Options

Whats Hotter In Bed?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    I'm of the toasty warm variety, hardly ever cold. I'm still wearing shorts to work, so no need for any extra warmth in bed. If we did need any, we'd just let the cats in. They are very warm, especially the kitten. They have higher body temperature for a while as youngsters.
  • Options
    sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    jesaya wrote: »
    Menopausal partner....

As a menopausal woman, I can generate enough heat for a small town.

Unfortunately, it's not a predictable output. So, when I'm not 'flushing', I like a wheatie. They warm up in the microwave and they're cuddly and squidgy. Keeps you warm till your cuddly squidgy old man gets to bed
  • Options
    calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sadoldbird wrote: »

Unfortunately, it's not a predictable output. So, when I'm not 'flushing', I like a wheatie. They warm up in the microwave and they're cuddly and squidgy. Keeps you warm till your cuddly squidgy old man gets to bed
    what are wheaties, never heard of them, like your squidgy though :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I'm warm enough in the winter with a 9 tog perfect balance duvet, part of the four seasons duvet (ie 2 duvets, a 4.5 tog and a 9 tog - that can be attached to one-another to make a 13.5 tog - but never need to use it like this - warm enough just with the 9 tog). In fact, still haven't changed from our summer duvet to the winter duvet. My OH is also a bit of hot water bottle!

Having just been out all morning - it really has changed to autumn today. It's suddenly really rather cold and blustery outside!! Leaves blowing everywhere, does this mean no more "Indian summer"? :(

My folks use a mattress topper to keep them warmer and cosier in bed and absolutely love it.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HWB would be just as bad if it burst :eek:

True. But I usually put it in the bed a couple of hours before I get in and so hopefully it's cooled down a bit by then. :D
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sadoldbird wrote: »

Do they stay warm all night though, for us poor souls who don't have a man, squidgy or otherwise ? :)
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    I generally like a cold bed, and always sleep with the window open, even in Winter.
    Bf is like a thermal generation plant though, so I get a hot bed whether I like it or not! :(

It's even worse in summer when I try to commandeer the 'cold bits' in the bed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    retro.ron wrote: »
    Now its colder in the evenings when you go to bed do you use a electric blanket or a water bottle mrs rr cuddles into me and says im her hot water bottle as i am always hot in bed:o

I cant get my head around electric blankets. The whole concept to me is strange.
    Why not wear some thermal underwear or use an extra non electric blanket?.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Memory foam topper. You sink in and it keeps you toasty.
  • Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant get my head around electric blankets. The whole concept to me is strange.
    Why not wear some thermal underwear or use an extra non electric blanket?.

Because that means a cold bed when you get into it. Electric blankets warm the bed up first, and all over, not just in one spot like a HWB. As long as you remember to switch them on that is.
    I have some very fond electric blanket memories from my childhood.

I wouldn't want one now though, I like my bed to be cold.
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    calamity wrote: »
    what are wheaties, never heard of them, like your squidgy though :p

I presume they are these. Hot water bottles but using wheat instead of water.

Just heat them in the microwave.
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    The cat and I share a 'Snugglesafe' (well I get 10% of it!:() which stays lovely and warm until morning. Just be careful you don't overheat it in the microwave as I believe they can melt..........:o:rolleyes
    I had one that melted. Or rather, cracked while it was being heated, and plastic stuff came out.

I got another one, but nowadays I prefer a hot water bottle in a cloth insulator. It's much quicker to heat the water in a kettle than to heat the Snugglesafe, and cheaper and greener too. The only problem is that they tell you not to put boiling water in them, but don't say why and don't say how hot the water is allowed to be.

I've not tried an electric blanket. Partly because in some ways I prefer low-tech solutions. An electric blanket won't work in a powercut, but a hot water bottle will if you can find any way to heat water (eg gas cooker).
  • Options
    antenna1antenna1 Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    I do not have these problems my house has climate control.
  • Options
    OcdGirlOcdGirl Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My OH is always warm in bed, we always sleep with the window open and he sometimes sleeps with just a sheet over him! :eek:

I like sleeping with a duvet over me but with a leg poking out, I dont know why but having one leg poking out acts like my "cooling stick" :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A steaming hot cup of wank sees me nice and snug.