Foxsat Help

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
Forum Member
Does anybody know why when I transfer recordings from my Foxsat HDR to an external hard drive they won’t play elsewhere?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Google VLC

This will play all but protected recordings (HD from ITV and some BBC).

Automan.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also try Splash-Lite (works better for HD). All BBC HD channels are now encrypted. The HD channels can be recorded without encryption using non-freesat mode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I have tried VLC without success that is any content protected or not. This may be of my own making as I created new partitions yesterday using easeus and the problem started then before that all was ok
    Forum Member
    Automan wrote: »
    Google VLC

This will play all but protected recordings (HD from ITV and some BBC).

Automan.
    Also try Splash-Lite (works better for HD). All BBC HD channels are now encrypted. The HD channels can be recorded without encryption using non-freesat mode.

Thank you guys I really do appreciate your knowledge you have I believe solved the mystery in one and stopped me banging my head against the wall. I can see some of the recordings have a symbol with a red cross I guess this is protected?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gozzer wrote: »
    Thank you guys I really do appreciate your knowledge you have I believe solved the mystery in one and stopped me banging my head against the wall. I can see some of the recordings have a symbol with a red cross I guess this is protected?

The red cross means that the recording is copy protected, most likely copy once and that you have copied it (once). The flag indicating the recording is encrypted is ENC. But the two normally go together anyway :D
    Forum Member
    The red cross means that the recording is copy protected, most likely copy once and that you have copied it (once). The flag indicating the recording is encrypted is ENC. But the two normally go together anyway :D

Thank you Graham, just explain if you would about recording in non-freesat mode
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gozzer wrote: »
    Thank you Graham, just explain if you would about recording in non-freesat mode

To add all your channels (and more) to non-freesat goto manual tune and scan using the default of all transponders.

This will leave you in non-freesat mode with an extra menu option to swap modes.

Only manual recording starts are available in non-freesat and you can't record freesat mode at the same time.

Enter non-freesat mode and reboot the box. Start the recording using the recording button (press record again to modify the duration).
    Forum Member
    To add all your channels (and more) to non-freesat goto manual tune and scan using the default of all transponders.

This will leave you in non-freesat mode with an extra menu option to swap modes.

Only manual recording starts are available in non-freesat and you can't record freesat mode at the same time.

Enter non-freesat mode and reboot the box. Start the recording using the recording button (press record again to modify the duration).
    I am obliged