Sister Sister
Are you afraid of the dark?
The Amanda Show
Kenan and Kel
Kablaam
Rugrats
Doug
Clarissa Explains it All

I don't know what Nickelodeon is making these days but I bet they aren't better than those :p:)

Comments

• HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rugrats.
    Doug.
    Rocko's Modern Life.
    Ren and Stimpy.
    Are you afraid of the dark.
    Hey Arnold.
    Blossom (was that a Nick show?)
    Sister Sister.

Also, can't remember the name, but it had monsters in it. One monster held his eye with his am i think?

I watched a lot of Nick TV in the early/mid 90's. More so than BBC and ITV kids TV. I watched Rugrats before school everyday, along with Doug. Rugrats were Nickelodeon's (pardon the pun) baby back then. Sister Sister was extremely popular too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA19d_NsPpo
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Rugrat. ]

:o:o

thats no way to talk about Jose ...... Babe !! :p:D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved The Secret Life of Alex Mack plus the ones already mentioned

I also remember

The Amanda Show
    The Adventures of Pete and Pete
    All That
    The Wild Thornberrys
    Catdog
    Rocket Power
    As Told By Ginger
    Invader Zim
    Jimmy Neutron

Although they are still being made now, I recall the early seasons of Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob as well. Never would of thought the likes of my god children would be watching these shows all these years later.

and the show you are describing is Aaaahh Real Monsters

I don't recall Blossom on Nick but Saved By The Bell was. I remember watching Blosson on the channel Trouble, which was a channel that showed a lot of old teen sitcoms.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pete & Pete was an excellent show.
  • dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    Was anyone else a kid/teen during this time? I loved so many amazing shows:

Sabrina the Teenage Witch
    Sister Sister
    The Amanda Show
    Kenan and Kel
    Kablaam
    Rugrats
    Doug
    Clarissa Explains it All

I don't know what Nickelodeon is making these days but I bet they aren't better than those :p:)

Who was the lady who read the birthdays on sky nickeledeon.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Pete & Pete was an excellent show.

I had a childhood pathological hatred of Pete & Pete. It would always win the votes at the weekend and get shown over gems like Rocko and The Ferals.

Are You Afraid Of The Dark? was brilliant, some legit scary episodes, too.
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not necessarily a Nickelodeon production but I really did like Moesha back in the day.
  • WolfGirl2WolfGirl2 Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Was anyone else a kid/teen during this time? I loved so many amazing shows:

Sister Sister
    The Amanda Show
    Kenan and Kel
    Kablaam
    Rugrats
    Doug
    Clarissa Explains it All

Yessss this was my childhood, I loved all these shows. The Amanda Show was actually really funny in parts and do you remember Action League Now! from Kablaam OMG it was hilarious!

Also I think these might have been on FoxKids (as it was known then IIRC) but I also loved Goosebumps, Recess, Hey Arnold there are probably more I just can't think of them all right now.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Rugrats.
    Doug.
    Rocko's Modern Life.
    Ren and Stimpy.
    Are you afraid of the dark.
    Hey Arnold.
    Blossom (was that a Nick show?)
    Sister Sister.

Also, can't remember the name, but it had monsters in it. One monster held his eye with his am i think?

I watched a lot of Nick TV in the early/mid 90's. More so than BBC and ITV kids TV. I watched Rugrats before school everyday, along with Doug. Rugrats were Nickelodeon's (pardon the pun) baby back then. Sister Sister was extremely popular too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA19d_NsPpo

Aaahh! Real Monsters

Fond memories of the Midnight Society(?) from Are You Afraid of the Dark. Always wanted in on that club as if it were real.
  • DigitalPunkDigitalPunk Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I loved Nickelodeon in the 90s it was until the mid 2000s.

These are the shows I watched on :

Nickelodeon
    Rugrats
    Hey Arnold
    Are you afraid of the Dark?
    Cousin Skeeter
    Rocket Power
    The Wild Thornberry's
    As Told By Ginger
    Cardcaptors
    Three Friends & Jerry
    The Amanda Show
    Kenan and Kel
    Clarissa Explains it All
    Round the Twist
    The Journey of Allen Strange
    Real Monsters
    Rocko's Modern Life
    The Angry Beavers

I also watched many other shows on other channels too.

Trouble
    Weird Science TV Series
    Sweet Valley High

Fox Kids
    Mighty Max
    The Hurricanes
    Dennis the Menace (US)
    Dennis & Gnasher (90s version)
    Goosebumps
    The New Addams Family
    Oggy & The Cockroaches
    Iron Man
    The Mask

Disney Channel
    Lizzie McGuire
    That's so Raven
    8 Simple Rules
    Honey , I Shrunk the Kids TV Show
    Home Improvement
    Dr Quinn : Medicine Woman
    Touched by an Angel
    Dinosaurs

Toon Disney
    Recess
    Lloyd in Space
    House of Mouse
    The Proud Family
    Kim Possible
    Lilo & Stitch
    The Weekenders
    Jumanji the Animated Series
    Sabrina the Animated Series
    Goof Troop
    DuckTales
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor kids today, Disney channel dominates and it's all extremely stupid unfunny sitcoms. Even my niece and nephews groan, sometimes.

Boomerang shows new Tom and Jerry where they talk, drive cars... It's just wrong. :eek:
  • DigitalPunkDigitalPunk Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Poor kids today, Disney channel dominates and it's all extremely stupid unfunny sitcoms. Even my niece and nephews groan, sometimes.

Boomerang shows new Tom and Jerry where they talk, drive cars... It's just wrong. :eek:

I agree alot of the modern Disney Channel sitcoms today are dreadful and unfunny , at least during Gen Y's Kids era we had good selection of shows on Disney Channel and many other kids channels too.

Boomerang i used to like for The Flintstones , The Jetsons , Wacky Racers and The Hair Bear Bunch too and of course Top Cat and classic Scooby Doo. I'm not sure if Boomerang still show the classic episodes of Scooby Doo though ?
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Who was the lady who read the birthdays on sky nickeledeon.

Moonya and yolanda
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moonya and yolanda

This comes up on these forums every now and then, but a number of the ‘classic’ Nickelodeon presenters are still around – Rick Adams is now on The Weather Channel in the US and Lucy Alexander is now on BBC’s ‘Homes Under the Hammer’ for example. And of the ‘newer generation’ of presenters, Simon Amstell and Dave Berry have obviously gone on to bigger things.
  • floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rocko's Modern Life was my fave along with Clarissa Explains It All.
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moonya and yolanda

I remember another girl called Lisa B.

I grew up on Nick.

Watch your own Wednesday/Week

Sabrina September.

All the shows mentioned, plus does anyone remember Tucker?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always found it odd that Sabrina was broadcast at 8/9 on Friday nights in the US, but was kids TV here.

Rocko got away with some really rude jokes.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We got cable television when I was 14 and I loved Nickleodeon.

Favourite programmes:

Ren and Stimpy
    Doug
    Pete and Pete
    Rugrats
    Round The Twist
    Clarissa Explains It All
    Hey Arnold
    Rocko's Modern Life (they had the DVDs in Poundland recently, score!)
    Keenan and Kel

So many good memories. :)
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always found it odd that Sabrina was broadcast at 8/9 on Friday nights in the US, but was kids TV here.

Rocko got away with some really rude jokes.

So was 'Sister Sister'.
    But 'Sabrina' and 'Sister Sister' weren't Nickelodeon shows in the US, they aired on network television in primetime (but in slots aimed at a teen/family audience).

As for adult humour in Nicktoons, the ultimate example is 'Ren and Stimpy'! It still amazes me that was a kids cartoon (although it wasn't originally intended to be).

And on a related note, 'The Secret World of Alex Mack' DVD boxset is rated '15' by the BBFC!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Secret-World-Alex-Mack-Season/dp/B0073V2GOM/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1439384417&sr=1-1&keywords=alex+mack
  • KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone remember the show on Nick about a teenage girl who lived with her dad. He may or may not have been Headmaster at her school and it was all about their ongoing clashes( May have the plot slightly wrong but would have been early 00s)

Some of other shows I'll add in are: Zoey 101, Taina, Drake and Josh and Brothers Garcia. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember another girl called Lisa B.

I grew up on Nick.

Watch your own Wednesday/Week

Sabrina September.

Yes i loved tucker. I was sad to find out years later it flopped and only lasted about 13 episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember Dave Berry and Simon Amstell were presenters on nick. Both have gone on to do very well.
  • WolfGirl2WolfGirl2 Posts: 356
    Forum Member

Me and my sister had the biggest crush on him!:blush:
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    As for adult humour in Nicktoons, the ultimate example is 'Ren and Stimpy'! It still amazes me that was a kids cartoon (although it wasn't originally intended to be).

And on a related note, 'The Secret World of Alex Mack' DVD boxset is rated '15' by the BBFC!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Secret-World-Alex-Mack-Season/dp/B0073V2GOM/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1439384417&sr=1-1&keywords=alex+mack

Anyone remember the episode of Ren & Stimpy where Stimpy farts and desperately wants it back I remember finding it absolutely hilarious at the time.

The Secret World Of Alex Mack was that the really weird show about this teenager who lived in a strange neighbourhood? If it's the one I'm thinking of I loved it, then again I always liked weird stuff!
    I remember Dave Berry and Simon Amstell were presenters on nick. Both have gone on to do very well.

Simon Amstell on Nick I can't believe that, he was so funny on Popworld he used to ask them really odd questions and the guests would sit there really awkwardly and not know how to respond.

Love this thread its reminding me of all the shows I used to watch I must check them out on YouTube.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kymberly wrote: »
    Can anyone remember the show on Nick about a teenage girl who lived with her dad. He may or may not have been Headmaster at her school and it was all about their ongoing clashes( May have the plot slightly wrong but would have been early 00s)

Some of other shows I'll add in are: Zoey 101, Taina, Drake and Josh and Brothers Garcia. :)

It reminds me of a 'Two of a Kind' with the Olsen Twins.
  • AntboxAntbox Posts: 4,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kymberly wrote: »
    Raising Dad? Great show.