Man United Supporters Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We actually have pretty difficult fixtures remaining, so I don't think it's time to count the chickens just yet.

Unlike last season however you feel with this team we can do em.

Under Moyes, we'd already crapped our pants before the off!
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,462
    Forum Member
    We actually have pretty difficult fixtures remaining, so I don't think it's time to count the chickens just yet.

We do but we seem to raise our game literally when playing the better teams.
  • Nova21Nova21 Posts: 13,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it was.

You wouldn't have predicted they would have scored, but they did. Football isn't an exact science. No fan would feel entirely comfortable with just a one goal advantage in the late stages of such an important match, regardless of the competition.

Don't be so touchy
  • Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nova21 wrote: »
    Don't be so touchy

OK, Batdude.
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,310
    Forum Member
    I know he may not like this, but Batty have you got anything to go to next Sunday? After you missing the Anfield game, it may be an idea to miss next weeks game as well. I know I've got to as I'll be driving back from a residential with the youth group... Today's youth will have to forgo the noise they call music today to listen to the match... Driver's choice rules for once...
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it was.

You wouldn't have predicted they would have scored, but they did. Football isn't an exact science. No fan would feel entirely comfortable with just a one goal advantage in the late stages of such an important match, regardless of the competition.

No I was not being condescending, or even trying to be so, I was merely looking at the bigger picture.

I don't wasn't a new "part" to have the same or similar things that happened in the old "part", I was merely commenting on the match, I don't wasn't this to be turned into something it is not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised he's even aware of today's result, thought he'd be off watching his pals play tiddlywinks or something.

I miss one or it might have been two games this whole season because I went away to watch a friend in action, and I get this tag of always missing games???

Come on now, let's play fair here!
    Tribec wrote: »
    I know he may not like this, but Batty have you got anything to go to next Sunday? After you missing the Anfield game, it may be an idea to miss next weeks game as well. I know I've got to as I'll be driving back from a residential with the youth group... Today's youth will have to forgo the noise they call music today to listen to the match... Driver's choice rules for once...

I don't have anything to do next Sunday, and I really want to watch us get some revenge over the defeat at their place!

Good on you for putting your foot down though over the radio!
    Forum Member
    I miss one or it might have been two games this whole season because I went away to watch a friend in action, and I get this tag of always missing games???

Come on now, let's play fair here!

I don't have anything to do next Sunday, and I really want to watch us get some revenge over the defeat at their place!

Good on you for putting your foot down though over the radio!

I may be putting the foot down on the pedal than the radio to get back before the end of the game, got to take the minibuses back towards OT, and due back at 5.30. It will be utter chaos trying to get in and out of the depot. Plus I may well be over ruled by other workers on the bus yet.

Overall, United's record when I've been working with the youth group has been quite good, I'm hoping it keeps it up next week. As big as a game as it is, I haven't started to build up to it yet, after starting the season really excited and wanting to actually go watch a few games (especially the Liverpool game), it's all sort of gone.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Bats I think its because you chose to go and watch your friend wrestle or whatever on the biggest fixture of the season. None of my friends would even ring me let alone ask me to go somewhere when we're playing Liverpool.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I was not being condescending, or even trying to be so, I was merely looking at the bigger picture.

I don't wasn't a new "part" to have the same or similar things that happened in the old "part", I was merely commenting on the match, I don't wasn't this to be turned into something it is not.

I'm obviously just jealous of your sagelike qualities.

Were you smoking a cigar during the later stages of the game whilst we were all hoping for a third goal?
    Forum Member
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Bats I think its because you chose to go and watch your friend wrestle or whatever on the biggest fixture of the season. None of my friends would even ring me let alone ask me to go somewhere when we're playing Liverpool.

To be fair to Bats, he wasn't the only one amongst us to be missing for the Liverpool game, I know it's different for myself as I help run the youth group, and so have to be there for the group, but I could have been "ill".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may be putting the foot down on the pedal than the radio to get back before the end of the game, got to take the minibuses back towards OT, and due back at 5.30. It will be utter chaos trying to get in and out of the depot. Plus I may well be over ruled by other workers on the bus yet.

Overall, United's record when I've been working with the youth group has been quite good, I'm hoping it keeps it up next week. As big as a game as it is, I haven't started to build up to it yet, after starting the season really excited and wanting to actually go watch a few games (especially the Liverpool game), it's all sort of gone.

Have any of them got some kind of tablet device you could whack on the dashboard during the journey? You'll catch most of the game whilst sitting in traffic. Perfectly safe.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
    Administrator
    Please keep the thread on-topic and avoid resorting to personal attacks. If you're having issues with a particular user you can use the "Ignore" feature or report posts via the red alert icon. It seems this thread is constantly being derailed and we don't want to have to mass remove posts again because the thread goes too far off-topic. Thank you.
    Forum Member
    Have any of them got some kind of tablet device you could whack on the dashboard during the journey? You'll catch most of the game whilst sitting in traffic. Perfectly safe.

I'll have my phone, but no tablets. No point in them taking a tablet tbh where we are going. There is little signal to get online or to take a phone call. It's quite amusing watching up 10 teenagers wandering around a field full of sheep trying to avoid said sheep, whilst trying to find a spot where they get a signal just to send a text. Even funnier when I consider last year someone spent 15 minutes doing that, to text someone on the residential rather than speak to them. Youth and the mobile devices.

As long as I know the scores and how the game is going I'll be fine, though if it gets to 80 minutes like today and 2-1, I don't know how I'll cope... I know it was Villa and I know there record against us is awful, but I just didn't feel comfortable at all today against them. I felt at any point they'd go up and score on the counter and then defend till the very end to scrape a win/draw. Unlike Villa though City are more than capable of doing that as has been seen over the past year or two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as I know the scores and how the game is going I'll be fine, though if it gets to 80 minutes like today and 2-1, I don't know how I'll cope... I know it was Villa and I know there record against us is awful, but I just didn't feel comfortable at all today against them. I felt at any point they'd go up and score on the counter and then defend till the very end to scrape a win/draw. Unlike Villa though City are more than capable of doing that as has been seen over the past year or two.

Yeah, i felt the same. As unlikeable as he may be, Tim has given them a little more life than they had before (they scored 4 away from home in their last match, albeit against an abject Sunderland). I'd have felt the same nerves regardless of the competition. The ghosts of last season are still giving me the shivers, and as Osusana said, we tend to play better against the 'decent' sides and Villa are far from that.

I'm confident about the City match, I think we stand a good chance of getting at least a draw but I'm hopeful for a win. If we can win that then I think we can say that's the CL spot wrapped up. A fine achievement for LVG's first season in the hotseat.
    Forum Member
    Just seen Charlie's strike, not bad at all, but got to give Freddie Flintoff due for his twitter post.
    andrew flintoff ‏@flintoff11 50s50 seconds ago

Watching the football and a bloke who looks like a bus driver just scored from his own half !
    Forum Member
    Yeah, i felt the same. As unlikeable as he may be, Tim has given them a little more life than they had before (they scored 4 away from home in their last match, albeit against an abject Sunderland). I'd have felt the same nerves regardless of the competition. The ghosts of last season are still giving me the shivers, and as Osusana said, we tend to play better against the 'decent' sides and Villa are far from that.

I'm confident about the City match, I think we stand a good chance of getting at least a draw but I'm hopeful for a win. If we can win that then I think we can say that's the CL spot wrapped up. A fine achievement for LVG's first season in the hotseat.

It wasn't anything to do with last season for me, it was more how for as dominant as we were in possession, the only chances we were getting we were fluffing or they were getting blocks on them. The longer the first half went on, it felt like it was going to be one of them days when no matter what we did we wouldn't score. Plus with Agbonlahor on the pitch, I'm never comfortable, not since he destroyed our reserve side with Pique and co in it a few years back. He's never really progressed to where he could have got, but he still has his moments of magic, and he was the last Villa player to score a winner against us. Then with Joe Cole coming on, he's got a bit of history against us. Plus it got very scrappy as a game and they are never easy to sit through when it's tight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made the mistake of listening to some of 606 tonight. United fans calling in suggesting LVG should be sacked and replaced with Ancelotti at the end of the season, complaining because his signings have been poor, suggesting we will never win a trophy under him.

Absolute madness.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair to Bats, he wasn't the only one amongst us to be missing for the Liverpool game, I know it's different for myself as I help run the youth group, and so have to be there for the group, but I could have been "ill".

Well tbh I'm going to watch Jesus Christ Superstar in Manchester the same time we play Chelsea.

Warming up the weekend early because my daughter is 16 the next day!

Lot's of booze,singing,good food and great football (hopefully).:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Made the mistake of listening to some of 606 tonight. United fans calling in suggesting LVG should be sacked and replaced with Ancelotti at the end of the season, complaining because his signings have been poor, suggesting we will never win a trophy under him.

Absolute madness.

When I was a teenager there was a bit of a craze for aerosol sniffing. Maybe it's made a comeback.

Silly buggers!
    Forum Member

Absolute madness.

I bet the only reason they want Ancelotti is that they think his link to Madrid might bring Ronaldo or Bale to OT. I said with Moyes last year any new manager really needs a season or two to settle into the club. I'm one of the few that would have let Moyes have this season as well, but as it it it's gone. I don't think LVG has pulled up many trees in terms of how we are playing, but we are effective, hard to beat and in contention for a Champions League spot.

I'll say this now, and it goes with what I've said before, I don't mind not winning things, I've seen us win everything multiple times and whilst it's always good to win, it isn't always as good. All I want is a challenge on all fronts, I actually think that LVG has a better chance of leading us to success in Europe than I do in the league. Once we get a team capable of challenging and a win in any competition it will take the monkey off the back that others have quickly placed upon since Fergie left.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the mistake was listening to 606.

It's a hateful show, presented by a bunch of hateful cretins, who inspire hateful callers.

Good result today. Hope LVG sticks with this core group - they clearly work together as a unit.

If we do the unthinkable and beat City, Chelsea and Arsenal in the next few weeks, we get second.

Never thought I'd be saying that!
  • Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The boy Herrera played well today. I like his ability to create spaces and great passing. He and Mata really working well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting an Herrera top before the season started now seems like a pretty smart move!

He is now firmly establishing himself as a player that has to start.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not only East, but his assistant, West. Yes true and they both did that Sunderland game.
This discussion has been closed.