Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »
    I love them too. I used them in a vid I posted to YouTube back in 2010.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=mgrVsXnMP9o&feature=related

And I really love that vid, Connie. What a great compendium you put together. I think I must have watched it 20 times or more by now. The only thing I miss on it that I know of is the Pearl Fishers Duet from William and Mary on it. :)
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doc Martin books:
    http://www.thebookseller.com/news/ebury-signs-doc-martin-novels.html

I hope I'm not repeating this post. If I am, sorry. :confused:
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It occurs to me that Rory Wilton had tweeted before that he was going to be in the first episode -- had a big part, and one that required him to be shirtless (??) IIRC, and I may not.

He tweeted that he's done with his part and back to the play he's working in. Now, he may be back later, but I think this lends credence to the idea that the wedding, and reception, takes place in the first episode. (Maybe he's a guest who has the medical emergency?)

So if that's right, I definitely even more hope that Adelie is right and it's two hours worth, because I would hate to see what leads up to it given such short shrift.

However, the writers are amazing and just have to trust that.

The dress appears to be full-on, traditional wedding dress. I think I got it mostly wrong. Although it is quite simple and elegant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    NewPark wrote: »
    It occurs to me that Rory Wilton had tweeted before that he was going to be in the first episode -- had a big part, and one that required him to be shirtless (??) IIRC, and I may not.

He tweeted that he's done with his part and back to the play he's working in. Now, he may be back later, but I think this lends credence to the idea that the wedding, and reception, takes place in the first episode. (Maybe he's a guest who has the medical emergency?)

So if that's right, I definitely even more hope that Adelie is right and it's two hours worth, because I would hate to see what leads up to it given such short shrift.

However, the writers are amazing and just have to trust that.

The dress appears to be full-on, traditional wedding dress. I think I got it mostly wrong. Although it is quite simple and elegant.

New Park, did you ever hear from him about S1E1, if he was one of the fishermen who ran DM off the road - the credits said Roy Wilson. Also, I just noticed him in S5E5 - he is giving CPR to Paul the fisherman. Didn't recall that in our sightings before.
    Interesting that he is shirtless for S6E1, hope he is the medical emergency and not the entertainment for a bachlorette party:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Something tells me that this marriage won't be consummated until the final ep.
  • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mimi5 wrote: »

Oh, I don't believe that at all. I predict wild monkey sex from the time they got back from rescuing James at the castle. No waiting for the wedding night for this pair. I predict Martin will offer the salt mill to Louisa at dinner every night. :D

Oh - another tidbit from FB this morning. Louisa's dress was floor length.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmbesotted wrote: »
    New Park, did you ever hear from him about S1E1, if he was one of the fishermen who ran DM off the road - the credits said Roy Wilson. Also, I just noticed him in S5E5 - he is giving CPR to Paul the fisherman. Didn't recall that in our sightings before.
    Interesting that he is shirtless for S6E1, hope he is the medical emergency and not the entertainment for a bachlorette party:o

No, he never answered. I'm not quite sure about the shirtless part, but maybe Statesidefan remembers better?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    Oh, I don't believe that at all. I predict wild monkey sex from the time they got back from rescuing James at the castle. No waiting for the wedding night for this pair. I predict Martin will offer the salt mill to Louisa at dinner every night. :D

Oh - another tidbit from FB this morning. Louisa's dress was floor length.

Yeah, I agree with you, Shop Girl. He finally said the words at the castle, so I think it was a matter of getting James down for a nap and that was IT, it was time!

I saw that info at facebook about the floor length dress. So it's all different this time in so many ways. Looks like they've gone full-out, moreso than in the first attempt. Maybe since the first try didn't take, they decided it was time to really go for it and in a bigger way. No small church, short wedding gown, reception at Bert's place. They're doing it up right this time.

Btw, I noticed that Ian McNiece was wearing a white rose in his lapel like Martin, so he seems to be a member of the wedding party. I wonder if he gave away the bride. No mention on facebook of Roger Fenn making an appearance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree with you, Shop Girl. He finally said the words at the castle, so I think it was a matter of getting James down for a nap and that was IT, it was time!

I saw that info at facebook about the floor length dress. So it's all different this time in so many ways. Looks like they've gone full-out, moreso than in the first attempt. Maybe since the first try didn't take, they decided it was time to really go for it and in a bigger way. No small church, short wedding gown, reception at Bert's place. They're doing it up right this time.

Btw, I noticed that Ian McNiece was wearing a white rose in his lapel like Martin, so he seems to be a member of the wedding party. I wonder if he gave away the bride. No mention on facebook of Roger Fenn making an appearance.

That was my thought too, Biffpup. We talked here a few pages ago about how he was her main supporter and friend in PortWenn.

So, after the castle -- does she return immediately to the surgery or does he stay over at her cottage, since her mother's gone and (presumably) that's where the crib for the aforesaid nap is now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, someone said the Doc looked tired at the reception, but I can't believe that will stop them. I'd like to think when we see him tired from now on it will be because they are making up for lost time in the bedroom (or in the kitchen or in the consulting room). . .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, he never answered. I'm not quite sure about the shirtless part, but maybe Statesidefan remembers better?

I think he was going shirtless for his overlapping role in the Incomers - but he says he's dropped a lot of weight to get in shape for that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Do we think that Bert gave the bride away?:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    What five albums would you want to have if you were marooned on a desert island? No compilations or greatest hit albums can be included unless they are recordings of a live concert.

Mine would be:

Wish You Were Here-Pink Floyd

Wave-Antonio Carlos Jobim Gotta have Bossa Nova for the beach....

Touch-John Klemmer

Time Out-Dave Brubeck Quartet

John Coltrane And Johnny Hartman
    Forum Member
    Do we think that Bert gave the bride away?:)

Yes. He is the closest thing Louisa has to a real father.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going in a different direction. . .

Doc Martin Products I'd Like Them to Market

1. Lifesize standee of the Doc (then we could all have him in our homes - and I'd have something to hang The Suit on!)
    2. Doc Martin medical bag - just imagine how much fun it would be to stock the contents!
    3. Doc Martin PJs - these could be either silly flannels with his face all over them or replicas of the blue S5 Pajamas of Steel
    4. Louisa appointment book
    5. Edith spray repellent

The DM store has been seriously uncreative. What would you suggest?
    Forum Member

1. Lifesize standee of the Doc (then we could all have him in our homes - and I'd have something to hang The Suit on!)
    2. Doc Martin medical bag - just imagine how much fun it would be to stock the contents!
    3. Doc Martin PJs - these could be either silly flannels with his face all over them or replicas of the blue S5 Pajamas of Steel
    5. Edith spray repellent

If you want a cardboard cutout you can have one made here.

If it is specialized printed fabric you need you can have that made here and have someone sew a pair of PJ's for you if you do not sew yourself. Get yourself enough fabric to make a pair of pillowcases while you are at it.

This will work on Edith.
    Forum Member
    So, after the castle -- does she return immediately to the surgery or does he stay over at her cottage, since her mother's gone and (presumably) that's where the crib for the aforesaid nap is now?

They moved to the surgery in S5E2 so presumably all their necessary things (food, clothing, toiletries, baby care items, etc.) are there.

They aren't going to have much privacy in either place and I would presume that Martin would close the surgery for the day after coming back from getting JH back.
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

5. Edith spray repellent

What? No inflatable life sized Doc? :o;):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was my thought too, Biffpup. We talked here a few pages ago about how he was her main supporter and friend in PortWenn.

I've actually given that some thought, NewPark, but I haven't really figured it out. There also was that waiting room full of patients at the surgery. And the fact that LG just took off from the school without even touching base with anyone other than Bert and Al. So, there are some loose ends to tidy up, I suppose. So maybe they each had to go back to PW and finish their regular workdays.

Yes, I assume the crib had been taken to LG's place and will now need to go back to the surgery. A lot of cribs are on wheels. I have an absurd picture in my mind it going up and down that hill, back and forth between the surgery and LG's house. But, you know, I really don't expect BP or the writers to worry with logistics like that. I think they'll just skip over a lot of it. We'll skip to the little family of three back at the surgery, I bet.

Likewise, what about the fact that the surgery was full of Dr. Dibbs' furniture throughout S5? In S6 will we suddenly see a return of Doc's modern desk, his leather sofa, etc?
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, someone said the Doc looked tired at the reception, but I can't believe that will stop them. I'd like to think when we see him tired from now on it will be because they are making up for lost time in the bedroom (or in the kitchen or in the consulting room). . .

Well, it would be quite in character for DM to look tired. He's had to celebrate his wonderful marriage to the woman he loves in the town he hates, surrounded by the inhabitants he dislikes, and now has to feed and entertain. :)
    Forum Member
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    What? No inflatable life sized Doc? :o;):)

You can have those made, too. Just do a websearch for customized inflatable dolls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    I've actually given that some thought, NewPark, but I haven't really figured it out. There also was that waiting room full of patients at the surgery. And the fact that LG just took off from the school without even touching base with anyone other than Bert and Al. So, there are some loose ends to tidy up, I suppose. So maybe they each had to go back to PW and finish their regular workdays.

Yes, I assume the crib had been taken to LG's place and will now need to go back to the surgery. A lot of cribs are on wheels. I have an absurd picture in my mind it going up and down that hill, back and forth between the surgery and LG's house. But, you know, I really don't expect BP or the writers to worry with logistics like that. I think they'll just skip over a lot of it. We'll skip to the little family of three back at the surgery, I bet.

Likewise, what about the fact that the surgery was full of Dr. Dibbs' furniture throughout S5? In S6 will we suddenly see a return of Doc's modern desk, his leather sofa, etc?

I agree, Biffpup, that they will skip over all those niggling little details -- like she left her purse at the school probably with her keys to the cottage in it, reclaiming the baby stroller from the chemist's, the patients in the surgery (although I do think he would just call Morwenna while they are waiting for CLive to arrive and close the surgery).

We really don't know how long it was between the time she left him in E6, and E8. If any length of time at all, and with no intention of returning, I imagine it would be much more convenient to have the crib and other baby supplies back at her own cottage.

The mind boggles, though, at the idea DM setting up the crib for her at her cottage. Maybe Al? or maybe she after all slept with the baby in her bed?

At any rate, I don't imagine they would want to be fooling around with dislocations and moving that first night -- presumably having much better things to do.

I wonder if they (the set dressers) will bother with details like getting DM's furniture back to replace Dr. Dibbs (who I imagine would like to have hers returned to whatever place she slunk off to). I suppose if enough time has elapsed between the end of S5 and when we pick it up again, it could be done, but I don't think they will expect anyone but us superfans to notice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Well, it would be quite in character for DM to look tired. He's had to celebrate his wonderful marriage to the woman he loves in the town he hates, surrounded by the inhabitants he dislikes, and now has to feed and entertain. :)

MC looks just about back to his weight in MBB.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member

OMG - my eyes, my eyes!!! I could have done without that!!! Much better in the yellow crab man suit.
This discussion has been closed.