Options

Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BJgirl wrote: »
    i agree two weeks on crutches is too long IMO, thinking back to my years in orthopaedics the only conditions i can think of were following surgery or a break ! more questions that answers and only 34 days to go until the first show

You will have quite a good reference point BJ , but I suppose it could just possibly be something to do with the Jive injury , and the nerve that got trapped then, abnormal pressure in the spine can create pain down the sciatic nerve , causing pain right down the leg ages after the original injury , if its getting inflamed again , and that can take for ever to stop ,with rest , even as much as being on traction , My FiL was on traction for 6 weeks for it after a damaged spine years before , but which he had not felt , , but which must have left a scar or calcium growth over the damamged spot , as happens in fractures . Just a thought .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    yungathart wrote: »
    You will have quite a good reference point BJ , but I suppose it could just possibly be something to do with the Jive injury , and the nerve that got trapped then, abnormal pressure in the spine can create pain down the sciatic nerve , causing pain right down the leg ages after the original injury , if its getting inflamed again , and that can take for ever to stop ,with rest , even as much as being on traction , My FiL was on traction for 6 weeks for it after a damaged spine years before , but which he had not felt , , but which must have left a scar or calcium growth over the damamged spot , as happens in fractures . Just a thought .

True but either way its not looking good and so hope we are wrong
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i agree two weeks on crutches is too long IMO, thinking back to my years in orthopaedics the only conditions i can think of were following surgery or a break ! more questions that answers and only 34 days to go until the first show
    I think the worse thing is the not knowing if only they would be honest and say what is wrong as one of the first booked to see the show i think my show might be in jeopardy. :cry:

Thats quite a thought BJ , but you may be right , and even though Robin and Kristina are very nice I would not have booked to see them dance , as far as I am concerned they are incidental to the event , we three are only going because of Artem & Kara, dancing again . and there is the thought that it did say that the cast can be changed without notice , so I dont think that the show willl be cancelled if K & A are not on it , :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True but either way its not looking good and so hope we are wrong

True .:(.

I am off to town now , See you later .
  • Options
    silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    Morning ladies it is 11.11 am on Wednesday 2 May 2012. I have just received an E-mail advertising an event on 2 June 2012 in Blackpool. It must be the one Kristina mentioned when her event with Robin had to be cancelled. Well if Pasha, Katya, Lilya and Darren are dancing in Blackpool on 2 June, Pasha and Katya cannot be on the Oriana at the end of May beginning of June. No wonder the events organisers say subject to change!

The only positive sign from Artem was the wink smiley he put at the end of his tweet. Trying to reassure us? Trying to stay positive himself? Whatever the reason, I am sure he is sensible enough to not carry on with DWTSLV. As for the Hyde Park event and the tour, only time will tell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member

Lovely to watch the Botafogo Challenge again. Cannot see Artem doing that again for sometime.:cry: What is an arthroscopy?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lovely to watch the Botafogo Challenge again. Cannot see Artem doing that again for sometime.:cry: What is an arthroscopy?

Sent you a dm

Yes he will he is a pro he will be fine
  • Options
    dollysiddollysid Posts: 3,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is so much to worry about, but I've decided to cheer myself up thinking of the positives.:eek:

I thought Artem looked very happy in the LV photo.

I wouldn't have thought that Artem would have spent 6hrs hobbling around the shops (albeit on crutches) with Kara and Richard if he has such a serious knee injury that was likely to affect the DTTM tour.

He did put a little wink on his last tweet, and when he said talking to the doctors. Could that have meant that he was waiting to get the all clear? :confused:

Krisitina said she had a fab Skype chat with them and everyone was excited about the tour.

So fingers crossed! :eek:

Off to work shortly, hopefully Heather will get a sighting in LV and give us some good news.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope we see Artem in such good form again soon.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you for your PM BJgirl. Dollysid sounds a glass half full kind of girl.:) Going to use her logic. I too thought the wink smilie was a good sign.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I wonder if Kara has started rehearsals, some of Artems friends may be willing and he could sit and bark orders.:D

I suppose they will avoid hopping about on one leg dances like the jive!
    A nice sedate rumba would do me.::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your PM BJgirl. Dollysid sounds a glass half full kind of girl.:)

I do try! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dollysid wrote: »
    I do try! :p

He will be fine just need him back here so he isn't tempted to dance in Vegas again and we have our special agent in Vegas now so may get some even greater news
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KAbell wrote: »
    Hope we see Artem in such good form again soon.:)

Yep bouncing around like tigger again soon i bet :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So it was , I love his look in that vid , helooks so relaxed and happy , and his hair is just about perfect as well.

I assume BJ will explain to you what an arthrosopy is , but we hope he does not need one , that would be a worry , as they would be considering things he as a dancer can do without , so please lets not go down that road yet. Lets be positive for a while , I cant see a winking face on my laptop, but I can see the sign that something should be there , so if he wants us to have a smile and after sending us one then I will smile , for he is our Master and I will be at his command , what ever he asks , soooooo I will smile , But I am not going to stop praying all is well either :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yungathart wrote: »
    So it was , I love his look in that vid , helooks so relaxed and happy , and his hair is just about perfect as well.

I assume BJ will explain to you what an arthrosopy is , but we hope he does not need one , that would be a worry , as they would be considering things he as a dancer can do without , so please lets not go down that road yet. Lets be positive for a while , I cant see a winking face on my laptop, but I can see the sign that something should be there , so if he wants us to have a smile and after sending us one then I will smile , for he is our Master and I will be at his command , what ever he asks , soooooo I will smile , But I am not going to stop praying all is well either :):)

The wink smilie appeared when I copied his tweet across from twitter last night. Artem has to err on the side of caution. We know lots of people lurk and do not post, press included. I am an old cynic and don't believe in coincidences. Artem's tweet came just after we had been posting our concerns. Of course I don't know how many DMs and tweets he had received.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The wink smilie appeared when I copied his tweet across from twitter last night. Artem has to err on the side of caution. We know lots of people lurk and do not post, press included.

Exaclty and when he wants us to know whats what i am sure he will let us know. JUST HURRY UP ARTEM please :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The posts on the DWTS thread are a good distraction. Lots of lovely pics from Karma Ardent and others and vids from Lili27.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KAbell wrote: »
    Group hugs to group prayers now. Very anxious to know just how he is really doing? Sounds a bit ominous to me but hey lets be positive.
    I know I have said this before several times but why oh why did Artem go into that Vegas show when he knew he had this very special tour with Kara already lined up? He could have come home and been rehearsing with her once he got visa etc Such a shame. Not good for the stress levels.......:(

No its not , but if this is how we feel just imagine how they both must feel , apart from thank goodness kara is with him , which will add to their happiness , it must be a very tense time for them, and she can only smooth his furrowed brow and try to keep him smiling and wait .:(
  • Options
    wliag43wliag43 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exaclty and when he wants us to know whats what i am sure he will let us know. JUST HURRY UP ARTEM please :D

This is so true , as you say the lurkers come from all places , and not always for the best reasons .

We who devoted to him and Kara , forget , we think everyone is as genuine in their concern as we are , so we wait with hope , for as they say no news can mean GOOD news, :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wliag43 wrote: »

AWE Bless him !!!!!:)
This discussion has been closed.