AesaAesa Posts: 3,614
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He can cast both Sam and Jessie in his own productions now :p

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah indeed, and he does have Phantom 2 coming up!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    He's gonna cast jessie in one of his own productions. he'll be so delighted!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,818
    Forum Member
    Aesa wrote: »

haha yeah thats what I was thinking :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Yep, Jessie will be his leading lady
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I almost feel bad for Jodie because she is no where near as good as the previous winners!!! She may have a problem with the critics!!!
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    I think Jessie has a big future ahead of her!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he loves jessie - he will make sure she is ok and im 99% sure he will give her some kind of role in one of his shows
  • GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot see ALW casting either Sam or Jessie in Phantom of the Opera 2.

He will definately want a big name for that one when it premieres in the West End.
  • cressida100cressida100 Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funkyfairy wrote: »
    I almost feel bad for Jodie because she is no where near as good as the previous winners!!! She may have a problem with the critics!!!

Sour grapes:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmmmm I really think Jessie may be the Nancy understudy and sounds like the understudy may do as many shows as the lead!!!
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    Glinny wrote: »
    I cannot see ALW casting either Sam or Jessie in Phantom of the Opera 2.

He will definately want a big name for that one when it premieres in the West End.

Connie anyone:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Way!!!!!!!!
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    Way!!!!!!!!

Don't say you weren't warned:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Mmmmmm I really think Jessie may be the Nancy understudy and sounds like the understudy may do as many shows as the lead!!!

An understudy is an actor already performing a role within the performance who also knows the part of the lead, they only take over at the last minute due to illness or something. For scheduled days off it's an 'alternate' actor who is contracted to perform only that role.
  • glitta17glitta17 Posts: 2,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh he can give Jessie a musical in less than 6 months
  • anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hopefullly he or someone else casts sam in something, i woudl definatly see her in a show
  • GlinnyGlinny Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    Connie anyone:p

Oh please no, no, no. That would be just too much.

I love Phantom of the Opera my favourite musical.

Cannot wait to see the sequel but Connie Fisher :cry::cry::cry:
  • NoahsAarkNoahsAark Posts: 30,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think there would be a huge uproar if ANY of the other Nancys were to be an alternate for Jodie ...
  • TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She has a great voice, and a great personality which could absolutely shine on stage. I think the critics, whilst first being a bit wary of her, will be won over by her performance.

And at the end of the day - unlike Connie/Lee, this is an ensemble show. Jodie, Gwion, Laurence and Harry just slot into an ensemble performance with Burn Gorman and Rowan Atkinson. The reviewer will have a hard time if they're going to give a decent mention to everyone in their article.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't I read somewhere here that Cameron has the first choice on signing up anyone from this show and has about a month to make that choice.
    NoahsAark wrote: »
    I think there would be a huge uproar if ANY of the other Nancys were to be an alternate for Jodie ...

I totally agree, with this. How could they possibly do that?

On the otherhand I would like to see Rachel as an alternate in the future just like Aiofe did in the Sound of Music having done something elese beforehand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoahsAark wrote: »

I don't remember there being an uproar when Aoife was alternate for Connie. And she came fourth - really if they were going from public opinion Helena should've been the alternate.

Winning this contest it seems only guarentees the winner four shows a week - it's up to the production team who takes the other performances and it would make more sense to go with another Nancy who was the next popular with the public.

Personally I'd rather Jessie had her own show than be Jodie's alternate. My feeling is if it's anyone it's likely to be Rachel - our fourth place girl again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember there being an uproar when Aoife was alternate for Connie. And she came fourth - really if they were going from public opinion Helena should've been the alternate.

Winning this contest it seems only guarentees the winner four shows a week - it's up to the production team who takes the other performances and it would make more sense to go with another Nancy who was the next popular with the public.

Personally I'd rather Jessie had her own show than be Jodie's alternate. My feeling is if it's anyone it's likely to be Rachel - our fourth place girl again.

Yes, but the big diference is that Aoife only did two shows a week - it would be :eek: if one of the other Nancies did exactly the same number of shows as the winner.
  • NoahsAarkNoahsAark Posts: 30,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And also Aoife didn't start doing her two shows until well into the run (when Connie developed her throat problems). Originally there was another girl lined up to play the alternate Maria (Emma Williams) but when Connie stated she wanted to do more than the 4 shows she left.

If they do have an alternate Nancy lined up ... it definitely shouldn't be any of the other Nancys ... that would just completely defeat the object of the competition.

Personally I think Jodie would manage 8 shows a week ... maybe perhaps if Jessie/Sam had won there might have been some doubt about that.