Options

A little decorum all around might be nice ...

_Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
Forum Member
I really hate the sorts of reactions you get on nights like these. Never is it a celebration of a great show, never is there any room for just saying what you liked reading what other people liked and maybe chatting and that been that ... nope, it has to get pathetic.

Who was standing where, who got what song, DID THAT JUDGE GIVE SOMEONE A FUNNY LOOK? etc etc.

Worse are the comments about other people's opinions, some of them are pretty vile.

Can't we just enjoy the final and see what happens without this stuff?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great post. I agree with every word.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    I agree. I also think it's hilarious that everyone is Jessie's biggest fan now that she didn't win, when she was being criticised widely when people thought she was "the chosen one". I wish we could open a "what if" window and see what the posts would be like if she'd been crowned. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Aleksis wrote: »
    I agree. I also think it's hilarious that everyone is Jessie's biggest fan now that she didn't win, when she was being criticised widely when people thought she was "the chosen one". I wish we could open a "what if" window and see what the posts would be like if she'd been crowned. :rolleyes:

I agree to an extent, but as I moved from the "not a Jessie fan" camp to the pro-Jessie camp tonight, the reason people have moved is because they were blown away by some tremendous performances. Still delighted for Jodie of course, she deserves it as well.

Of course, I agree, had Jessie won, this place would have exploded with ideas of a fix ;).

I will say, it would have been even worse if Sam had won, a thread about the fact Sam was able to stand in the middle of three on stage summed up everything lol.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nottsmd87 wrote: »
    I agree to an extent, but as I moved from the "not a Jessie fan" camp to the pro-Jessie camp tonight, the reason people have moved is because they were blown away by some tremendous performances. Still delighted for Jodie of course, she deserves it as well.

Uh, but Jessie has given fabulous performances in the past, yet people have still been highly critical of her.

It's funny, it's like after they've been kicked out, people on here snap out of their cynicism trance and think, "Actually, she was pretty good. I'd have quite enjoyed seeing her in a show."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uh, but Jessie has given fabulous performances in the past, yet people have still been highly critical of her.

It's funny, it's like after they've been kicked out, people on here snap out of their cynicism trance and think, "Actually, she was pretty good. I'd have quite enjoyed seeing her in a show."

I don't really agree with this. I liked Jessie's performances int he past- she was clearly very talented, but I wasn't completely blown away ever. I think as much as anything it was the sheer volume of amazing performances she pulled out tonight that changed people's opinions of her. I know it did for me. She was an absolute star, and I'd not thought that much before- she shone above the rest at every turn, and I think that is the reason people have sat up and took notice.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yeah, I think you've hit on something, but the problem for me with Jessie was her movement and her acting. She was a "punch you in the face" type performer in my eyes, and that hasn't worked for quite a few weeks. At the end of the show tonight though, she was Jessie to a factor of 100, it was just astonishing to watch, and she looked, like CM said, like she WAS Nancy, and just dominated a more restrained Jodie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ yeah they said it better than me :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't really agree with this. I liked Jessie's performances int he past- she was clearly very talented, but I wasn't completely blown away ever. I think as much as anything it was the sheer volume of amazing performances she pulled out tonight that changed people's opinions of her. I know it did for me. She was an absolute star, and I'd not thought that much before- she shone above the rest at every turn, and I think that is the reason people have sat up and took notice.

Still, it's apparently taken ten weeks to make a lot of people do that. She'd have - snort - "One Night Only" if she'd been cast straight from auditions. Surely if she's as much of a "star" as the converted are now claiming they would have realised this earlier...
  • Options
    stargirl 2stargirl 2 Posts: 2,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite simply the public got it wrong, the real "Nancy" lost.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stargirl 2 wrote: »
    Quite simply the public got it wrong, the real "Nancy" lost.

I thought she got kicked out in Nancy school. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still, it's apparently taken ten weeks to make a lot of people do that. She'd have - snort - "One Night Only" if she'd been cast straight from auditions. Surely if she's as much of a "star" as the converted are now claiming they would have realised this earlier...

I think anyone who listened to Jessie knew she was a star, but this is a show all about consistency and even more importantly for Jessie, progression. I hadn't seen much progression before tonight, but tonight she ruled the stage and looked comfortable out there. You forgot all the worries about her arm movements, all the worries about her posture and her acting, and it all came together to allow you to be blown away by her sheer power and emotion.

That's why I changed from Jessie is great, but has too much to learn, to wow, she lifted her game on the big night to an absolute high.
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you think this is bad then take a peak at the "Britain's got Talent" board.

Time to emigrate - not that I'm bitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^ once again, what they said :D

edit: I mean nottsmd87 :D
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member

Exactly what happened with Rachel .
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have no need to hide behind a cloak of what if, as I've consistently been a Jessie supporter since the first auditions.
  • Options
    stargirl 2stargirl 2 Posts: 2,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie will be fine she will be on the west end stage and will be amazing, shes still very young and can only get even better.

Tonight she was AWesome, me and my hubby were in tears with each of her performances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. People should not be triumphant. It's almost as bad a punching the air and shouting YES! when you hear you've got through to the next week....................
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    she didn't have consistency
  • Options
    nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stanlina wrote: »
    she didn't have consistency

Oh that word AGAIN................

It's nothing to do with being a star.

Judy Garland had as many disasters in her career as triumphs...so did Peter Sellers...quite a lot I can name.