Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• andalgandalg Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Deschanel wrote: »
    FYI for all those wondering what special gift Ben had: Libby discovered he was a talented writer. Apparently he wrote brilliant, Pulitzer Prize winning stories. I think it was the most random School Of The Gifted exit ever.

Back to today: I felt sorry for Terese. I liked that scene with her and Josh at the table, where he expressed concern for his parents, and admitted to being freaked out by the prospect of Brad's long-lost daughter.

They haven't explained why Lou is learning that language have they? Or what language he's learning? Seems random.

He's supposed to be learning Khmer spoken in Cambodia where his daughter is working and where he goes to help her in an orphanage, I think
  • Jaggy2409Jaggy2409 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Fee77 wrote: »
    Bentheshit :D that made me laugh. Where did he go to in the end? was it something to do with music? I guess he will be back again when Libby returns, don't think it's the same one though, thankfully.
    Yes Ben returns & goes back to Erinsborough High & also becomes friends with Bailey, as seen in BTS Videos on Youtube.
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FYI for all those wondering what special gift Ben had: Libby discovered he was a talented writer. Apparently he wrote brilliant, Pulitzer Prize winning stories. I think it was the most random School Of The Gifted exit ever.

random is not the word! Ben being a Pulitzer prize winner is up there with Callum being a computer genius!
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    I see Neighbours have managed to churn out yet another random school bully, who'll cause trouble for the main young characters for a few weeks before disappearing and never being mentioned ever again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    I see Neighbours have managed to churn out yet another random school bully, who'll cause trouble for the main young characters for a few weeks before disappearing and never being mentioned ever again.

So odd to think that Kyle was once the random school bully, wish he permanently stays in Thailand :(
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So odd to think that Kyle was once the random school bully, wish he permanently stays in Thailand :(

And Stonefish. And Toadie at one point wasn't he?
  • laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Stonefish. And Toadie at one point wasn't he?

Yes both of them. Toadie was a nasty piece of work back in the day - hard to believe now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes both of them. Toadie was a nasty piece of work back in the day - hard to believe now!

Never trust a man with a mullet!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I feel like I've missed an episode (and I'm positive I haven't) but where on earth did this storyline spring from? One minute Bailey was just an awkward happy kid, next he gets pushed on the floor and now he's an bad tempered alky supplying booze like a brewery to avoid being beaten up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I've missed an episode (and I'm positive I haven't) but where on earth did this storyline spring from? One minute Bailey was just an awkward happy kid, next he gets pushed on the floor and now he's an bad tempered alky supplying booze like a brewery to avoid being beaten up.

And the angelic Callum , having taken credit for an app Bailey surely helped him with, is now following in h is nosy mother's footsteps with Bailey!

Sonya was insufferable as usual today - granted Naomi's date was not ideal but Sonya could have kept her gob shut. She obviously didn't want to go - rather spend the time treating Brennan like a baby who needed to be fed in his high chair- and I'm glad Toadie gave her a piece of his mind!

As for her 'projects' - yes, Jacob has gone but she seems to have ditched Patricia and GA meetings, not to mention her blog. Gurrgh! She's a pain! Go Toadie!
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,741
    Forum Member
    Sonya was insufferable as usual today - granted Naomi's date was not ideal but Sonya could have kept her gob shut. She obviously didn't want to go - rather spend the time treating Brennan like a baby who needed to be fed in his high chair- and I'm glad Toadie gave her a piece of his mind!
    Naomi's date was a fraud, and describing him as 'not ideal' is an understatement. If I had been Sonya, I wouldn't have said anything... well, eventually I would, but I would have removed myself from the situation, much like Sonya eventually did with Brennan, and left. I really don't blame Sonya for being agitated by him.

The thing is though, Toadie criticising Sonya for talking to Brennan, I feel, is hypocritical. He would have done exactly the same thing if one of his mates or clients came up to him and asked to talk to him for a minute. And lets not forget that he chose to support Steph, jeopardising his relationship with Sonya to the point of fabricating an elaborate lie. I feel Toadie has his own issues that he's yet to acknowledge concerning Sonya and her addictive nature. I do wonder how this story would have played out had Lucas & Vanessa stuck around, especially after Toadie's pep talk to Vanessa about life with an addict.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naomi's date was a fraud, and describing him as 'not ideal' is an understatement. If I had been Sonya, I wouldn't have said anything... well, eventually I would, but I would have removed myself from the situation, much like Sonya eventually did with Brennan, and left. I really don't blame Sonya for being agitated by him.

The thing is though, Toadie criticising Sonya for talking to Brennan, I feel, is hypocritical. He would have done exactly the same thing if one of his mates or clients came up to him and asked to talk to him for a minute. And lets not forget that he chose to support Steph, jeopardising his relationship with Sonya to the point of fabricating an elaborate lie. I feel Toadie has his own issues that he's yet to acknowledge concerning Sonya and her addictive nature. I do wonder how this story would have played out had Lucas & Vanessa stuck around, especially after Toadie's pep talk to Vanessa about life with an addict.

Granted, he would have talked to a client, but Sonya is constantly putting her 'pet projects' before her family, which Toadie doesn't do. The way she told hime to get the door because she was busy treating Brennan like a baby……………..

I don't blame Toadie for getting fed up - Sonya expects him to make allowances for her need to be Mother Theresa but she's not prepared to put herself out for him! Hi did support Steph but that was before he and Sonya got together. Sorry, I don't like the woman, I think she's too full of herself.

It'll end in tears!
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonya is the most annoying interfering busybody do-gooder on Ramsey Street.

Make her stop.
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Sonya is the most annoying interfering busybody do-gooder on Ramsey Street.

Make her stop.

Actually I think Imogen has that title now.

All the annoying whiny-ness of Lisa Simpson but with the arrogance of assuming a new guy must fancy her because he's a kooky zany type who likes taking pictures.
    And how dare her dad let her down, HE'S NOT THE HERO I EXPECTED HIM TO BEEEE MY WORLD IS SHATTERED :(

Somehow Imogen and Amber have done an annoyingness transfer. Amber seems up with the chilled out vibe and mature advice and Imogen has been self centred, vain and deluded with her stupid crush on Detective Mark Brennan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I think Imogen has that title now.

All the annoying whiny-ness of Lisa Simpson but with the arrogance of assuming a new guy must fancy her because he's a kooky zany type who likes taking pictures.
    And how dare her dad let her down, HE'S NOT THE HERO I EXPECTED HIM TO BEEEE MY WORLD IS SHATTERED :(

Somehow Imogen and Amber have done an annoyingness transfer. Amber seems up with the chilled out vibe and mature advice and Imogen has been self centred, vain and deluded with her stupid crush on Detective Mark Brennan.

Imogen does seem t o have had a personality change - down to the writers! She was a really good character at first - easily the best of the new teens- but they are ruining her. Please stop!

But NOBODY could possibly be as annoying as Sonya! Interfering busybody, sanctimonious, self-centred, opinionated, bad dress sense - need I go on? If Toadie dips his pen in another inkwell I for one will find it hard to blame him!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great, now Sonya's getting her skirts up around her elbows because Callum wants to leave. She does my head in.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,741
    Forum Member
    Imogen has been self centred, vain and deluded with her stupid crush on Detective Mark Brennan.
    I think we saw some of the old Imogen today, in that scene with Callum - calm, kind and giving him sensible advice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we saw some of the old Imogen today, in that scene with Callum - calm, kind and giving him sensible advice.

Let's hope the old Imogen returns full-time!
  • InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    Watching this weeks Oz pace

Libbyyyyyy :D:D:D
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,566
    Forum Member
    fiagomez wrote: »
    i do not like this new imogen :(

i used to really like her, but today she made me want to punch the tv!! >:(

Yes, she's obviously still a kid, but talks to Mark and gives him advice as though they're equal adults. I know it's only a soap, but it makes me squirm!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First Bailey and now Imogen, it's as though the writers have decided on random personality changes for characters who's names they draw out of a hat :D

I think Naomi is probably my favourite character now

Anyone watching at Oz pace know if this seemingly never ending storyline with finding Kate's killer shows any sign of wrapping up?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Yes, she's obviously still a kid, but talks to Mark and gives him advice as though they're equal adults. I know it's only a soap, but it makes me squirm!

She's 18, just a year younger than Kate was when she and Brennan first got it on as far as I remember.

I don't think it helps that she's tiny and still looks like a fifteen year old.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    smfan123 wrote: »
    Anyone watching at Oz pace know if this seemingly never ending storyline with finding Kate's killer shows any sign of wrapping up?
    Yes! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    Yes! ;)

Fantastic!!! thank you very much :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    But NOBODY could possibly be as annoying as Sonya! Interfering busybody, sanctimonious, self-centred, opinionated, bad dress sense - need I go on? If Toadie dips his pen in another inkwell I for one will find it hard to blame him!

Could not agree more!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.