Options

Uncharted Collection.

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
Forum Member
✭✭
Well, the worst kept secret in gaming is out. Uncharted, The Nathan Drake Collection has been spotted on the PSN mobile store as an advertising banner.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GameOverGreggy/status/606346908869795840

Comments

• Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    It's going to be officially revealed later today https://mobile.twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/606361831905435648

If asked a month or so ago, I'd have said I'd definitely buy this. However, I've played 2 & 3 again through the PS Now so won't be buying this.

A must buy though for anyone that's never played any of the series.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be preordering as soon as it becomes available on US Store!!! ;-)

(Really love playing these remakes!) :blush:
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as I haven't played the others I will be buying this collection
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    This is one I'd like to get

Uncharted Uno, Deus and Treze in on box with shiny visuals. Yes please.
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    played 1 and 2 but never played 3 - and I've sold my PS3 (to fund the 4!) so would definitely get this.

Now all I want is a Skyrim and Mass Effect remaster :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never played the first game, loved 2 and 3 so tempted to pick this up. If my mates that never owned PS3s get it then the opportunity for multiplayer with them should cement the deal for me.

Great way to build up to Uncharted 4 too.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    Even though I've got them all for PS3 (And Golden Abyss on Vita) & have completed them all I'll still buy the collection to give me an excuse to replay them in preparation for Uncharted 4.

I'd love to see them throw Golden Abyss into the collection because while perhaps not as good as the console games it was good enough that I feel its a game more Uncharted fans should play.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though I've got them all for PS3 (And Golden Abyss on Vita) & have completed them all I'll still buy the collection to give me an excuse to replay them in preparation for Uncharted 4.

I'd love to see them throw Golden Abyss into the collection because while perhaps not as good as the console games it was good enough that I feel its a game more Uncharted fans should play.

Wow. I totally forgot about Golden Abyss. I bet Sony do as well. I'll wager 3DTV support for #3 isn't carried over either. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been waiting for this, I've just played them all recently on PS3 again but that won't stop me getting this essential game trilogy.
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    It's going to be officially revealed later today https://mobile.twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/606361831905435648

If asked a month or so ago, I'd have said I'd definitely buy this. However, I've played 2 & 3 again through the PS Now so won't be buying this.

A must buy though for anyone that's never played any of the series.

Announcing it today when we're so close to E3 seems kind of strange but it sounds like someone has screwed up possibly forcing the announcement to be made early.
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    Announcing it today when we're so close to E3 seems kind of strange but it sounds like someone has screwed up possibly forcing the announcement to be made early.

Fallout 4 was mentioned early too - builds up the anticipation!
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It seems this year the plan seems to be, lets announce that a game is coming and then reveal the details about it at E3 which I think is a shame.

Confirmation that something Gears of War related was announced yesterday as well as the big Fallout news which all could have been saved.
    I guess by coming out early you get the media cycle rather than multiple titles all announced at the same time which can get lost in the scrum.
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,464
    Forum Member
    Release date: 9th October in UK and Ireland.

UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake Collection Announce Video
    buying the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection grants you exclusive access to Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End multiplayer beta (while the beta is available, of course.)
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    No Golden Abyss which is a shame.

Like I said earlier its not the best Uncharted game but its still very good & I think its a shame that it seems it will be a game which a lot of gamers & a lot of people who like the Uncharted series won't get to play.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. I totally forgot about Golden Abyss. I bet Sony do as well. I'll wager 3DTV support for #3 isn't carried over either. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised but I'm not holding my breath.

As its called Uncharted Collection rather than Trilogy it could include Golden Abyss but sadly I doubt it. I would jump on this if it included Golden Abyss as I haven't played that. If its just UC 1-3 remastered I will pick it up cheap.

I hope they keep the 3D support TBH, I recently got a new TV which happened to have 3D support and tried out a few old PS3 games to see what it was like and I actually thought 3D in games was much better than 3D in movies. I thought UC3 was pretty decent in 3D from the few chapters I played.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No 1-3 multiplayer, but you do get access to the U4 MP beta.

A worthy trade?
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No 1-3 multiplayer, but you do get access to the U4 MP beta.

A worthy trade?

A one month (At best) trial of an online mode or two fully blown online modes remastered. No it doesn't make up for it IMHO. I dont really care about the UC4 beta as its basically a throw away extra.

I know a lot of people do get suckered into buying full priced games just for beta access to something else though so probably a good move from Sonys POV as they also wont have to support online on this package for long.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This makes Sony's decision to only remaster God of War 3 (rather than Ascension as well) even more of a rip-off, considering they're offering three games here for the same price.
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping with the details saying improved textures and models it means that Chloe and Elena's faces have both been fixed in Uncharted 3.

I would have been chuffed if the Uncharted 2 multiplayer got rolled out again but it's not the end of the world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    This makes Sony's decision to only remaster God of War 3 (rather than Ascension as well) even more of a rip-off, considering they're offering three games here for the same price.

They aren't the same price.

God Of War 3 is £29.99, Uncharted Collection is £49.99.
  • Options
    gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »

To me all of these remakes on the new consoles feel like a bit of a rip off, However I'm guilty of buying some of them again such as GTA V & Halo MCC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me all of these remakes on the new consoles feel like a bit of a rip off, However I'm guilty of buying some of them again such as GTA V & Halo MCC.

Remakes have always been a thing though, both upwards and downwards across generations.

They are only a rip-off if they aren't worth the asking price to you as an individual. Everybody's reasons for wanting, or not wanting a remade game are very different.
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine I'll be getting this. I enjoyed the Uncharted games but never got round to finishing the first two and didn't even start the third so will be a good chance to finally get round to them.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Bluepoint are great. but one thing always annoys me is when they say "Improved Textures", for a lot of stuff, they don't actually improve or even change the textures, like MGS for example, they used the same textures BUT they looked better because they were being displayed at a higher resolution and better filtering.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I'll pick this up when it's come down in price. I can see it popping up on PS+ too maybe late next year. Have played 2 and 3 multiple games but be good to play the original remastered again as well.