Options

Do you feel a bit robbed the winning reaction wasn't real?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    I can't believe we get this same thread after every series and each year there are more posters to whom this is apparently breaking news. Are there really people out there who still don't know that the boardroom is a studio set, that the receptionist is an actress, that the filming was done months ago, that the walk to the taxi scenes are all shot in advance and that they film two you're hireds and that the finalists work for Sugar until the decision is made?

Where have these people been for the last six years?

Wish I had never visited these forums, ignorance is bliss :D
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    This has probably been asked many times before, but if Lord Sugar doesn't make his final decision until just before the day of transmission then when is You're Hired filmed? Is it live?

It isn't filmed live, it is filmed on a Monday, presumably the Monday before transmission.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Jepson wrote: »
    It's just the walk out of the building and to the taxi that is pre filmed.

The reason being that that is actually Sugar's Brentwood HQ but the boardroom used for filming is a fake, miles away.

That's why they are always wrapped up as if it's the coldest night of the year - so that there are no (or minimal) continuity gaffes with clothing.

Apparently they cocked this up in the first series - hence the subterfuge.

Not any more its not. The Brentwood Amstrad HQ is now a Premier Travel Inn:

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/BREBAR/brentwood?P36=SMPGX9&PURL=weekendbookings.at/biblion2&DCMP=AFc09
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has probably been asked many times before, but if Lord Sugar doesn't make his final decision until just before the day of transmission then when is You're Hired filmed? Is it live?

Your Fired and your Hired are filmed a few days before the transmission.

The contestants basically talk about events on the show like they have just happened, but in reality shit loads of time has actually passed since then.

Your Hired was filmed on the Thursday before the final was broadcast this year. :)
  • Options
    JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not any more its not. The Brentwood Amstrad HQ is now a Premier Travel Inn:

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/BREBAR/brentwood?P36=SMPGX9&PURL=weekendbookings.at/biblion2&DCMP=AFc09

Why do you think that was his HQ?

You may well be right but all you've done is post a link to a hotel. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    These days the taxi rides are filmed from the Viglen office building as the Brentwood Amstrad building is a hotel now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Excuse my ignorance but I have watched the Apprentice for years but dont read tabloids and have never read this forum. My point is, and some of you may already have said this, is that I noticed for the final task there were leaves on the trees and from what I knew filming ended in Dec 09, so did they film Chris and Stella doing the last task in the Autumn this year and not just before Christmas last year when you would have expected to see bare trees and Christmas paraphenalia around?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it's all wrapped up before December. Probably Late September to November. And I've still got leaves coming down now,

Stella, Chris and the helpers looked exactly the same in the final task so there's no way a year passed between episodes 1-11 and 12.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Jepson wrote: »
    Why do you think that was his HQ?

You may well be right but all you've done is post a link to a hotel. :confused:

Coz I used to live near the bulding, its by Brentwood station. If you look at the pics of outside the hotel front you'll recognise the exit and the steps they used to walk down to get into the cab in the earlier series'.
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't they make the final ending live ? :confused:

Surely that'd be the best thing ? - I'm sure that's what Donald Trump does in his version.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

I think your fired is filmed around 3 days before, because a freind of mine went to see it filmed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the final decision is filmed a couple of days before transmission, it's amazing that the candidates haven't changed (their hair etc...).

Actually, thinking about it, I don't buy it. Take Karren as an example; recently on YBF, she'd lost a lot of weight and looked very different to on the actual Apprentice, so no, the final is not filmed a few days in advance; in fact, I'd say it was shot about 6 months ago.
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People aren't talking about the final - that's filmed at the end of the main Apprentice shoot. In this year's case it was autumn 2009. Two boardroom scenes are filmed at that time with both finalists being told they've won. They then work for Lord Sugar from the end of the filming until the You're Hired programme.

The final decision on who wins (or at least the announcement of the decision by Sugar) is made a few days before the recording of the You're Hired programme, which is three days or so before transmission.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People aren't talking about the final - that's filmed at the end of the main Apprentice shoot. In this year's case it was autumn 2009. Two boardroom scenes are filmed at that time with both finalists being told they've won. They then work for Lord Sugar from the end of the filming until the You're Hired programme.

The final decision on who wins (or at least the announcement of the decision by Sugar) is made a few days before the recording of the You're Hired programme, which is three days or so before transmission.

So are you saying when we saw Chris and Stella waiting for that final decision by LAS, that was done a couple of days before YBF was shown ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No. Lord Sugar deciding for real is not the same as what you see in the boardroom. That's faked as both endings are filmed. The final decision is made six months (in this case a year) later just before filming of YBF.
  • Options
    Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    So are you saying when we saw Chris and Stella waiting for that final decision by LAS, that was done a couple of days before YBF was shown ?

No I'm not saying that. The waiting scenes would be shot at the same time as the boardroom scenes. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know, I know that productionwise it's the only way that makes logistical sense, but I have a really hard time believing that Stella's reaction was fake. She must be a fantastic actor.

Wonder if maybe he chooses them as shot, but employs the both of 'em for a bit just to keep it from leaking? The "filmed both endings" would prevent anybody from being nosey and asking questions - if the information "doesn't exist yet" (wink wink) nobody would go around asking the finalists whether they won or not.

I dunno. Only other way that makes sense, and I think it's less of a punt than "the most competent two candidates also turn out to coincidentally be brilliant actors."

Course, the other only other way that makes sense is the gift of TV editing. She could've been getting all croaky about something completely different, but splicing into the scene where she accepts the job tells the story they want. Think there's typically two hours of boardroom footage or something, isn't there? I'm sure it's fairly tense for both finalists, plenty of opportunities to catch the buggers looking a bit doe-eyed, entering and leaving the room. Maybe Lord Sugar hams it right up - sends them in and out of the boardroom twenty times over, giving them different things to worry about each time?