Why do most people on here dislike Cilla so much?

WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been a fan of hers since I was 2 when she was doing Surprise Surprise (I loved the theme tune and used to re-enact it for my family every Sunday apparently :o). But she's always come across as down to earth to me, although most people on here say that she's all 'airs and graces' and very nasty to her fans and people who work with her.

Is there a particular reason why she's hated so much? Surely someone who came from working as a cloakroom assistant to being a National treasure should be applauded and not berated for their success?

Here's a nice video of her with fans that I found on youtube which is really nice and should dispel all those 'she is a diva who has no time for her fans' rumours

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_jHoj6paRw :)

Comments

• johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the problem is that there are many accounts of her being unpleasant to members of the public/people coming into contact with her for work purposes. Everyone has their off days, but the same comments are being made time and time again by different people.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    I think the problem is that there are many accounts of her being unpleasant to members of the public/people coming into contact with her for work purposes. Everyone has their off days, but the same comments are being made time and time again by different people.

It's sad if true. I'd like to think that if I ever became famous I would be even nicer to everyone I came into contact with than before simply because I'd be so happy and grateful that I was doing something most people would love to do.
  • Monkey_NewsMonkey_News Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    People on here dislike everybody.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member

Pretty much, yes. Not many female celebs are well-liked on here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LMAO :D:D That's so true actually.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leafing through the Sunday papers I noticed that after her triumphs at the London Palladium and elsewhere over the years Cilla is this year appearing in panto in.....Aylesbury:eek:
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    She is said to be very 'snooty' by a friend of mine who is a VIP meet 'n greeter for Virgin and he said Cilla Black is up her own ar*e and one day he was looking after her and Paul O'Grady and it was like chalk and cheese as Paul was so friendly and she was very snooty!!!

On the other hand he said JK Rowling of Harry Potter fame, is very down to earth and an absolute dream and he's met her three times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is said to be very 'snooty' by a friend of mine who is a VIP meet 'n greeter for Virgin and he said Cilla Black is up her own ar*e and one day he was looking after her and Paul O'Grady and it was like chalk and cheese as Paul was so friendly and she was very snooty!!!

On the other hand he said JK Rowling of Harry Potter fame, is very down to earth and an absolute dream and he's met her three times.

Indeed, my dad had dealings with both and said the same thing, though I think her son/manager has a lot to do with it.
  • charmingbillycharmingbilly Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a few things said on this forum here that makes me think our Cilla's not such a nice lady after all.

http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-65795.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a few things said on this forum here that makes me think our Cilla's not such a nice lady after all.

http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-65795.html

That forum can be a full-on bitch fest.

Esp as it's recently become very well known to the general public
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundstory wrote: »
    That forum can be a full-on bitch fest.

Esp as it's recently become very well known to the general public
    I'm surprised at some of the things said on there - if I wrote on a forum about the clients I deal with, I'd be sacked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a mystery to me - but it still hurts you know people, just because I'm a SLEB doesn't mean I'm made of stone. FYI.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CillaBlack wrote: »
    It's a mystery to me - but it still hurts you know people, just because I'm a SLEB doesn't mean I'm made of stone. FYI.

:D:D
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »
    That's not true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not true.
    Now that's a nice thread, thanks for the link.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CillaBlack wrote: »

haha :D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fake, tory hag.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that's a nice thread, thanks for the link.:)
    You're welcome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dislike her fake scouse account.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    agreed - her accent is so fake - dont think she's lived here for over 40 years but it's like she's tried to hang on to it but failed......badly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    agreed - her accent is so fake - dont think she's lived here for over 40 years but it's like she's tried to hang on to it but failed......badly

But is Liverpool not proud of her for that song she did years ago about being a mucky kid and how her da' would belt her and how her sister works for a weekly wage? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j4Rose wrote: »

We must be jealous:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But is Liverpool not proud of her for that song she did years ago about being a mucky kid and how her da' would belt her and how her sister works for a weekly wage? :D

No

My mum knew her a little bit in the olden days. She has nothing good to say about her.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,596
    Forum Member

No Scousers hate her, she had a row in the local evening paper a few years ago with Ricky Tomlinson [Ricky was born in Blackpool, but has lived in Liverpool for most of his life] over who was a proper Scouser, & most of the comments in the Letters section suported Ricky. Cilla's just a profesional Scouser[& quite loathsome by acounts], i'd doubt she'd give £1million to Alder Hey Children's Hospital donation like Ricky has done.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    That's not true.

Yes, it very much is true. There are exceptions, but women are incredibly bitchy and catty about each other in general.
    We must be jealous:)

There is definitely an element of that. In general though, women just feel the need to put other women down in order to make themselves feel better. I've seen it many times in real life. Men do the same thing, but not to the same extent. I'm a woman btw.