Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but who's Kirsten Wareing?

If only there was some sort of clever search device where this sort of information could be retrieved at the push of a button... :cool:
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    Spoke to a cameraman yesterday who's worked with a lot of "stars" and he said by far the nicest was Victoria Beckham who was kind, very funny and remembered his children's names when they met again six months later. The worst, apparently, was Peter Kay who was very precious and egotistical.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'd only have so much time for signing things. If he signed stuff from Phantom as well as for Wizard of Oz, it would raise the time he had to spend per person, and some people at the back of the queue could miss out as a result.

Not really. It was 1 signature per person and 1 photograph. Signing Phantom memrobelia wouldn't have taken any longer. Apparently this wasn't the first time he'd refuse to even acknowledge his role in Phantom either; there were several reports of him being difficult in that regard via theatre forums.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If only there was some sort of clever search device where this sort of information could be retrieved at the push of a button... :cool:

To be honest, I can't be a**ed !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Taylor (Duran Duran)- was nice but looked very very gaunt and old. Totally different to how he appears in pictures.
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jarvis Cocker a lovely man spoke to us all and let all of us have a picture taken with him a nice guy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel C a beautiful lady x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noel Gallager a knob
  • The LizardThe Lizard Posts: 2,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoke to a cameraman yesterday who's worked with a lot of "stars" and he said by far the nicest was Victoria Beckham who was kind, very funny and remembered his children's names when they met again six months later. The worst, apparently, was Peter Kay who was very precious and egotistical.

I have never met the man, but have heard plenty of not so nice stories about him, also reading a few on this thread, plus the "Which Celebrities are Vile" thread as well.

Somehow, I don't think every tale is fabricated.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Kaye is a total prick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that anyone who has ever met Victoria Beckham would agree what a lovely person she is. Shame she gets so much negative press simply because she doesn't smile in photos.
  • Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Husband met Jimmy Saville in late 70s when he presented prizes at end of school awards. He chose the prettiest girl to sit on his lap while he presented the prizes. Hubby always said he was a dirty old man and total lech years before it came out. Kind of shows the different mentality then as none of the teachers at a very good private school batted an eyelid or stepped in to stop Saville from doing what he did.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but who's Kirsten Wareing?

Don't worry, Kirsten is no A-lister whose name you should recognise. She plays Kirsty Branning in Eastenders.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Don't worry, Kirsten is no A-lister whose name you should recognise. She plays Kirsty Branning in Eastenders.

I think I know who you mean.

I only watch EE once in a blue moon these days.

Don't even follow Corrie properly either.

The only soap I mainly watch now is Emmerdale.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny_Girl wrote: »
    Husband met Jimmy Saville in late 70s when he presented prizes at end of school awards. He chose the prettiest girl to sit on his lap while he presented the prizes. Hubby always said he was a dirty old man and total lech years before it came out. Kind of shows the different mentality then as none of the teachers at a very good private school batted an eyelid or stepped in to stop Saville from doing what he did.

Was this primary or secondary school!?
  • Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was this primary or secondary school!?

Secondary school so girls would been 15/16.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met someone who had worked as an assistant on a film with Jennifer Aniston. She said JA was lovely, very friendly and she and Brad (this was when they were together) bought the assistant a gorgeous ring at the end of the shoot, to say thanks for all her hard work.
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    jioscar wrote: »
    Mel C a beautiful lady x
    jioscar wrote: »
    Noel Gallager a knob
    CRM wrote: »
    Peter Kaye is a total prick.

any anecdotes to share with us?
    SuperAPJ wrote: »

shes been in a couple of films, brit gangster ones but no, she doesnt merit the security or the ego- and i quite like her as well
  • PosyPosy Posts: 1,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm reminded of the hidden camera segment of one of Noel Edmond's shows where a celebrity was set up in a so calked "hilarious" situation and their reaction filmed. There must have been ones which the "celebrity" wouldn't let be broadcast because it showed them in their true light rather than the image they liked to portray in the media.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not strictly a celeb but a now happily dead labour first minister Donald Dewar was in the same bar as we were back in 1998, utterly vile obnoxious creep who pestered a girl in our group practically all night, even a firm but polite FO did not put the vile creep off his mission to make the object of his obsession as uncomfortable as possible.

It was also alleged that he had a habit of touching up females and is believed to have tried to do a Gillingham (Downton fans will know what I mean by this reference) on one.
  • SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to work with an old air stewardess who said the nicest celeb she had ever met was Victoria Beckham. The boys with with her and they were apparently the politest children she'd ever had to deal with too. She also said Scarlett Johannson was lovely and went into the cabin crew's own room for a chat for a couple of hours, she also signed autographs for anyone who asked.

Apparently David Furnish was quite hard work but she didn't elaborate any further so not sure how bad he was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    One bad, one good.

I had always assumed Craig Revel Horwood's Mr Nasty image was put on for the cameras and that in real life he would be a pussy cat. Wrong. Met him at the weekend at a public event where he was the star guest. You'd imagine therefore that he'd be on his best behaviour. He was at times, and especially on stage where he gave a positive performance. But off stage was a different story, with me anyway.

I approached him as a result of my job and tried to break the ice in a friendly way by making a light hearted comment asking how he be in two places at the same time as the Strictly results show was on air at the time. His response was so rude and off hand I was quite taken aback, as he informed me abruptly that no one pretended it was live and everyone knew it was recorded on Saturday nights. Despite my best attempts to engage him politely his negativity continued so I gave up and moved onto others instead.

Former Eastenders actress Anita Dobson was a breath of fresh air. Charming, friendly, smiley with everyone including me.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One bad, one good.

I approached him as a result of my job and tried to break the ice in a friendly way by making a light hearted comment asking how he be in two places at the same time as the Strictly results show was on air at the time. His response was so rude and off hand I was quite taken aback, as he informed me abruptly that no one pretended it was live and everyone knew it was recorded on Saturday nights. Despite my best attempts to engage him politely his negativity continued so I gave up and moved onto others instead.

The press have brought it up more than once and you're probably not the first person to have mentioned it to him, he's probably a bit touchy about the subject.
  • dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not strictly a celeb but a now happily dead labour first minister Donald Dewar was in the same bar as we were back in 1998, utterly vile obnoxious creep who pestered a girl in our group practically all night, even a firm but polite FO did not put the vile creep off his mission to make the object of his obsession as uncomfortable as possible.

It was also alleged that he had a habit of touching up females and is believed to have tried to do a Gillingham (Downton fans will know what I mean by this reference) on one.

I had heard he was a horrible man too but didn't know why people would say that about him. Now I know!
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee-rec wrote: »
    I had heard he was a horrible man too but didn't know why people would say that about him. Now I know!

I dont know if its true but apparently his preferences went both ways and he was spotted cottaging on the heath early 80's along with a still alive unfortunately ex MP.

Vile man who also visited the infamous Elm guest house i'm told.