Options

Neighbours- Arrivals & Departures 2015

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
Forum Member
✭✭
Tim Philipps who plays Daniel Robinson in Neighbours has said that he wants another two years on the show but he did mention more departures this year.

Who else will leave this year and who will arrive?

Comments

• Options
    PaulRobinsonFanPaulRobinsonFan Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is lots of speculation on http://www.neighboursfans.com/forum/index.php which I am currently following, it looks like Libby Kennedy might be returning!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is lots of speculation on http://www.neighboursfans.com/forum/index.php which I am currently following, it looks like Libby Kennedy might be returning!

Jason Herbison said in his Interview that the Kennedy House would be full again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have signed up for this but my password won't give me access to the Australian discussions!
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Has it been confirmed, as it appears in the DS spoilers that
    Josef Brown aka Matt has left?

Also
    have the departures of Bailey and Chris been confirmed?
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Jayma wrote: »

Also
    have the departures of Bailey and Chris been confirmed?

Not surprised about the former, but the latter is a big surprise as he's been in the show for years now and I did think that he'd be sticking around for even longer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see Rosemary return for a stint.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not surprised about the former, but the latter is a big surprise as he's been in the show for years now and I did think that he'd be sticking around for even longer.

James Mason is now in LA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Jason Herbison said in his Interview that the Kennedy House would be full again.

I hope it's not strays
  • Options
    peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not going to put it in spoilers as I'm just speculating, but I get a feeling Saskia Hampele ( Georgia) has left..

She is currently in LA, ofcourse she can be on holidays but it seems that's the place to go once an actor has left Neighbours. Also she has posted quite a few backstage pics of cast and crew on Instagram- again this can be part of celebrating 30 years etc etc.

Just my opinion, although I hope she hasn't left. One of my faves.
  • Options
    ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Alan and Jackie were on the Australian chat show The Project and they showed the latest opening credits that clearly shows that two cast members have left: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B-4jjxMYwQ

I also read Saskia Hempele's Twitter and saw that she was in LA and I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's left. Mind you, I can't say I missed her as I've always found her to be rather bland and dull.

I read the Jason Herbison interview and would be delighted if Libby returned.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    If Saskia is still in LA after two weeks, I think it'll be a fair bet that she's leaving; rarely do actors get more than 2 weeks off at this time of year.

However (and I'm about to contradict myself as this thought has just come to me), the cast and crew get a 2 week production break over Easter, which could be great timing for Saskia to just be having a long holiday, as it would bleed into the Easter holidays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    If Saskia is still in LA after two weeks, I think it'll be a fair bet that she's leaving; rarely do actors get more than 2 weeks off at this time of year.

However (and I'm about to contradict myself as this thought has just come to me), the cast and crew get a 2 week production break over Easter, which could be great timing for Saskia to just be having a long holiday, as it would bleed into the Easter holidays.

I don't think she has left. Those who will leave soon in Oz/UK are Baiiey, Chris & Matt.
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    I don't think she has left. Those who will leave soon in Oz/UK are Baiiey, Chris & Matt.

I think it's highly likely Georgia is off in the next few weeks. Question is, will Kyle go with her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tim Philipps who plays Daniel said there was a number of departures happening but I only know of three- Bailey, Chris & Matt.
  • Options
    Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can gather Matt
    gets killed in a hit and run
    Bailey most likely
    leaves with Alice
    as she is returning and Chris
    goes to America for the baby
    These are my thoughts but I spoiler tagged them in case they turn out to be correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling Saskia Hemple has quit the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like today's episode (Oz Pace) was the last episode the cast filmed before the Christmas Break both Chris & Matt made their last appearances this week.
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    It looks like today's episode (Oz Pace) was the last episode the cast filmed before the Christmas Break both Chris & Matt made their last appearances this week.

I think the final episode might be next week with the Turners flying back to Mount Isa.
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    I think it's highly likely Georgia is off in the next few weeks. Question is, will Kyle go with her?

I cant say i'd miss Georgia ive always found her quite dull and boring and she seems to get more screen time than any other character which is annoying. I hope Kyle doesn't go though I like him and love the Canning's as a family unit, Sheila and Naomi are great and I hope we get to see more of Kyle parents Gary and Sharon in the future. If Georgia's leaving i'd rather she split from Kyle and departed alone rather than him go with her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant say i'd miss Georgia ive always found her quite dull and boring and she seems to get more screen time than any other character which is annoying. I hope Kyle doesn't go though I like him and love the Canning's as a family unit, Sheila and Naomi are great and I hope we get to see more of Kyle parents Gary and Sharon in the future. If Georgia's leaving i'd rather she split from Kyle and departed alone rather than him go with her.

Chris Milligan is still in the show.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan and Jackie were on the Australian chat show The Project and they showed the latest opening credits that clearly shows that two cast members have left: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B-4jjxMYwQ

I also read Saskia Hempele's Twitter and saw that she was in LA and I wouldn't be at all surprised if she's left. Mind you, I can't say I missed her as I've always found her to be rather bland and dull.

I read the Jason Herbison interview and would be delighted if Libby returned.

Thanks very much for the YT clip, I enjoyed watching it.
    Happy Anniversary Alan!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There might be others who will be give the chop too.
  • Options
    TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't make sense for Georgia and Kyle to split up, and I doubt if she would be killed off, so how on earth will they write her out in a realistic way?
  • Options
    mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could send her on a course and bring her back with a new head. It wouldn't be the first time someone has appeared as a new actor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »

It's been confirmed that she has left. That is four characters now so surely we will see some new regulars this year?