Options

Stars In Their Eyes

Comments

• Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His name is Gary Gibson and at the time he was one of the best Lennon impersonators out there. Not seen him for years. He's probably retired by now

As long as he didn't get shot dead at age forty!
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it on catch up.
    I sat opened mouth throughout. (Bit like a scene from The Producers)
    It was just bloody awful. Terrible. Dire.
    It seems ITV were desperate to keep harry from defecting to bbc or ch4 they let him have free reign.
    They should have let him buggeroff
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just, briefly, gone through 450+ comments on here and there isnt a good one at all :D

Luckily I had it on record so saw it in about 10 minutes. Every time the ""funny sketches"" came on I fast forwarded it!! Dreadful!! :o
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This needs a voice over at the end

"...and next week Stars In Their Eyes is on at the slightly later time of 3.30am"
  • Options
    loracanloracan Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it'd been a 'satire', a 'parody' or remotely funny it might have worked. It had none of those, I'm not quite sure what it was aiming for.
  • Options
    SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    I've just, briefly, gone through 450+ comments on here and there isnt a good one at all :D

Luckily I had it on record so saw it in about 10 minutes. Every time the ""funny sketches"" came on I fast forwarded it!! Dreadful!! :o

To be fair, that's called selective reading, because while there are very few positive comments, there are some... confusingly!
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The weird thing is Hill must be a draw in some focus groups, why else would ITV be sticking his name on the front of shows.

His style of comedy is just so dated and really not a match for this kind of a show. They could have found a humorous presenter who didn't make the whole thing about them.
  • Options
    ErinnaErinna Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valene1 wrote: »
    Christina Aguilera is only about 5ft 2 and petite, this lady is the opposite and doesn't come close to being a lookalikey, her voice too could belong to any cabaret singer's.

For sheer devilment I wanted her to sing Dirrty! She would have been a picture in leather chaps and bikini! :o
    Erinna wrote: »

Oh come on Telegraph. it was appalling. :o
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this on catch up
    O M G

I felt embarrassed for all involved

Utterly cringeworthy unfunny tripe

Never thought if ever say this ... But

Bring back Matthew Kelly!
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did they do............ just tried to watch this. Sad thing is, is that this will get slated and probably axed.

Whoever is responsible for this, should be fired. Dreadful.
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Collie, fair enough his Stars In Their Eyes was a bit of a disaster, but 'he ruined You've Been Framed'? You must be joking. He saved that show. Remember when Jonathon Wilkes and Lisa Riley were presenting it? It was turgid rubbish.

Yes it was rubbish but all Harry Hill does is to pretend it's celebrities in the clips and it's really tiring.
  • Options
    DebDynamiteDebDynamite Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    It didn't look too promising when the best clip they could have used when promoting the show on This Morning was the one of Harry having a bread fight. Hilarious 😏

I really cannot believe how ITV have sunk with this one. From the cheap set, to giving the contestants a giant joke pencil at the end...it actually made a feel a bit sad watching it. Awful television.

The only good thing about it was reading this thread!
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't look too promising when the best clip they could have used when promoting the show on This Morning was the one of Harry having a bread fight. Hilarious 😏

I really cannot believe how ITV have sunk with this one. From the cheap set, to giving the contestants a giant joke pencil at the end...it actually made a feel a bit sad watching it. Awful television.

That should be used to let the producers of rubbish shows down easily. "The bad news is you've been axed but the good news is the DS thread was hilarious" :D
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was one of the worst skits on the show as well, what a dreadful one to "promote" it with.
  • Options
    Ivor FannyIvor Fanny Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was 50 mins The Harry Hill Show and 10 mins Stars in their Eyes >:(
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eye3 wrote: »
    I watched it on catch up.
    I sat opened mouth throughout. (Bit like a scene from The Producers)
    It was just bloody awful. Terrible. Dire.
    It seems ITV were desperate to keep harry from defecting to bbc or ch4 they let him have free reign.
    They should have let him buggeroff

I agree.
    Cant help shake the feeling they hope give him enough time he will bring back TV Burp so they can have the perfect Evening again Burp then Xfactor.
    he said again last week on This Morning he wont do anymore TV burp
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing will ever beat Bob Mortimer doing George Michael.

I think this along with Telly Addicts were 2 of R&M's finest moments.
    Caught up with Stars in Their Eyes after watching an hour of the Voice.( Really only an hour.)
    Can only agree with most of the comments on here. Taking the spoof route made most of the contestants appear as if they have just come from a home.
    It made me not care about them or the result.
    Used to like Harry Hill's CH4 program, but at least that knew what it was supposed to be.
  • Options
    greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand Harry Hill, is this the competition for The Voice? Don't think it's much competition, though I expect some people will like it. Rubbish tv at its worst. ITV should be ashamed of its self, once apon a time they used to bring great programmes, how they have fallen.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,103
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »

I just watched it on catch up. Also found the sketches awful and kept fast forwarding. I actually didn't get any further than the second act and gave up there and then. Absolute rubbish. I won't bother with it again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

About as refreshing as having a herbal enema
    im bloody sure some of these TV reviewers just write stuff like this so they aren't seen as being a sheep with the General feeling.
  • Options
    Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    Tonight Harry I wish you Matthew...
    ITV need to dump this shite now.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Harry Hill is well known to have mates in the media. This must be one of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    StarsInTheirEyes - 3.68m/16.5%
    This is going to be a show that keeps dropping. ITV need to wakeup and just stick this on as early on Saturday as possible
  • Options
    kelvokelvo Posts: 3,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    StarsInTheirEyes - 3.68m/16.5%
    This is going to be a show that keeps dropping. ITV need to wakeup and just stick this on as early on Saturday as possible

Try the slot between about 06:00 - 08:30 weekdays vice GMB... although I think GMB would still get a better audience that this pile of shite...

Leslie Crowther must be turning in his grave... even Cat Deeley made it an enjoyable show.

...and to think they canned Splash! :o