Options

Ben Needham

HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
Forum Member
A guy who went missing 21 years ago when he was just 21 months old, read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Ben_Needham

Any recent news about it? And your thoughts on the whole situation?

Comments

• Options
    Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably dead, used as a child sex slave or something unthinkable in our society.

His poor mother, she must think of him every morning she wakes, and every night before she sleeps.

He'll obviously never be found now, else he would have come forward himself, aged 22
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i think he died when he went missing.
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    And your thoughts on the whole situation?

Major cock-up by the Greek authorities. The kid was into Turkey and gone before they'd even thought about closing the routes off the island down.
  • Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uk Ltd wrote: »
    He'll obviously never be found now, else he would have come forward himself, aged 22

I don't agree. How much do you remember of your time as a toddler?
  • Options
    HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably dead, used as a child sex slave or something unthinkable in our society.

His poor mother, she must think of him every morning she wakes, and every night before she sleeps.

The other allegation is that his uncle killed him by accident riding his motorbike.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member

He wouldnt even know he is Ben Needham if he is alive .
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wouldnt even know he is Ben Needham if he is alive .

Exactly, my son is the same age that Ben is/would have been and he doesn't have any memories of that age at all.

Sadly I think he died on the island, but I have always hoped for Ben's mum to find her son. Every day since must be terrible for her.:(
  • Options
    TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    HenryBane wrote: »
    The other allegation is that his uncle killed him by accident riding his motorbike.

Really? I have never heard that before!
    I wou;dlike to thin k he is alive for his Mums sake, But I doubt he is..But who knows look at the girl who was took in America & had been living in some part of the back garden of her Abducters!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was only a few months ago that his mum was on morning TV and said she believes he's still alive
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    Well, if he is dead the least they can do is confirm it, but if he is alive, maybe he's been adopted?

It's practically the same situation with Madeleine McCann
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I have never heard that before!
    I wou;dlike to thin k he is alive for his Mums sake, But I doubt he is..But who knows look at the girl who was took in America & had been living in some part of the back garden of her Abducters!

In a documentary about Ben, his uncle refused to go under hypnosis about that day which led to speculation that he was involved in the death.

I'm not so sure it implies that but it is what was implied in the documentary.
  • Options
    spookedspooked Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    In a documentary about Ben, his uncle refused to go under hypnosis about that day which led to speculation that he was involved in the death.

I'm not so sure it implies that but it is what was implied in the documentary.

But hypnosis is a pretty dodgy way of trying to dig out the truth.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when it happened, it was all over the news.

There was a theory that Ben wandered close to the building work going on next to his grandmother's house and either fell or hid or got caught up in the site somehow. That always seemed quite plausible to me.

It is still one of the possibilities, as this recent Daily Record story shows.
  • Options
    walkabouterwalkabouter Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    Major cock-up by the Greek authorities. The kid was into Turkey and gone before they'd even thought about closing the routes off the island down.

..and your evidence for this is?
  • Options
    Forum Member

No evidence, but if I were a kidnapper on Kos it's what I'd do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spooked wrote: »
    But hypnosis is a pretty dodgy way of trying to dig out the truth.

Yes, exactly. It could be the reason he refused to undergo it rather than there being a sinister reason.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Full story and developments on Wikipedia.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Ben_Needham
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Mc wrote: »
    Full story and developments on Wikipedia.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Ben_Needham

Why are you posting the exact same link as in the OP?
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Well, if he is dead the least they can do is confirm it, but if he is alive, maybe he's been adopted?

It's practically the same situation with Madeleine McCann

I have more sympathy over this case
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    I have more sympathy over this case

Me too
  • Options
    Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too

And me...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member

There have been some supposed sightings of blonde-haired boys with birthmarks in various parts of Turkey.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    Why are you posting the exact same link as in the OP?

Because I never noticed the link posted...:):)
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't blame her for carrying on looking but I highly doubt she'll see him again though. She'll be a stranger to him now. I think she'll get old and then die without ever catching a glimpse of her missing son's face.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    In a documentary about Ben, his uncle refused to go under hypnosis about that day

I remember watching a documentary years ago in which he did undergo hypnosis and remembered taking Ben out on his bike but nothing after that.