Options

Humax 9200t and my Canon Ixus

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
Hi
Hoping to buy a PVR this week, and unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm hoping to pick up a Humax 9200T (was thinking of an Aldi Tevion, but am worried about unreliability).
An advantage of the Humax is the USB, which I hope to use to view photos. I have a Canon Ixus 40. My plan is:
download photos and video clips from camera to computer, convert files if needed, pop them on my USB stick, suck them onto the Humax and view them at my leisure.

Questions: 1) is my above logic ok?
2) Can I somehow hook up the camera to transfer directly to the pvr (doubt it due to software issues)?
3) Hoping to buy from CW Digital (£188 delivered)...anyone got any other suggestions/discounts?

Thanks
Dave

Comments

• Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Why do you need to view photos on the humax when most digital cameras come with all you need to connect the camera to the tv to view your photos..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    You will need to use the Humax eLinker software to get the files from your computer to your Humax your usb stick idea will have the same issues as connecting your camera directly to the Humax. The software is not that reliable and also means having computer and Humax within usb cable range. I appear to be lucky and successfully transfer over a 14m cable using usb booster cables. You will find many threads teling you about eLinker.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    The Humax is a very good PVR but its display of jpeg files is disappointing - they're slow to display and the pictures are not well scaled to the screen size giving a blocky appearance. I found it better to put the pictures on a CD or DVD and use our DVD player.

I'm not aware that the PVR can display movie clips from the picture folder.

Horses for courses.