Help with V+ hd? Please

LillyleiLillylei Posts: 382
Forum Member
Hi there

I just called Virgin and got upgraded to a v+ box, am i right in thinking they are all hd ones now?
If so will it still work ok on my non hd tv? eg will I be able to record things etc, Im aware that it wont be in hd quality but that doesnt bother me I just want the function of the v+ box?

We will get HD in the future but at present have a small child who we do not trust with a spanking new tv (crayons over the screen to make it more colourful lol)

ANyway
Many thanks in advance

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, all the functions will work as long as you connect the box up by SCART it will all work just fine.
  • LillyleiLillylei Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Someone is coming out to install it so I guess they will sort it for me etc?

Thanks for your response
    :0)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lillylei wrote: »
    Someone is coming out to install it so I guess they will sort it for me etc?

Thanks for your response
    :0)

Yeah, just explain to them that your TV hasn't got a HD connection and they will do it via SCART for you. Although, they should notice this anyway.
  • huwbhuwb Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    only issue is, if you put on a HD channel then an annoying box comes up saying that you are watching a HD channel and not using the correct connections, but you can click ok and that then goes away and you can continue watching.

If you record a HD channel it will still record in HD, though the playback will be in normal mode on your TV. I believe you can watch the recording though have never tried it to be honest

I don't have a HD tv yet, though I have never had an issue with my V+ box
  • LillyleiLillylei Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Thats awesome, thanks I dont i will be bothered by the hd channels anyway as they are generally showing stuff that is on standard channels anyway

HD tv looks weird to me, when I do succumb to a new tv it will take me a while to get used to it :)