Options

A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like more fun than my graduation anyway, granted i did have a terrible hangover during most of it... And my photocall was at .... 7:30 AM!!!!! they torture students on purpose i'm sure of it!

Practise is ok, just did an hour now taking a 3 min break before going again for another hour or so... Might have a job audition in a few weeks so have to get my hours in!

How was everybody's day? Listened to a lot of MDNA today and whilst I don't think M has the strongest voice, it's definitely recognisable and I like the production on the some of the tracks. They definitely made huge mistakes re singles choices. ...
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha your parents sitting there aghast as you throw open the Exits and flee not a good idea no :D You'll be fine well probably well hopefull in other words yes keep is posted :p

And glad practice is going okay miss :) And agree MDNA is one of the few Madonna albums i really enjoy it's not her best or strongest but its identifiable and has a good overall sound if a little generic but it is good :)
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Sounds like more fun than my graduation anyway, granted i did have a terrible hangover during most of it... And my photocall was at .... 7:30 AM!!!!! they torture students on purpose i'm sure of it!

7.30AM???!!! Jeez that's way too early! :eek:
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Practise is ok, just did an hour now taking a 3 min break before going again for another hour or so... Might have a job audition in a few weeks so have to get my hours in!

How was everybody's day? Listened to a lot of MDNA today and whilst I don't think M has the strongest voice, it's definitely recognisable and I like the production on the some of the tracks. They definitely made huge mistakes re singles choices. ...

Didn't know you were an Madonna fan. :)
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't know you were an Madonna fan. :)

I'm by no means an expert or anything but I like a lot of her music - I have trouble sometimes with liking her as a person but I've come to realise that perhaps that's not so important? I wish I could have seen some of her earlier tours live, but too young to go to a show like that!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm by no means an expert or anything but I like a lot of her music - I have trouble sometimes with liking her as a person but I've come to realise that perhaps that's not so important? I wish I could have seen some of her earlier tours live, but too young to go to a show like that!!

I agree with you Madonna as a person isn't always my cup of tea but she has some seriously good music and as you said performances i was too young too first tour i would have been able to see was the drowned world when i was 10 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What's everyone up to at the moment?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is everyone this evening?

CNBC, congratulations on your graduation.

LM, you seem to have received a pretty comprehensive list to explore. I'll have a think of some recommendations but I'd echo a lot of the artists you've been given, especially Sia and Vampire Weekend.

I've been listening to Dawes and Gary Clark Jnr. lately.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Hello

Managed to finish work at 9. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Waldstein wrote: »
    CNBC, congratulations on your graduation.

Thanks :D Yeah it was an interesting day. Back to normality tomorrow!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Wald nice to see you back i have had Ellie's Halcyon on repeat for days now :p

And back to normal unless of course you have miss.airy fairy CNBC :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Hav. Did Halcyon meet your expectations? I know you're a big fan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Hav. Did Halcyon meet your expectations? I know you're a big fan.

it definitely has whilst Ceremonials was a great album i think in terms of second albums Ellie far succeded Lyrically and Musically its strides ahead of her debut and she has really come into her own no complaints from me plus her track with Calvin Harris is sure to be a hit :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's good, Hav. I'm glad you enjoyed. I must check it out. Another Calvin Harris appearance... I wonder did Kylie know what she was starting ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's good, Hav. I'm glad you enjoyed. I must check it out. Another Calvin Harris appearance... I wonder did Kylie know what she was starting ;)

It's a worthy listen especially if your a fan of Florence etc :)

And i know he did some really great tracks on X and Too Much on Aphrodite is a corker always one step ahead is Kylie :p Plus his solo material prior to this era was good too Flashback especially is a great song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    And back to normal unless of course you have miss.airy fairy CNBC :D

No I don't have Miss Airy Fairy tomorrow. I don't have her for another two weeks as next Monday's a bank holiday here in Ireland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha awe i'm always interestd to heart what subject shes wanders on to other than the subject she is teaching i'm hoping one day she brings up leprachauns :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a worthy listen especially if your a fan of Florence etc :)

And i know he did some really great tracks on X and Too Much on Aphrodite is a corker always one step ahead is Kylie :p Plus his solo material prior to this era was good too Flashback especially is a great song.

I don't mind Calvin actually but he does seem to be everywhere at the moment. I agree, Flashback is fantastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha awe i'm always interestd to heart what subject shes wanders on to other than the subject she is teaching i'm hoping one day she brings up leprachauns :D:p

She's a strange one alright :p If she mentions leprechauns at all I'll probably fall off my chair laughing :D
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss Airy-Fairy in IP Law is waffling on about patenting plants and humans at the moment :rolleyes: This class is a joke. In the first few weeks it was like Show and Tell University Edition :p

I know you have mentioned her before. Somehow I keep picturing her up there with the fairies!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah he is definitely the British Guetta though i find his music far superior he always ahs interesting collaborations with interesting results i'd say Example, Ne-yo are the two weakest as mainly Example is a poor mans Calvin Harris and Let Go is just a bit bland Sweet Nothing i'm loving at the moment i may buy 18 Months (or is it days or weeks :p)

And haha it would be classic and in international Law they copyrighting of Leprachauns and the role thay have in shaping the Irish identity its worth showing up for that :D
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I only just found out that She Saw Me Coming by the Rolling Stones was released in 2005. I though it was released MUCH earlier than that :eek:

Anyway, I'm going to bed. Wayyy past my bedtime.

Night all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And haha it would be classic and in international Law they copyrighting of Leprachauns and the role thay have in shaping the Irish identity its worth showing up for that :D

Yeah it would be funny :D Now I'm hoping she mentions leprechauns in the next lecture!
    I know you have mentioned her before. Somehow I keep picturing her up there with the fairies!:D

I actually think she is :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha you'll be silently trying to coach her from the back of the leture hall :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha you'll be silently trying to coach her from the back of the leture hall :D

Don't know how yet though :p
This discussion has been closed.