Options

The Tennis Thread (Part 22)

Comments

• Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some great rallies in the Sharapova match!
  • Options
    Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    You are funny :D:D:D

Can't lie , I watch the men for tennis and the women for errrr women :)

I'm still hoping that Anna Kournakova makes a comeback tbh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    edy10 wrote: »
    But shouldn't the players in the WTA try to up their game ? Try to play better ?
    And BIB is it her fault if she is so good and other players are potentially mediocre/okay compared to her :confused:
    And why put the blame of the state of women tennis on Serena :confused:

It reminds me of when Navratilova was playing. People hate dominant players. Especially female players.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hilarious. Deuce AGAIN.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of women's tennis because of the screeching but this game is fascinating! :eek:
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The volume just keeps getting louder!
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lu is done. Roasted to a crisp
  • Options
    Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Break point for Sharapova after all those match points. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG they must be hearing this on centre court. It's so noisy.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Okay guys! I know people disagree with me but that's what I believe. I never denied how great a player Serena is. I've had the honour of getting to seeing her play in person and she was great. But I do think one of her biggest weapons is her intimidation and that does help her win matches against the top players more comfortably. To me, other players on the tour have the skill to beat Serena. No denying how great Serena is, but there's a lot of other players who are great as well and I geniunely believe that her intimidation is a factor. Not a popular opinion I guess, but that's how I feel.

Fair enough, that's your opinion, nothing wrong with that. I don't agree with it at all, but still your opinion, so no worries :)

Like I've said before, people slate the women's game because Serena has been so dominant. Truth be told, for me it's in great shape. There's some fabulous players out there but they've all just happened to come along in an era where we're witnessing possibly the greatest female that's graced the game in Serena. Nothing should ever be taken away from the other women, some absolute quality female players around today, Serena's talent and dominance over time shouldn't ever mask that.

Anyway, this game is immense! I'm not sure what I want...do I want another set of this brilliant tennis or do I want De Brito to pull it off?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    Not a fan of women's tennis because of the screeching but this game is fascinating! :eek:

It's excellent. Amazing points.

The noise isn't bothering me its that good :eek:
  • Options
    topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else Screaming along for the sake of it :D
  • Options
    louloubelle1978louloubelle1978 Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you been injured at work? Fallen over on grass? Then call Injury Lawyers 4 U. Andrew Castle is at our call centre now to take your call and see if you have a case.

Just had to come and post that this is brilliant!:D:D:D
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member
    And Sharapova is out :eek:

Serena Williams must be smiling right now...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maria is out:eek:
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Ova and out.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few days ago we were thinking about a Nadal/Fed and Murray/Tsonga quaterfinals and now everything has been turned on its head!!

Sharapova's game is so one dimensional. You never see her doing any drop-shots/backhand slices or any lobs to get Serena moving out of her comfotzone. It's just serve, grunt, forehand, grunt, backhand then more grunting. :rolleyes: But the likes of Stephens/Bouchard/Keys look good so all is not lost for WTA!

Her record against Serena for example is embarrassing. What is it now ? 13-2 ? Awful !!! Till this day, I don't understand why she keeps playing a one-dimensional game especially when she faces Serena !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maria is out. Another casualty of way. What a shock.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    yesssssss!
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow!!
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The women's draw gets more interesting, Masha and Vika out
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Larcher De Brito GSM

Sharapova falls.

If Laura was on cloud 9 yesterday, this girl must be really really happy.
  • Options
    Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done De Brito she's done it. :p Sharapova is out, :eek:, I thought she could win it this year. Bloody good match though.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few days ago we were thinking about a Nadal/Fed and Murray/Tsonga quaterfinals and now everything has been turned on its head!!

Sharapova's game is so one dimensional. You never see her doing any drop-shots/backhand slices or any lobs to get Serena moving out of her comfortzone. It's just serve, grunt, forehand, grunt, backhand then more grunting. :rolleyes: But the likes of Stephens/Bouchard/Keys look good so all is not lost for WTA!

At this year's RG final, Maria WAS playing with a bit of variety in places and it worked well. She lost 4-6 4-6 but it was a lot more competitive than her usual matches against Serena. I think she knows she has to do that more, in future.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Lu had a fortune Cookie on that one"
    :eek:
This discussion has been closed.