Private Eye

Mad_Dog1Mad_Dog1 Posts: 675
Forum Member
✭✭
Anybody else read Private Eye magazine? I find it quite interesting in terms of In The Back and also quite funny in some of the lighter parts.

Any other readers on DS?

Comments

• clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    i've read it for a good few years, just got a gift subscription for my birthday this year so get it delivered straight to my door the day before it hits the shops
  • g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have done for well over 10 years now.

I've always wondered if anyone ever gets any money when they advertise in the "Eye Need" section?
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    g-bhxu wrote: »
    Have done for well over 10 years now.

I've always wondered if anyone ever gets any money when they advertise in the "Eye Need" section?

I have wondered about that too. Subscribed to PE for years.
  • oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to read it fairy regularly, but I've found it mainly boring over the last ten years. So, as it's no longer cheap I don't read it anymore.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oldhag wrote: »
    I used to read it fairy regularly, but I've found it mainly boring over the last ten years. So, as it's no longer cheap I don't read it anymore.

£1.50 once a fortnight is hardly pushing the boat out!

Another subscriber here and I find it far from "boring", I find it shocking there is so much corruption that, in general, goes completely un-reported elsewhere.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £1.50 once a fortnight is hardly pushing the boat out!

Another subscriber here and I find it far from "boring", I find it shocking there is so much corruption that, in general, goes completely un-reported elsewhere.

It's been £1.50 for about ten years now ! It sells over 200,000 copies every fortnight. The Fleet Street and BBC inside stuff is particularly worthwhile although I know some
    ''insiders'' use it to settle old scores.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    On my second year's subscription, having read it on and off for years.

It's still extremely well-written and it's good to see stuff that isn't covered by the mainstream media. They've done some stunningly good hatchet jobs - whoops, I mean special reports:blush: - in recent years, including a brilliantly researched piece on the clearly bent head of the Audit Commission.

There was a piece on the Paul Foot awards recently, which was a good reminder that there are still crusading journalists out there.

Essential reading.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to subscribe but now I only buy it if I'm going to be stuck on a train or plane for a few hours as it's cheap, light and is full of good content.