Options

Depression?

1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am curious really I guess. I'm in my mid 30s, ever since my mid teens I've not had any interest in anything, I cut myself off from family and friends to the extent that I don't have contact with anyone now really apart from my mrs, my only real interest is sleeping, I'm in bed shortly after 7 most nights as I frankly just get fed up. My life consists of work and sleep.

I've often wondered if II have depression but this has been on going for years and I wouldn't say I feel particularly sad just no interest in anything, and i function fine never miss a day at work etc.

Could this be depression?

Comments

• Options
    ThisGuysGoodThisGuysGood Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What you've said would probably get you on the sick for depression.

What I think is the problem is you're bored of the mundane. After work on Friday drive to an airport an get on a plane to somewhere a few hours away. Then fly back on Sunday,

Start living!
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you look at a test for depression, you've only to tick surprisingly few boxes to be categorised as depressed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you've said would probably get you on the sick for depression.

What I think is the problem is you're bored of the mundane. After work on Friday drive to an airport an get on a plane to somewhere a few hours away. Then fly back on Sunday,

Start living!

Bored of the mundane probably but I don't get joy out of anything else either a part from sleeping, I think my other half is getting a bit fed up with it as I never leave the house a part from going to work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    If you look at a test for depression, you've only to tick surprisingly few boxes to be categorised as depressed

I did that NHS test just now, it says it's unlikely I am suffering depression., which is probably a good thing but at least if I was depressed id know what's wrong with me.
  • Options
    GemwbaGemwba Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go and talk to GP as could be a number of things, depression, anaemia, vitamin deficiency, hormones, thyroid etc the list goes on. It obviously is affecting your life and you sound like you don't want to feel this. Hope things get sorted.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Real depression is like quicksand, it literally sucks the life out of you. I'm avoidant and had a pretty depressing life because of that condition, being a Carer as well doesn't help.

When I was made redundant from my job of almost two decades the real thing hit and it was scary.

See the Doctor, fill in the 'form' and maybe you'll get some blood tests to make sure there is nothing else causing it. :)