Banshee S3 (UK Pace)

SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
Forum Member
I tried to do a search on this but as usual nothing came up.

I've just found out this start last night on Sky Atlantic, I didn't see any trailers saying it was starting. I've now downloaded ep 1, and series linked the rest.

Is anyone else watching?

Comments

• JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the first episode and there's no let up on the action.

Proctor in bed with his niece :o

Carrie now a waitress but still kicking ass.

Hood keeping Deva out of trouble and keeping Deputy Siobhan happy :D

To crown it off Job is back with even more attitude.
  • rkolsenrkolsen Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    You'll love the season. As always their fight scenes are epic.
    If you read the US thread you'll see how much drama and a huge cliffhanger at the end of the season.

I'm curious are these episodes edited (cleansed) in anyway and do they run without commercials?
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    Is anyone else watching?
    saw it us pace and am keen to see how ukpacers find it, especially ........................
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rkolsen wrote: »
    If you read the US thread you'll see how much drama and a huge cliffhanger at the end of the season.

I'm curious are these episodes edited (cleansed) in anyway and do they run without commercials?

I watched on Sky Atlantic and yes there are ad breaks. Without seeing the US episodes I don't know if UK are getting cleansed versions but I doubt it as they are full on with the sex and violence.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Watched the first episode and there's no let up on the action.

Proctor in bed with his niece :o

Carrie now a waitress but still kicking ass.

Hood keeping Deva out of trouble and keeping Deputy Siobhan happy :D

To crown it off Job is back with even more attitude.
    Carrie at her best, all be it, as a waitress - "Always room for improvement";-)

Great return of Banshee - a gentle start to the new season, execution, ambush on a truck {where did that Marine base come from} and Job dealing with a little problem.
    "Tell me about the money"

Rebecca&Proctor...:o
    Hood&Daughter time....ahhh! - but don't get a new place.
    Littlestone still BIG!
    And Emmett not forgotten.:cool:

How long is his replacement going to last.;-)
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    I've watched it and I'm so glad it's back.

You've gotta love Job :cool:
    Proctor and Rebekah is just creepy! :o
    Brock with beard? :D
    Carrie is fab as a waitress. :cool:
    And I have no idea where that Marine base came from. :confused:
    Forum Member
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    I've watched it and I'm so glad it's back.

You've gotta love Job :cool:
    Proctor and Rebekah is just creepy! :o
    Brock with beard? :D
    Carrie is fab as a waitress. :cool:
    And I have no idea where that Marine base came from. :confused:
    Yes, where did that come from.;-) - :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^maybe no-one knew it was there cos of all the camouflage gear they use. :)
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rkolsen wrote: »

Three ad breaks on Sky Atlantic but none on the Anytime version. On breaks 1 and 3 there was a title caption and a Sky Atlantic ident then the show resumed. On break 2, just the title caption.
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    im watching.i just love this show so much........its so stylish and the first episode packed so much in.
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I didn't even realize this had started! Have just downloaded the first episode, and series linked it.

Will be watching it later today! :)
  • willowwolfwillowwolf Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really done with this show now. Far too many convoluted stories, characters and pointless fights. Yawn. Is it just me? I loved the first series but really, I've given up caring now. I've watched 2 episodes of this series and won't bother anymore. We had the Amish, now the Native Americans are wading in...how PC. Give me a good storyline, not caricatures.
    Forum Member
    willowwolf wrote: »
    I'm really done with this show now. Far too many convoluted stories, characters and pointless fights. Yawn. Is it just me? I loved the first series but really, I've given up caring now. I've watched 2 episodes of this series and won't bother anymore. We had the Amish, now the Native Americans are wading in...how PC. Give me a good storyline, not caricatures.
    For me, still as good as it's ever been.

Last night, Rebecca trigger happy {"You've got great skin" Is that a chat-up line} - Hood casing the tunnel - Stowe laying down the law, but no more Dinner, what was that all about at the end - and Carrie & Lona 'teaming up'.
    And you have to feel sorry for Gordon.

This has always been, OTT - from the story of Hood, getting the Sheriffs job hours after, leaving Prison - to the fights, plot lines, crazy yes - all escapes madness.

Love this show.:cool:
  • J.pJ.p Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I am loving this show,have watched from day one, if you watch on demand no adverts!soo much better..have to admit proctor and his niece is not right ( unless that's normal for the Hamish !) still creepy, loves his mama though!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    J.p wrote: »
    I am loving this show,have watched from day one, if you watch on demand no adverts!soo much better..have to admit proctor and his niece is not right ( unless that's normal for the Hamish !) still creepy, loves his mama though!

They've both been shunned by the Amish community and it has been on the cards since she joined him after being shunned.
    Forum Member
    Short lived friendship with Carrie then.:(

Maybe the best episode of Banshee - best fight anyway....Clay vs Nola plus a Rolls Royce - how did one survive.:o - the nurse performs miracles.

Hood in hot water too with an FBI agent a Truck - what an end for the Fat Guy - but the agents file...as if she, and the others, didn't know Hood wasn't a normal cop.

Job & Sugar - "There ain’t no such thing as Sweatpants Monday” - what a pair.:cool:
    Aimee {hope she lasts a season} and Chayton with history too, interesting.

oh yeah - that raid on Proctors club - nice.;-) - repercussions aplenty.:o
    Brock was hilarious with his 'shrink'.;-)
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clay has to the best most kick arse chracacter in any tv show ever guy is pure bad ass proctor must pay him a fortune
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jesus, even by Banshee standards Ep3 was violent. Brutal opening fight with an very graphic ending (surprised Nola bought it, I though she'd be a major character in series 3), numerous shootings, torture and the fat guy literally splattered under the wheels of a big trailer truck! I'm a big fan of the show but even I was taken aback.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    Jesus, even by Banshee standards Ep3 was violent. Brutal opening fight with an very graphic ending (surprised Nola bought it, I though she'd be a major character in series 3), numerous shootings, torture and the fat guy literally splattered under the wheels of a big trailer truck! I'm a big fan of the show but even I was taken aback.

I completely concur. Fat guy under the truck equals a jump off my seat moment, and it usually takes a LOT to make me do that!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    I completely concur. Fat guy under the truck equals a jump off my seat moment, and it usually takes a LOT to make me do that!

I liked it. There you are thinking he'll be the villain of the season, and 'SPLAT' he is out of it as soon as he's appeared. Same with Nola.

Having short seasons (compared to 24 episode seasons) certainly helps concentrate the action.
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with the last 2 eps of Banshee and I'm loving it, even though it's insane.

Clay loves a bit of pain. ;-)
    Nola didn't see that coming, it was a bit gruesome :o,
    Fat bloke under the truck, that was just brutal :o
    Brock at his therapy session ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That fight was the only time Banshee went too far for me. Felt like they strayed into the Saw Movie territory with its long-drawn-outness, from their usual Friday 13th way of gruesome but quick (which I much prefer)
  • TATTOO62TATTOO62 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    It really is an engrossing series. My nephew calls it pinball television.
    Forum Member
    Clay has to the best most kick arse chracacter in any tv show ever guy is pure bad ass proctor must pay him a fortune
    He knows where ALL the bodies are buried.:cool:
    Forum Member
    Didn't see the Hood - Proctor fight coming - it was good, with a power tool.:o

Pleased Carrie has taken the apron off.:cool:
    Not sure how the daughter is going to end up.:(

Didn't realize the nurse was Brocks ex.:confused:
    And Rebecca driving, ouch! - but now it's war, [as if it wasn't already] - loved the ending.:o

oh yeah...Job&Sugar - cleaners.....:D