Options

Tess & Claude

2»

Comments

• Options
    Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did very well, the show ran much more smoothly without the inane presence of Fforsyth.

That brief reprise of him at the beginning, (not brief enough), reminded us of how self-obsessed and how shambolic he was.

The girls were the welcome breath of fresh air that SCD needed.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    I know it wasn't live and there might have been a bit of editing but I think they worked well together. It was appropriate to have Brucie at the beginning as kind of 'hand over' and it didn't last too long lol
    I lasted about 45 seconds of him before I couldn't stand it any longer and hit the mute button. I could see by the body language and gestures that he was coming out with the same old corny unfunny drivel.

Once he'd gone, I thought it was great. The two girls did a fantastic job sharing the pairings, and Claudia is so relaxed and natural - must be a relief for Tess knowing she now has someone funny, who won't fluff or forget so she can now also be herself.
  • Options
    ladydancer1ladydancer1 Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Tess and Claudia were smashing. They kept the banter going and the whole show had a lovely lighthearted relaxed feeling about it.
    I'm looking forward to seeing how they all do, at least I know most of the celebs.:)
  • Options
    mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they were marvelous, I thoroughly enjoyed their first show and thought they did a great job.
  • Options
    pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely professional. rhythm to the show which had been moving towards chaotic in earlier series
  • Options
    PinkDiamondPinkDiamond Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved them as a presenting pair, great stuff!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they were great, I think Tess suits the front of house role more with keeping to time, controlling the judges and contestents, making it about the contestants not the host.

Claudia out back can keep it fresh, funny and off the cuff.

I'm expecting good things
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one relieved that Brucie's finally hung up his tap shoes. I still fast-forwarded through the presenter bits - life's too short to take in the industrial quantities of drivel the producers require them to dish out. But at least Tess and Claude are largely cringe-free.

I took to Claudia a lot more after seeing her on the Sewing Bee. She's a smart cookie without being condescending - a tricky balance but she does it in style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were going to be a bit wittery and silly but I really liked them. Tess is much better downstairs and comes across more mature without Bruce. I like her solo presenting style and Claudia is very funny with the dancers. I do think though, that long dresses don't suit her really, I think she is quite petite and she looks Iike she's been through her mums wardrobe.
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd forgotten till Bruce did his little bit at the start of the show how awful it was having to listen to his depressing jokes about being old, past it and nearly dead. :(
  • Options
    Oicho ThrowOicho Throw Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just glad that I no longer have to watch the Hand of Forsyth working its skeletal way up the Thigh of Daley as the serieseses progress. I was honestly starting to worry that it was going to go beyond "show-opening pose" and into "impromptu medical exam".
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just glad that I no longer have to watch the Hand of Forsyth working its skeletal way up the Thigh of Daley as the serieseses progress. I was honestly starting to worry that it was going to go beyond "show-opening pose" and into "impromptu medical exam".

Yes - it was pretty grim. I honestly did feel bad for Tess having to co-operate