The Official Villa supporters thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    We tried to get Dwight Gayle as well according to Sky Sports news, but apparently Palace laughed at our offer.

We've spent a fair bit of money this window comapared to the last few seasons, i hope we start to see some return on it, i'm fed up of relegation battles
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Well Sherwood has just pissed off the whole fanbase. Single handedly costed us the game.
  • TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a shambles.

We got rid of a mug named Lambert and replaced him with another mug.

One win from the last seven league games
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abysmal. Sherwood has some questions to answer after that one...this'll definitely be the first crack in his reign.
    Forum Member
    I've never rated Sherwood to be honest. A short decent spell at Spurs with no achivements shouldn't make you the Aston Villa manager. He did well to keep us up but I don't think he'll cut it long term.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What other manager would take off a player who just scored a wonder goal.

We are at home to West Brom next that for me is a must win.
  • RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    I predicted 18th in the original poll on the Villa forum and this game highlights exactly why. When the pressure is on we simply fall apart. Well done Leicester for wanting it more even after being so useless in the first half.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Sherwood showed in the second half that he is out of depth at this level.He only has one way to play and he couldn't cope today when Ranairi changed his tatics in the second half

I think that if things have not improved by Xmas at Villa then Sherwood will be gone!
    Forum Member
    Disgraceful collapse at 2-0 up, weak minded players who crumble and panic when under pressure, there is something wrong at the club, we change manager, we spend money, but the same basic mistakes cost us time and time again,

There is a losing mentality at the club which Sherwood has not been able to control, naive manager making naive substitutions, would it be knee jerk to suggest Sherwood may have to go to save us from relegation ?
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Hopefully will have a win tomorrow, we have a decent record against them.

But after last weeks collapse I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep lost again, now one win from eight in the league.

Tim is not all that he was cracked up to be.
    Forum Member
    Club is rotten. That is all.
    Forum Member
    Sherwood joining McClaren in the sack race

We offered very little today, rarely troubled West Brom

We are going to need a strong manager to knock the losing mentality out of the club, at the moment its rotten to the core
  • RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    When such a poor team as West Brom come and win at your ground without their keeper having to do anything then you need to start worrying. Nobody emerged from the game with any credit but Gabby, Westwood and Sinclair were particularly anonymous. Sherwood also needs to stop treating the fans like idiots with his "our points total does not reflect our performances" nonsense. We have not been unlucky in any games so far so 4 points is an accurate reflection of how poor we have been so far. The next 7 league games are much tougher than the first 6 so I cannot see us not being in the bottom 3 when Watford come to VP at the end of November.

Hopefully the badly missed Gana and Adama can give us a bit of hope, but even then I cannot think of a worse set of "strikers" in the league than our lot. With those 2 likely to still be missing on Tuesday, I think we are that bad that Small Heath go into the match as favourites!
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Villa against Brum is a must win for Villa AND Sherwood UTV

I hope this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34237362

is not Tims plan B for Villa
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor start anyway but last week was a shocker which might well define the season. Last year there were a few early points in the bag before the rot set in-this year its already here and there are too many Premier League teams willing to die for every point to suggest anything other than a struggle to the wire again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't care how shit the first half was, I don't care how close it was...we beat those bastards! That's all that matters to me!:D:D:D

Now let's find some of that second half form for the league!
    Forum Member
    We need to take the confidence from this result, get better, and move up the league.

At least Sherwood could see it wasnt right at half time and changed it, but he really has got to learn his best eleven and quick
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim Sherwood what a ******.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Into the bottom three with a Difficult October run of games coming up
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Well Villa start to October is not going well so far as it looks like we are heading for a loss against Stoke

I can't see anything other than relegation for Villa and Championship football for us next season unless things change soon!
    Forum Member
    We have the worst manager in the league by a distance. He's been found out big time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Villa should use the two week break to find another manager under Sherwood Villa will be relegated.

Chelsea away next.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're f**ked.
    Forum Member
    "Big Fat Sam's Claret and Blue Army" :D:D

I'm getting ready for our new song before christmas ;-)

Seriously though, i would rather see Sam Allardyce take over :o, its got to that stage now where i'm sick of seeing Sherwood learning how to be a manager, getting us into more and more trouble, we cant afford to have a tactically naive manager learning on the job in charge anymore, we just do not have the time. When he took over last year he was just what the squad needed in terms of a fresh voice and a lift, but now he is showing just how naive he is.

who knows he might be a good manager in 5 years time, but are we going to go down and spend years struggling hoping Sherwood comes good for us, i'm scared of taking that risk tbh.

Allardyce gets a lot of criticism from supporters, but he has experience of keeping teams up, he has been there and done it and that is the type of person we need imo