Should Top Of The Pops return full time?

2»

Comments

• StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think yes, it would cut into the X Factor's niche as being the only place to see pop singers on TV at a convenient time apart from the one-a-week on Graham Norton and Jonathan Ross that arent even on all year round.

And it could have chart trivia and just a voiceover or something as opposed to an actual presenter like TOTP 2 does.
  • CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, Davina McCall has enough TV gigs already thank you.
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but it needs to be modernised in some ways.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benllech wrote: »
    Nah, not the same without Sir Jim.

...you mean the kids in the audience would be safe?...:eek:
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they'll definitely should. There is sod all live music on tv apart from the odd chat show and a few Jools Holland shows a year. You really can't compare YouTube with watching your favourite, say, American band singing their latest song on something like TOTP. For example Paramore did a brilliant version of their new song on Jonathan Ross the other day.
    I am loving the re runs from 1978 on BBC 4. Takes me right back, but I also like new stuff and would quite happily watch Paramore followed by Example then Jake Bugg, Katy Perry, Foals, etc, all together on one show.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Yes they'll definitely should. There is sod all live music on tv apart from the odd chat show and a few Jools Holland shows a year. You really can't compare YouTube with watching your favourite, say, American band singing their latest song on something like TOTP. For example Paramore did a brilliant version of their new song on Jonathan Ross the other day.
    I am loving the re runs from 1978 on BBC 4. Takes me right back, but I also like new stuff and would quite happily watch Paramore followed by Example then Jake Bugg, Katy Perry, Foals, etc, all together on one show.

Here, here! The only time I see live (chart) music performances nowadays is at the end of chat shows, which is only one performance, a show dedicated to that would be nice. Its surprising there aren't more, surely there's a market for it somewhere? :confused:

It would be cool if you could watch the show online, as I was remembering I tend to be quite shy about watching music shows on TV and would rather listen on headphones or wait to be on my own to watch it ( I'm weird, I know :o ). I definitely miss there being a show dedicated to live performances of chart music. I think if it were to come back, it'd be good if they banned music videos and insisted on live performances, no long drawn out interviews or other things inbetween either, just pure live performances - that'd be awesome :D maybe unlikely but cool none the less. Even if it was a shorter show, like 15-20 minutes, if they struggle to find artists that agree to appear live.
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think so! Maybe like twice a month or something with the months biggest hits.