Options

Katie through....suspicious?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People that are constantly giving her grief are keeping her in the limelight and because she is being talked about so much it gives the X factor and her more popularity! Every year people seem to like somebody to hate and this year it is Katie and Cher, just because they are in Cheryls group and she has won two years on the trot. Thank goodness it is a vote to stay and not a vote to get rid of!

Note, Cheryl is the only mentor to have all her 4 left!

The bolded bit confuses me. I don't hate Cher as a person. I hate the fact she's getting over praised for being a terrible singer and she's only average at rapping. She's not even being treated like a joke act like Wagner is; they're acting like she's God's gift and she's pretty dreadful.

Katie on the other hand I took a dislike to her personality but I can at least acknowledge that she can sing when she's given songs her voice is suited for and she's uses the brains she has to remember the lyrics. But overall she's nothing special and should leave pretty early.

I don't dislike Cheryl I quite like her but her choices this year have been terrible and I don't like her ramming Cher down everyone's throats that’s nothing to do with how many times she's won. It’s about the contestants and who deserves to win, who is mentoring them shouldn't even matter. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shes here to stay wether we like it or not. frankly i dont but what can you do.
  • Options
    itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    That is total nonsense, even Louis said that Katie deserved to stay and that she was a great girl! He also said last night that he was so glad that he kept her in last week! Louis was also praising how great Rebecca is tonight as well. So how do you explain that Louis and Dannii knows that Cheryl gets what she wants.

If you were to open your eyes and stopped being so negative and blinkered towards Cheryl you would realise that she is a good judge, nothing is fixed and all is above board and that Cheryl has won two years on the trot because she has empathy and knows where her contestants are coming from because she has been there and done it all herself! You are forgetting that she started out just the same as all of these contestants and this is why she gets so emotional.

Time to give Cheryl and Katie a break, dont you think?
    Cheryl doesnt know a thing about music, if she did then she would be giving them contructive comments instead of "your a little popstar" or "im get goosebumps" she cant tell them technical points or what they are doing wrong becasue she doesnt know anything more than autotune for her own performances ;)
    If she wasnt so good looking would she even be a judge on x factor? No
    Window dressing was a term once said if i remember correctly by the politician caroline flint and thats exactly what cheryl is...window dressing and nothing more
    Her career has been built on being in a band who i dont think ive ever heared sound good live when i have seen them on tv not once, as for cheryl she cant sing and needs the aid of all digitizers/autotune etc to even pass as an artist
    As for katie, she was poor in auditions, poor in judges house even forgetting words to songs, she was poor when she sang queen and the beatles songs once again forgetting lyrics to the beatles track, she and cheryl have the nerve to say the only reason people dislike her is due to media hype etc, when the plain facts are she hasnt been very good at all
    All the gamu stuff has now passed, but it doesnt disguise that both gamu and the other young girl with the big hair i cant remember her name just now, they were both better singers than katie.
    But as has been proved katie has links to simons company in the past, she also had a recording contract in the states
    etc, she likes to portray herself as someone wanting this all her life and she is so genuine, but then keeps telling us we are not seeing the real katie so which katie are we watching or have been watching for the past god knows how many weeks?
    Is it the stuck up arrogant one from the opening weeks, the frail girl in papers ready for a breakdown, or the one we saw yesterday?
    Answers on a postard because i havent a clue, and I dont think she knows who the real katie is herself, perhaps its all the childrens personas she played thats confusing her. ;)
    Who knows who will turn upnext week calling themselves the REAL katie ehhh?
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope.

She got the rebound vote like Rachel did in Week 3 (and getting the highest % out of all of them) after being in the bottom 2 in weeks 1. 2 and eliminated in Week 4.
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very very sus about crescent moon chin going through......I think the x factor is rigging it for the monster.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not suspicious at all. she got the rebound vote and she also gave a pretty decent performance.

this katie hate is getting really boring :rolleyes:
  • Options
    itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    ohhh dear she isnt getting a good press tommorrow then apparently :eek:
    damning stories about her tommorrow
    Guess they had enough of the katie sob stories then ;)
  • Options
    kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Dont like her.Hope she is out next week.
  • Options
    Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the phone vote is a fix, but I do think that at this point the difference between third and fourth from the bottom would only take a handful of votes. Yes, Katie and Cher are awful and have to go, but it's no surprise that Storm was out this week if you base it on performance over the last two weeks. I do think he's better than Weasel and Chair by a country mile technically, but there is no controversy apart from him coming accross as desparate and an odd choice for Loius to make. Belle Amie are no surprise either as they are totally forgettable, without controversy and totally mediocre. They are ALSO technically better than the two biffa acts mentioned above, but without the headlines and stirring up enough controversy at this stage of the competition it's likely that mediocre and non-controversial acts will go out.

Hopefully when the votes are spaced a bit more evenly we will see the ones without talent shaken out of the bottom of the pile, and they will be gone soon enough. Besides, Simon probably wants them to stay in a few more weeks for the headlines alone! Remember that he saved Jedward last year for that reason. he would have known the result of the phone vote before taking it to deadlock. But I don't think Simon wants them to actually win as they do need SOME talent in order to sell records to the GBP, and as they have bone even he knows they shouldn't win for that reason. Jedward at least have the talent of being amusing and lovable even if they can't sing - these wasters don't and are thoroughly unmarketable. At this stage it's all about controversy though.
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    I don't like her that much, but she was infinitely better than some of the other acts, so she deserved to go through.

There are a lot of people who do vote based on performance, not on personality.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is still not liked by a huge majority of people watching the show chatting on forums etc, yet all of a sudden she gets this large support out of the blue.
    Suspicious ? you bet it is
    Cheryls phone bill probably took a huge battering, because lets face it how on earth else could she get sufficient votes.
    The acting up was ramped up 2 or 3 gears tonight
    And whats this from cheryl tonight? "katie hasnt moaned she has just got on with it" ok cheryl why the articles about her saying she felt the public hated her, the papers were fuelling a wrong impression of how she really is, the sob stories in thursdays and fridays papers?How about commenting on that cheryl?
    The fact is katie doesnt help herself, she comes accross like an actress, she keeps saying NOW your seeing the real me blah blah blah, so which version of your many characters were we seeing then katie?
    She cant sing, she murders classic songs and then gets cheryl purring about an ordinary performance and then cheryl`s lapdog simon cowell agreeing with everything his fumble buddy is saying

WOW! What a load of bull hooks! So I am guessing, and this is JUST a hunch, that you dont like her that much! Am I right? Am I right? Right Right Right!!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ageappropriateageappropriate Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Cream rises to the top

As does scum. :D
  • Options
    marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is brilliant and one of my favourite who i cant wait to see each week. Shes something different.
  • Options
    chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She obviously performed better this week, but lets be fair it was hard not to really, my main gripe is she should not be there after week one, Louis slated her & then after Simon probably threatened him with the sack he voted for her to stay in.
    Simon knows who he wants in his last six & Katie is one of them.
    Simon may not always get the winner he wants every time but he can make sure he can weed out the ones he wants off early hense Storm singing first, something Katie wont be doing anytime in the next couple of weeks :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Let it all out . LOL
    Katie is slowly going up .Cream rises to the top

like sewage?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knew she was gonna survive this week.. also, it was all about her on Saturday.. she did perform better but clearly hasn't won new fans..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    This thread is beyond a joke. Katie went through because she gave a good singing performance and was no where near the worst act. The public have the sense to put through the right people, especially those that can sing. Personally I think she has got a great voice and is really fit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    like sewage?
    you mean the chin is going up:D
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unifix wrote: »
    This thread is beyond a joke. Katie went through because she gave a good singing performance and was no where near the worst act. The public have the sense to put through the right people, especially those that can sing. Personally I think she has got a great voice and is really fit.

well you cant fault katie for not going out this week i she must have done soemthing right had it been the public deciding last week she would have been out though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well you cant fault katie for not going out this week i she must have done soemthing right had it been the public deciding last week she would have been out though.
    Yeah, she ate Simon's poo and got him to rig the votes/.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    She is still not liked by a huge majority of people watching the show chatting on forums etc, yet all of a sudden she gets this large support out of the blue.
    Suspicious ? you bet it is
    Cheryls phone bill probably took a huge battering, because lets face it how on earth else could she get sufficient votes.
    The acting up was ramped up 2 or 3 gears tonight
    And whats this from cheryl tonight? "katie hasnt moaned she has just got on with it" ok cheryl why the articles about her saying she felt the public hated her, the papers were fuelling a wrong impression of how she really is, the sob stories in thursdays and fridays papers?How about commenting on that cheryl?
    The fact is katie doesnt help herself, she comes accross like an actress, she keeps saying NOW your seeing the real me blah blah blah, so which version of your many characters were we seeing then katie?
    She cant sing, she murders classic songs and then gets cheryl purring about an ordinary performance and then cheryl`s lapdog simon cowell agreeing with everything his fumble buddy is saying

Utter rubbish, after Saturdays show, more people commenting on DS had katie in the top half, or even top three of perfomances than in the bottom three, so even on here, many people were 'won around' enough to give her another chance - and clearly she can sing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Glad she got through. She has got a great voice, she is really compelling to watch and I really like her.

I voted several times!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    saying katie is better than leona though is ludicrous
    Its like the person last week saying joe mcelderry is a better performer than usher :p im still laughing at that

They actually stated that Joe gave a better performance than Usher which most would agree with.
  • Options
    ramblasramblas Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let it all out . LOL
    Katie is slowly going up .Cream rises to the top

Goes off pretty quick aswell;)
  • Options
    chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is total nonsense, even Louis said that Katie deserved to stay and that she was a great girl! He also said last night that he was so glad that he kept her in last week!

Tell me you do not seriously think Simon did not tell Louis how to vote on week 1
    I have no axe to grind with Katie but you really have to be deluded to think Simon had no output at the end of week 1 as to who went through.