✭✭
    It's from the T-Mobile number pool.

Thanks plymouthbloke :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Further details
    I am currently paying £36 a month for Unlimited Talk, text and 1GB of data. The guy said the deal would be the same.

Referring to quite an early post. I asked specifically if I would stay with Orange Care rather than Clone Phone and he said since the Handset was provided by Orange, even though I was with EE it would still be covered by Orange.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    coolmark18 wrote: »
    Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Further details
    I am currently paying £36 a month for Unlimited Talk, text and 1GB of data. The guy said the deal would be the same.

Referring to quite an early post. I asked specifically if I would stay with Orange Care rather than Clone Phone and he said since the Handset was provided by Orange, even though I was with EE it would still be covered by Orange.

Yep, that sounds about right. But as far as i'm aware you would need to sign up for another 18/24 months. So i'd ask them to confirm how long the contract is for. If 18 months then technically it's still a 24 month contract. If they want to sign you up for 24 months then it's technically a 30 month contract.

Orange care should still apply.

Is the £36pm with the discount? It sounds like they're giving you the double data deal. 500mb for new customers @ £36pm. 1GB for you.
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    If you move to EE you lose Orange Care. The clue is in the name as you will no longer be an Orange customer.

Just to summarise:

You can't keep Orange Care, you'll need to subscribe to Clone Phone.

You can't have 4G on Orange or T-Mobile.

There are no unlimited data plans.

When you move your bills will come from EE and may have a different bill cycle date (don't worry, this can be changed)

Anyone with Friends and Family discount will see this added from the second bill.

I'm sure the folks "above me" won't mind me clarifying these points :)

Hope this helps :)
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread
    Forum Member
    If you move to EE you lose Orange Care. The clue is in the name as you will no longer be an Orange customer.

Just to summarise:

You can't keep Orange Care, you'll need to subscribe to Clone Phone.

You can't have 4G on Orange or T-Mobile.

There are no unlimited data plans.

When you move your bills will come from EE and may have a different bill cycle date (don't worry, this can be changed)

Anyone with Friends and Family discount will see this added from the second bill.

I'm sure the folks "above me" won't mind me clarifying these points :)

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the post PB. Although unfortunatly it backs up the point of EE mis-selling to customers to get them to upgrade.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the post PB. Although unfortunatly it backs up the point of EE mis-selling to customers to get them to upgrade.

They must be on really good bonuses is all I can say :D :mad:
  • paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just ordered an HTC One to add on to my business account (4GEE). I got the following..

1000 minutes, 1000 texts and 4gb data a month for £33.25 + vat and the phone free. Existing customer loyalty they say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

100% agree with this. Even that or they have no idea and are making up as the go along.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    I'd like to thank everyone who cleared things up for me.

If a deal sounds too good to be true, then it probably is...
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    I'd just like to point out I don't work in sales, I'm tech support and billing so cannot and will not comment on any sales aspect as that is way out of my remit. All I have done is state the basics, which should help people :)
    Forum Member
    No worries. I understand how it is. I'm not expecting anyone to comment on it here.

I've read about other people (existing) being rung up and told they can have 30 day free trial of 4G MBB with a dongle. What they don't tell the customer is that it's a 24 month contract with the first 30 days free. When customers try to cancel they're told tough because they missed the first 14 days.

Shows how much the call centre guys are willing to mis-sell EE's 4G products.
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive just called EE to try and get an upgrade to 4GEE and I cant do it.

Aparently cos I have bought an S4 SIM free, that wasnt sourced through TMO or Orange, I cant migrate over.

I started my TMO Full Monty last year in May with an iPhone 4s. I sold that and bought an HTC One X (SIM free from CPW so I could get latest updates from HTC). I go through phones quite quickly and now have an LTE S4 and thought I could maybe make full use of it by getting a 4G plan from EE. No need for EE to give me a new phone, all I need is an LTE SIM and a new plan.

Apparently cant be done. Oh well.
    Forum Member
    Ive just called EE to try and get an upgrade to 4GEE and I cant do it.

Aparently cos I have bought an S4 SIM free, that wasnt sourced through TMO or Orange, I cant migrate over.

I started my TMO Full Monty last year in May with an iPhone 4s. I sold that and bought an HTC One X (SIM free from CPW so I could get latest updates from HTC). I go through phones quite quickly and now have an LTE S4 and thought I could maybe make full use of it by getting a 4G plan from EE. No need for EE to give me a new phone, all I need is an LTE SIM and a new plan.

Apparently cant be done. Oh well.

It can be done. If you want to upgrade to a sim only you'd have to pay off your contract with a 33% discount.

But the chances of getting a good deal (apart from standard price) is very very slim.

If you want to upgrade to a new phone then you can swap your iPhone 4s for an iPhone 5 for £99 + the upfront cost on the standard tariff. But you'd have to sign up for a further 24 months at standard price. EDIT: Just realised you sold your 4s so this options out the window now.

So you can do it.... but it's expensive no matter how you look at it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It can be done. If you want to upgrade to a sim only you'd have to pay off your contract with a 33% discount.

But the chances of getting a good deal (apart from standard price) is very very slim.

If you want to upgrade to a new phone then you can swap your iPhone 4s for an iPhone 5 for £99 + the upfront cost on the standard tariff. But you'd have to sign up for a further 24 months at standard price. EDIT: Just realised you sold your 4s so this options out the window now.

So you can do it.... but it's expensive no matter how you look at it.

Maybe I confused, I dont want a SIM only, I just want to migrate my existing TMO plan to EE4G so I can use LTE. I dont mind taking on an extra 12/18/24 month contract.

So basically, I just want to 'upgrade' my existing plan to an LTE plan. Dont want a new phone, just want a new LTE enabled SIM and LTE enabled plan.

The website suggests you can do it:

"IS YOUR PHONE READY FOR 4G?

If you have one of the phones below unlocked or locked on to T-Mobile or Orange, you can move to EE and enjoy 4G.

iPhone 5
    Blackberry Z10
    HTC One XL
    Huawei Ascend P1 LTE
    Nokia Lumia 820
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Samsung Galaxy S III LTE
    Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE
    Got an iPhone 5 that you bought elsewhere?
    If you bought your iPhone 5 from outside the UK, you need to make sure it’s a 'GSM model A1429', as the other versions won't work on our 4G network.

Got a 4G ready device other than the iPhone 5 that you bought elsewhere?

Unfortunately, due to these devices' configurations, they will not work on our 4G network if you didn’t buy them with Orange or T-Mobile or if you bought them abroad."

Ok, it doesnt mention the S4, but as the S4 is an LTE phone then cant see why that wont work. It was bought from Phones4U from their general stock that equally could of been used to sign up the next customer on an LTE EE plan.

EE Customer Service are saying as I have changed phone it cant be done as the handset (the S4) wasnt purchased through Orange or TMO yet the website says if you bought your iPhone5 from outside the UK ensure its the correct model.

All very strange TBH
    Forum Member
    Maybe I confused, I dont want a SIM only, I just want to migrate my existing TMO plan to EE4G so I can use LTE. I dont mind taking on an extra 12/18/24 month contract.

So basically, I just want to 'upgrade' my existing plan to an LTE plan. Dont want a new phone, just want a new LTE enabled SIM and LTE enabled plan.

You can't keep the same plan. EE4G an T-Mobile are totally septate. You can get unlimited data on T-Mobile but you can't get unlimited data on EE4G. So there is no way you can keep the same plan. You'd have to sign up to a new sim only with EE4G. For the price you're paying (£36pm?) you;d get Unl Calls/Texts and 5GB on anew 12 month contract.

The only way you can switch to that sim only EE4G contract in your current situation is by paying off your T-Mobile contract with a 33% discount and then signing up to a new EE4G tariff with a 12 or 24 month minimum term. The one quoted above is a 12 month term.

EE4G is (a rip off) more expensive than T-Mobile plans. Even if you bought your S4 from elsewhere you can still upgrade to EE4G, but like i said you'd have to pay off your current contract because you're still in contract. If you had your iPhone 4s it'd be different but you'd have to swap it for an iPhone 5 and sign up for a new 24 month contract anyway.

EE have tried to make it easy but they've confused customers and have just plain lied to them on some occasions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks jabbamk1... although to clarify, im not wanting the same plan, just to migrate to one that has LTE on it,even if its £50+ the website says it can be done.
  • david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coolmark18 wrote: »
    Sorry
    for taking so
    long to reply.

Further details
    I am currently paying £36 a month for Unlimited Talk, text and 1GB of
    data. The guy said the deal would be the same.

Referring to quite an early post. I asked specifically if I would stay
    with Orange Care rather than Clone Phone and he said since the Handset
    was provided by Orange, even though I was with EE it would still be
    covered by Orange.

That is really shocking. Virgin mobile have unlimited talk, unlimited
    text and unlimited data on a £15 per month VIP sim only contract.

So you could have 2 mobile phones for less than the monthly contract cost of orange and you don't have to
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david16 wrote: »

So you could have 2 mobile phones for less than the monthly contract cost of orange and you don't have to

No you couldn't as the offer you quoted from Virgin was SIM only. Therefore, you'd have to supply two phones to make the scenario you mentioned happen. The poster you quoted has the price of their phone bundled into the £36pm figure.
    Forum Member
    david16 wrote: »

You are so wrong. It costs £47pm for the same deal with a phone like the S4. And besides, Virgin have a fair use of 3.5GB.

So it's hardly a good comparison to the Orange deal.