Options

Just found a knife in my Subway sandwich.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't sound cut-up about it......
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Now if you had posted it was the tip of a knife blade you may have been believed.
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was is serrated? Did the sandwich artist think you needed to bust someone out of prison?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did they slash the price of the sandwich?
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    How could this happen ? I've not been in a while however when I was last, they where made in front of you. Bread cut open toppings put on etc. The only time you don't see it's is when it's put it the grill. yet another terrible troll thread :yawn:

Get lost, assuming i'm a liar. Yes they're made in front of you, doesn't mean you watch their every move though does it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't believe the OP.;)
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Yeah, sure.
    How could this happen ? I've not been in a while however when I was last, they where made in front of you. Bread cut open toppings put on etc. The only time you don't see it's is when it's put it the grill. yet another terrible troll thread :yawn:
    dome wrote: »
    Now if you had posted it was the tip of a knife blade you may have been believed.
    Call me mad, but I've decided to prove it.

http://i42.tinypic.com/34z0mmr.jpg

Picture includes said knife, which I think is a standard Subway knife, the paper wrapper and plastic bag the sandwich came with. Perhaps if you still think i'm lying, I should go out and buy a newspaper tomorrow and put the said items in top of it's front page?:rolleyes:

Six and a half years i've been posting here, a "troll" would have built up a reputation by now.
  • Options
    Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »

Picture includes said knife, which I think is a standard Subway knife, the paper wrapper and plastic bag the sandwich came with. Perhaps if you still think i'm lying, I should go out and buy a newspaper tomorrow and put the said items in top of it's front page?:rolleyes:

Six and a half years i've been posting here, a "troll" would have built up a reputation by now.

Contact Subway Inmy, you'll have a few free butties I'm sure and no way are you a trolley person ;)

Right, I'm dead and off to bed
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member

Firstly I don't have a habit of looking at peoples post count. I think we all know on it's nothing to go off. one of the most famous members on here is biggest troll on the site.

Now obviously you've got to understand that really does not proof anything. That could be knife from your kitchen placed on top of a subway wrapper.

Secondly subway could of changed since I last went in about 6-8 weeks give or take.For me the sub was made in front of you. From cutting the bread to the end so how did you not see the knife get put in there ?

Now maybe your not a troll after all I don't know. All I know is there is not much to go on and obviously like most people I jumped to the obvious conclusion. That happened to be you where just a bad troll, if this was mistake and it's offended you in anyway I'm sorry.
  • Options
    Butcher BillButcher Bill Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call the local council's Health Department and take it from there.

You might get a few quid out of it. And why not in today's litigious society? Everyone else is doing it.
  • Options
    ubanjodubanjod Posts: 4,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now obviously you've got to understand that really does not proof anything. That could be knife from your kitchen placed on top a subway rapper.

:eek: They sell homeless singers now too?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats nothing, I found a corpse in my gravy.
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    ubanjod wrote: »
    :eek: They sell homeless singers now too?

Dam you got before my edits :o I should really do it before I post.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I'd suggest the OP takes it back to them.

They won't be expecting that, it'll make their day to know they're not going to get reamed over it, you'll get that warm fuzzy feeling from doing something nice and karma will smile on you. :)
  • Options
    ubanjodubanjod Posts: 4,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dam you got before my edits :o I should really do it before I post.

lol, yes you should :p
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Normally when you get a footlong sub they cut it in half, but the man didn't. I used the knife to cut it in half myself in the end.

It could have led to an accident easily. It's obvious he knew he had misplaced his knife - which is why it wasn't cut in half - so he should have checked!

He did check though and when he realised he hadn't cut it in half for you he left you the knife for you to do it.

He's a hero.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet for the rest of the day all the Subway staff have had to spread the butter on the sandwiches with their fingers.....:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Firstly I don't have a habit of looking at peoples post count. I think we all know on it's nothing to go off. one of the most famous members on here is biggest troll on the site.

Now obviously you've got to understand that really does not proof anything. That could be knife from your kitchen placed on top of a subway wrapper.

Secondly subway could of changed since I last went in about 6-8 weeks give or take.For me the sub was made in front of you. From cutting the bread to the end so how did you not see the knife get put in there ?

Now maybe your not a troll after all I don't know. All I know is there is not much to go on and obviously like most people I jumped to the obvious conclusion. That happened to be you where just a bad troll, if this was mistake and it's offended you in anyway I'm sorry.
    When someone is preparing your sandwich in front of you it would be very awkward to stare at the person's every movement! I didn't realise that I should watch like a hawk just in case he puts a knife in my sandwich :confused:, he just asked me what I wanted on it (which was only cheese) and that was it.

In any case a google search for "subway knife" brings up many knives the same as the one I posted the picture of. Link
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normally I'd be full of doubts, but I'd actually vouch for the OP and say that he (or she) is pretty reputable. I've seen their name around here for years, and they never struck me as someone who would bullshit! :p
  • Options
    MistylllMistylll Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    There is a similar story here: http://www.metro.co.uk/news/430249-7in-knife-comes-with-mans-subway-roll

The knife also looks the same. :(
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The picture the op uses is the exact same photo that has been used in food hygene courses for years. The coupe in The Metro are pulling a scam SubWay use very disringtive kitchen knives that one looks like a knife bought from poundland.
  • Options
    Invent MeridianInvent Meridian Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is possible that this story is true. Indeed someone (not me) also found a knife in a Subway sandwich in my area. To be exact, it was in the Gosport branch.

Still, these stories have not put me off my occasional Meatball Marinara!
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just take it back to them and tell them it's best not to leave knives in their sarnies.
  • Options
    HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats nothing, I found a corpse in my gravy.

Probably a dyslexic undertaker.
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The picture the op uses is the exact same photo that has been used in food hygene courses for years. The coupe in The Metro are pulling a scam SubWay use very disringtive kitchen knives that one looks like a knife bought from poundland.

Hmmmm....I'd believe this a lot more if you actually posted a link to the same picture anywhere else.

I'm inclined to believe the OP, but I'd just chalk it down to an interesting story and a free knife...
  • Options
    DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to blow this non-story, but Subway do not use blue bladed knifes. Health and Safety in case any colour on the blade ends in the sandwich.

They are normally stainless steel blades. I worked at my local for a couple of weeks in my local Subway when it opened and all the rules are the same for every other Subway.