Cancelled /Renew Shows & Pick-ups

Comments

• MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Who has the rights to Person Of Interest season 4 in the UK is it Channel 5 or Netflix?

Or is it shared rights again?
  • LMLM Posts: 63,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Who has the rights to Person Of Interest season 4 in the UK is it Channel 5 or Netflix?

Or is it shared rights again?

Netflix have no rights to Person of interest as such. Person of Interest is not exclusive to Netflix like how Once upon a time, Better Call Saul or Pretty Little Liars is. Its just one show of many they happen to stream. In terms of television rights, the show belongs Channel 5.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Well it's just strange that Netflix has the whole of season 3 of Person Of Interest available to watch before Channel 5 has even finished showing the third season on its channel!

Most shows that Netflix don't have exclusive rights to tend to air on TV channels first.However at the moment you can watch episodes of the third season of Person Of Interest on Netflix before they have been shown on Channel 5!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Calls The Heart renewed for a third season. So happy. I still have season 2 yet to see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bojack Horseman renewed for a third season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Lilyhammer has been cancelled.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Soul Man renewed for a fifth and final season
  • johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guy1968 wrote: »
    Lilyhammer has been cancelled.

I thought they'd taken that as far as they could anyway TBH.

I wasn't even aware they were even thinking about another series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johnathome wrote: »
    I thought they'd taken that as far as they could anyway TBH.

I wasn't even aware they were even thinking about another series.

Well the show's future is not entirely in Netflix's hands. Netflix do pay half the costs and have allowed it to build an international fanbase. But they do not own the show as such. The norwegian company that own it are looking for a new home.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Well the show's future is not entirely in Netflix's hands. Netflix do pay half the costs and have allowed it to build an international fanbase. But they do not own the show as such. The norwegian company that own it are looking for a new home.

Thanks for the info. I love this show- even thought about going to Norway for a holiday because of it, :)
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Banshee is to end after season 4. According to the showrunners there's no more story to tell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome To Sweden cancelled after two seasons.
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Banshee is to end after season 4. According to the showrunners there's no more story to tell.

I think that is their excuse, probability is Cinemax told them season 4 would be the last (after reducing it to 8 episodes). Prepare for main cast demises in the final season. :) Any bets on who is the first to die a gruesome death?
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome To Sweden cancelled after two seasons.

For similar reasons as Lilyhammer, the show might not be completely dead yet – NBC only broadcast it in the US, its produced/owned by Entertainment One and Swedish company Syskon, meaning it’s actually a Swedish sitcom, not an American one.

Having said that, despite the success of the first season in Sweden the ratings have been poor for the second season, so without the money from NBC I suspect Entertainment One/Syskon won’t see it as financially viable to continue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    For similar reasons as Lilyhammer, the show might not be completely dead yet – NBC only broadcast it in the US, its produced/owned by Entertainment One and Swedish company Syskon, meaning it’s actually a Swedish sitcom, not an American one.

Having said that, despite the success of the first season in Sweden the ratings have been poor for the second season, so without the money from NBC I suspect Entertainment One/Syskon won’t see it as financially viable to continue.

I agree. I think the show was banking on the US success, especially as the lead actor and creator is american and the brother of Amy Poehler who also works with NBC as well.
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,788
    Forum Member
    I agree. I think the show was banking on the US success, especially as the lead actor and creator is american and the brother of Amy Poehler who also works with NBC as well.

I started to watch season one, but after a few episodes I found that the humour wore very thin for me.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At least it sounds like Greg Poehler, the creator and lead, is taking it well by saying he admits it received "craptastically" low ratings on NBC.

NBC hasn't had the best luck with the international co-production model of programme making in the last year or so with the likes of Dracula, Taxi Brooklyn, and now Welcome to Sweden all being cancelled after just a handful of episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is odd. It was confirmed less than an hour ago that Scream was renewed for a second season. But it was confirmed 3 weeks ago that it was renewed at it's comic con panel, but all the news sites are all over it like it's fresh news.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Pick TV will be showing The Following from August 12th. It's shit, but I'm sure there are some who will want to see it.........
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Pick TV will be showing The Following from August 12th. It's shit, but I'm sure there are some who will want to see it.........

Thanks for that. Think I'll give it a try - despite your verdict! :D
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »

The first season isn't bad, but after that it gets worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just found some information out regarding episode orders for shows

ABC Shows

Blood and Oil - Season 1 - 13 episodes
    The Muppets - Season 1 - 13 episodes
    Quantico - Season 1 - 13 episodes
    Wicked City - Season 1 - 10 episodes
    How to Get Away with Murder - Season 2 - 15 episodes
    black-ish - Season 2 - 22 episodes
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 3 - 22 episodes
    Once Upon A Time - Season 5 - 22 episodes
    Scandal - Season 5 - 21 episodes
    Castle - Season 8 - 22 episodes
    Grey's Anatomy - Season 12 - 25 episodes
    The Middle - Season 7 - 22 episodes
    American Crime - Season 2 - 10 episodes
    Galavant - Season 2 - 10 episodes
    Marvel's Agent Carter - Season 2 - 10 episodes
    Secrets and Lies - Season 2 - 10 episodes
    The Real O'Neals - Season 1 - 13 episodes
    Uncle Buck - Season 1 - 8 episodes
    The Catch - Season 1 - 13 episodes
    The Family - Season 1 - 12 episodes
    Of Kings and Prophets - Season 1 - 10 episodes

CBS Shows

Code Black - Season 1 - 13 episodes
    Criminal Minds - Season 11 - 22 episodes
    2 Broke Girls - Season 5 - 22 episodes
    The Big Bang Theory - Season 9 - 24 episodes
    Mom - Season 3 - 22 episodes
    Person of Interest - Season 5 - 13 episodes
    Rush Hour - Season 1 - 13 episodes
    Supergirl - Season 1 - 13 episodes
    Mike & Molly - Season 6 - 13 episodes

CW Shows

Arrow - 23 episodes
    Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - 13 episodes
    The Flash - 23 episodes
    iZombie - 13 episodes (has an option for nine extra episodes if season 2 performs well)
    The Originals - 22 episodes
    Supernatural - 23 episodes
    The Vampire Diaries - 22 episodes
    Jane The Virgin - 22 episodes
    The 100 - 13 episodes
    Containment - 13 episodes
    DC's Legends of Tomorrow - 16 episodes

Any shows I have not mentioned means their episode orders have not been confirmed.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting stuff. I'd worry that a full 22 episode order for iZombie might dilute it too much in to 'case of the week' territory. I know it's a lot like that at the moment, but the back story has been well put together and is quite compelling.

Too many episodes might mean a few too many unrelated case of the week episodes I suppose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I think iZombie suited it's short season. Sleepy Hollow suffered massively when it was given 18 episodes for it's second season. This could of allowed them to have standalone episodes but it was eighteen episodes of full of arc crap which is why it lost half it's audience and why it is going under a major revamp for season 3. I find 22 episodes of full on arc heavy stuff very exhausting, which is why i dislike many of the sci-fi/supernatural shows of today as neither of them have standalone episodes (gotham, shield, grimm, the flash/arrow etc) Unless they are going to add filler standalone episodes that take a breather from the main arc to spread it out like Fringe did, then I am welcome to it.

Imagine if shows like Penny dreadful or Game of thrones had double the amount. It would be mentally exhausting. Both those shows excel with just 10 episodes.

Why must everything be episodic these days? I miss the standalone days of X Files, Buffy, Star trek, Stargate etc.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I'd prefer all shows were 13 eps. Hopefully we Wouldn't have mid season breaks then either.