A thread for the neutrals...

Comments

• ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    I know he's new to this and whatever but Scholes is so United centric that you would think there was only one team playing.

They do this with all the big clubs though - they get an ex-player as a commetator which leads to bias.
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Swansea are playing good stuff.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Awesome hold up play from Gomis there, quality signing
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    ustarion wrote: »
    They do this with all the big clubs though - they get an ex-player as a commetator which leads to bias.

Yeah, Sky in particular is like Liverpool tv most of the time.
    Forum Member
    I think Swansea are showing a lot of the people backing us to be relegated that we're a bit better than they though, still a couple of signing to come in as well.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odds of 25/1 on Man Utd winning this 3-2. Any takers?
    Forum Member
    Odds of 25/1 on Man Utd winning this 3-2. Any takers?

Maybe equalise for 2-2 but no way 3-2.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Into Van Gaal time now.
    Forum Member
    'Got to give credit to Swansea'

yeah thanks for that!
    Forum Member
    'Got to give credit to Swansea'

yeah thanks for that!

Better late than never :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's a result that will please many neutrals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    van Gaal has got some serious rebuilding to do.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good idea for a thread, if it stops the supporters' threads being overrun by people looking to cause trouble.

Well played Swansea.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These pre-season predictions are beginning to look just a little bit ridiculous now.

It was always naive to believe that Van Gaal, in his first season, would be able to turn things around single handedly. Of course, this may be a wake up call for them, and they'll get the chequebook out, but if they don't add to this squad, they won't be challenging top 4, let alone the title.

As a Liverpool fan, I can only hope :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    These pre-season predictions are beginning to look just a little bit ridiculous now.

After one game?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that's a result that will please many neutrals.

Why would it?
  • O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Good idea for a thread, if it stops the supporters' threads being overrun by people looking to cause trouble.

Well played Swansea.

Completely agree, less polluting of the supporters threads then.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I didnt expect that result even though it was a makeshift lineup.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After one game?

Well, perhaps it's a tad premature to say that, but when you consider that some were actually tipping United to WIN the title, the performance was just worrying.

Perhaps they'll improve significantly, but it doesn't look like a promising bit of foreshadowing.
    Forum Member
    Man U bla bla bla Man U bla bla bla well done Swansea...

It is frustrating when your team achieves a fantastic win yet the post match punditry is 99% about Man U. I am used to it by now but still it's a bit rubbish!
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,920
    Forum Member
    Yep, good idea to have these threads from now on I think. Some of the club fans can be rather....erm... precious towards the mildest hint of criticism in the main supporter threads.

I thought Man Utd were okay considering the players on show. On a different day probably would have got a draw out of the game. Swansea are always pretty sharp on the counter so no great surprises to see them cause problems to ManU.

So nothing much learnt from this match. Until LvG starts to actually build the team he wants, it'll be bits and pieces performance-wise I feel. They'll improve as the season goes on, either way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roger_50 wrote: »
    Yep, good idea to have these threads from now on I think. Some of the club fans can be rather....erm... precious towards the mildest hint of criticism in the main supporter threads.

No.

Reasoned debate from opposition fans is absolutely fine, it's when people go in trolling and looking to wind people up that problems arise. The United thread now is an example.

Yet for some reason that's allowed yet people get banned for correcting spelling and grammar (one of the forum T&C's) and defending themselves against accusations of bullying.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,920
    Forum Member
    No.

Reasoned debate from opposition fans is absolutely fine, it's when people go in trolling and looking to wind people up that problems arise. The United thread now is an example.

Yet for some reason that's allowed yet people get banned for correcting spelling and grammar (one of the forum T&C's) and defending themselves against accusations of bullying.
    No.

I've also seen endless examples of fans being way too defensive and sulky as well over the last few years in those threads. It works both ways.
  • james2018james2018 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great result
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RotMojo wrote: »
    Why would it?

Because they were the underdogs.
This discussion has been closed.