Do you look young for your age?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Did you say to them Oh Hell No! :p

Well, after he so kindly guessed my age, he tried chatting me up all night and dragged me to dance (I can't dance without looking like a octopus having a fit, so wasn't too keen), then started to grab my bum even though he knew I have a boyfriend.

So after having the cheek to try it on with me after insulting me...well, it was then that I said, "Ohhh Helllll Nooooo"! (well, it wasn't exactly that phrase, but let's pretend it was).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Do you use drugs/sunbed a lot?

Neither :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it so hard to carry id with you at all times? I manage it. And on the odd occasion where I don't have it with me, if the cashier doesn't want to serve me, I just accept it without throwing a tantrum.

Perhaps the bird in the shop didn't remember she'd seen your id the week before. Or maybe it's the store policy to ask for id EVERY time.

Maybe because I change my bags all the time?:confused: Furthermore, I don't have any other ID but my passport, and feel that it's too risky to carry with me all the time.

Regardless I have every right to get pissed off and angry at being asked for ID when I'm almost 10 years older and a store regular for the past 7 years.
  • ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when i was 15/16 i looked early 20s now im nearer 50 im told i could pass for very late 30s

if i shave and keep my hair very very cropped to hide the grey..lol
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LDN wrote: »
    Maybe because I change my bags all the time?:confused: Furthermore, I don't have any other ID but my passport, and feel that it's too risky to carry with me all the time.

Regardless I have every right to get pissed off and angry at being asked for ID when I'm almost 10 years older and a store regular for the past 7 years.

Oh, I see. Maybe they just don't like you then :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, I see. Maybe they just don't like you then :)

:D you might be onto something there! Can't see why though with the amount of money I spend in that shop - it's ridiculous:eek:
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Wonder how many times a year, you get mistaken for a student!

"What are YOU doing in the staff room?" "Have your parents been told your hair is too red?" "Where's your name badge?" "Come back with a teacher's signature."

*facepalm*
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    At a country fair recently myself, my brother and my friend had a laugh by having a go with the guy who guesses your age.

My brother is 61 and he guessed 50.
    I am 48 and he guessed 37.
    My friend is 48 and he guessed 47.

She was well pissed off for the rest of the day :eek:

My brother and I come from a good gene pool.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    At a country fair recently myself, my brother and my friend had a laugh by having a go with the guy who guesses your age.

My brother is 61 and he guessed 50.
    I am 48 and he guessed 37.
    My friend is 48 and he guessed 47.

She was well pissed off for the rest of the day :eek:

My brother and I come from a good gene pool.

Haha that's quite funny:D

I think I can only remember only a handful occasions when someone actually guessed my age correctly. Made me :)

Not been told I was older often either!
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shady123 wrote: »
    Tis alright being told you look younger when you're older but for teens it's a great complimen being told you look 21 years old when you're really only 17 :D my round is it? :p
    When I was eighteen I was out with two friends who were 17 and 16. Going into the nightclub both of them walked in ahead of me with no problems and I was pulled over for ID by the bouncers. My 18 year old self was so indignant at not being treated like an adult I wanted to scream at them "you've just let two underage people in you morons and you are asking me, ME WHO IS NOW AN ADULT for Id" but I thought that might be cutting off my nose to spite my face so I smiled, presented my id and said nothing.

I agree that it's a great compliament for teens to be told they look older but to be told you look younger is annoying. Now that I'm older, I would love to be asked for id!
    Well, after he so kindly guessed my age, he tried chatting me up all night and dragged me to dance (I can't dance without looking like a octopus having a fit, so wasn't too keen), then started to grab my bum even though he knew I have a boyfriend.

So after having the cheek to try it on with me after insulting me...well, it was then that I said, "Ohhh Helllll Nooooo"! (well, it wasn't exactly that phrase, but let's pretend it was).
    Good for you. That guy sounds like a grade a A$$hole :D
    Forum Member
    Haha that's quite funny:D

I think I can only remember only a handful occasions when someone actually guessed my age correctly. Made me :)

Not been told I was older often either!

Clock end at Highbury by any chance ?

What made it worse that day was the fact my friend uses all sorts of highly priced lotions ..... I just use bog standard moisturiser.

When my mum died aged 81 she could have passed for 65ish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, no need for oil of olay here :D I'm hoping if I get to 80 I'll also still feel 20 in my pea brain. My body might not like it though :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clock end at Highbury by any chance ?

What made it worse that day was the fact my friend uses all sorts of highly priced lotions ..... I just use bog standard moisturiser.

When my mum died aged 81 she could have passed for 65ish.

No, at Emirates LOL! Are you a gooner too?:)

Must feel awful to make an effort to look younger and still come across your age:cry:

Looking younger is great but can easily become frustrating when it stops you doing something.
  • Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was eighteen I was out with two friends who were 17 and 16. Going into the nightclub both of them walked in ahead of me with no problems and I was pulled over for ID by the bouncers. My 18 year old self was so indignant at not being treated like an adult I wanted to scream at them "you've just let two underage people in you morons and you are asking me, ME WHO IS NOW AN ADULT for Id" but I thought that might be cutting off my nose to spite my face so I smiled, presented my id and said nothing.

I agree that it's a great compliament for teens to be told they look older but to be told you look younger is annoying. Now that I'm older, I would love to be asked for id!

Good for you. That guy sounds like a grade a A$$hole :D

See before I was 18 it was great coz from the age of 15 I could get away with buying booze from the local bargain booze :D I just hope when I'm older my youthful looks will return and people will tell me how young I look :p
    Forum Member
    No, at Emirates LOL! Are you a gooner too?:)

Must feel awful to make an effort to look younger and still come across your age:cry:

Looking younger is great but can easily become frustrating when it stops you doing something.

Yep , I is a Gooner ... We're the North Bank. We're the North Bank !!:)
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 25 and got charged the under 16 price for swimming recently. I thought I finally looked over 16, but it appears I maybe don't. :confused:
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Y'all look 40.
  • dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep , I is a Gooner ... We're the North Bank. We're the North Bank !!:)

Sounds like you lot leave the creativity to those on the pitch!:D
  • Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 28 but could easily pass for 21 I've been told. Most of my mates are the same they look younger then they are some even still get ID'd :eek:

I'm nearly 40 but barely look over 39.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I definitely do. It's a hindrance and a benefit. I think it's harder for people to take me seriously in professional circumstances looking like I have just finished college.

I am 27 and I get ID'd all the time still. I have always looked younger than I actually am but so does my sister.

Strangely, when I was 17 I very rarely got asked for ID and was able to get into pubs and clubs but it seemed to much more relaxed back then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm nearly 60 and have never been asked for proof of age:mad::mad::mad:

If I look younger it's only because they haven't got their specs on:):):), I don't look that bad for my age though:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    I'm nearly 60 and have never been asked for proof of age:mad::mad::mad:

If I look younger it's only because they haven't got their specs on:):):), I don't look that bad for my age though:)

Couldn't edit this so added a photo of my wife and I with the dog:D Not bad for two old scrotes:D

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg38/duffystev/family/DSCF2597.jpg
  • dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! nice photo woody! I would put you at mid 50's maybe. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dylan99 wrote: »
    Wow! nice photo woody! I would put you at mid 50's maybe. :)

Thanks dylan, my wife is close to 60 as well. The dogs a youngster at 5:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 27 next week, but still get told I can pass for 17. It tends to depend on what I'm wearing and how I've got my hair.

My Mum is 59, but could pass for mid-to-late 40s, and when she passed on aged 81, my Gran still looked early 70s.