Cyprus restaurant know-how

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My fiance and I are planning to get married at Nissi Beach Hotel next year. It will only be a small wedding (max 15) so we won't be using the hotel for our reception.

Can anybody recommend a good restaurant in the Nissi Bay area where we could eat following the ceremony?

We've also heard that it can be quite expensive to eat over there so if anybody knows of any good but inexpensive places we could use on other days that would be great. We could go half board but want to weigh up our options.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• chattamanukchattamanuk Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP of this recent thread may be good to contact
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1214067&highlight=nissi+bay
    If you scroll down, they stay in a hotel there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I did PM somebody from that thread who lives in Cyprus but I haven't heard back as yet.:(

There are probably some other forums I can try when I'm not at work!:o
  • chattamanukchattamanuk Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't give you any other advice I'm afraid, never been to Nissi Bay - just Paphos and Coral Bay areas.

We got married in Cyprus, so I know you'll have a great time, all the very best.

Edit: This may help a little? http://travel.ciao.co.uk/Ayia_Napa_Cyprus__Review_5407472
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    Try here: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/RestaurantSearch?geo=262055&pid=&q=Ayia+Napa%2C+Cyprus&cat=&src=

Tripadvisor is good - I found an amazing hotel in Ronda via the site. :)
  • fainéantfainéant Posts: 2,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tripadvisor also has forums that may be worth a try:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g262055-i9247-Ayia_Napa.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't really help I'm afraid, as all my restaurant knowledge is of Larnaca.

I think it does depend on what you are looking for as Nissi Bay is just down the road from Ayia Napa and it does literally cater for all sorts! If you want to eat somewhere more traditional then I would suggest getting hold of a Lonely Planet or Rough Guide, as these tend to have recommendations from people looking for more authentic food. Or perhaps ask the Cypriot staff if they know of any nice restaurants in the area?

You won't be spoiled for choice in Ayia Napa but I couldn't vouch for how nice many of the restaurants are. I do remember seeing this wonderful fish taverna but that was a few miles out of the way at Ayia Thekla, this was years ago and who knows if it is still there!

Good luck and I hope you find somewhere nice.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we ar returning to Nissi bay for the 3 rd year in a row this year but can't help with restaurants as we stay all inclusive !!!
    Just wanted to ask why you dont want to eat in the hotel? the hotel we stay in does alot of weddings and the few we have seen have all been small parties 10 - 20 guests but the hotel kinda section part of the restaurant or outside area off and it always looks lovely, just wondered if there was a reason u didn't want to eat in the hotel.... i'm sure they would make it special for you :)
    Ps the " cyprus in may thread was mine lol
  • jomapjomap Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Try this forum, I am sure there will be lots of people who can help you there

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=11
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to all who've replied. I'll have a look at the sites later.

We weren't sure whether the hotel would cater for such a small group of us to be honest - as I said, there will be 15 of us max, 13 if my brother can't raise the necessary funds! We just thought it might be nice to go out for a meal somewhere away from the hotel as that's where we'll be having breakfast etc.

Still planning at the moment so we may change our minds!

I did a bit of digging earlier and found a place called Romeo's Taverna in Protaras which looks lovely - now I need to find out how far away it is from the hotel!

I'll keep looking. Thanks again to all who have replied.
  • ErlangErlang Posts: 6,619
    Forum Member
    If you pay what seems too much in a Cyprus restaurant then you must be in a tourist trap area. The cost of living is a lot cheaper than the UK, unless you are in an artificial area like Ayia Napa etc.

I hope you find somewhere beautiful for your reception.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we ar returning to Nissi bay for the 3 rd year in a row this year but can't help with restaurants as we stay all inclusive !!!
    Just wanted to ask why you dont want to eat in the hotel? the hotel we stay in does alot of weddings and the few we have seen have all been small parties 10 - 20 guests but the hotel kinda section part of the restaurant or outside area off and it always looks lovely, just wondered if there was a reason u didn't want to eat in the hotel.... i'm sure they would make it special for you :)
    Ps the " cyprus in may thread was mine lol

Do you mind me asking where you stay?

We're looking to get married in May - too cold for you though!;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol May will be lovely - i'm just used to going in June July and my bug bare was that first 2 weeks in May was only 200 cheaper than in July !!!

We stay at the Dome Beach Hotel x we have watched a few weddings there over last 2 years and the staff always give then so much attention ...thats the bit i like !