A football bet

LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
Forum Member
How much should I get back, £5.50 or £13 ?
The result was 3-1 to Chelsea, Burnley scored first.

http://s30.postimg.org/59j5pc875/Betfred_Bet.jpg

Comments

• mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    5.50 as only your 3-1 score was correct
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    5.50 as only your 3-1 score was correct

Might as well not have bothered.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This your first time betting?
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £5.50
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    I thought either result would pay £13 .... that is what the slip states, 'bet returns: £13'.
    It does not say bet returns £5.50 underneath the 3-1 result, why not ?

The different bets have a dotted line separating them, there is no dotted line between the 3-1 and 3-2 result which makes it one bet.
  • detroitcitydetroitcity Posts: 4,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LION8TIGER wrote: »
    I thought either result would pay £13 .... that is what the slip states, 'bet returns: £13'.

The different bets have a dotted line separating them, there is no dotted line between the 3-1 and 3-2 result which makes it one bet.

It's 2 bets.

2 x 50p singles.

I don't know why it only mentions the higher payout but regardless of that you will be only be getting £5.50 as mentioned.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 26,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's surely obvious that you can't have an accumulator on two different scorelines for the same match.
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1988 European Championships - first bet on football as I was on holiday and my brother talked me into it. Semi Finals. Bet a whole pound :o on the underdogs winning 2-1 and 2-0 or 2-0 and 2-1 (two accumulator bets). I think the odds were 11-1 and 12-1...

First one came in. The next evening, I started watching the second semi as my family rightly went down the pub. Before the hour was up, the Soviet Union went 2-0 up which is what I wanted. Got nervous and turned the telly off. Turned back on half an hour later and saw fans on the pitch and it seemed like an age before they showed the full time score. Which was still 2-0.

I didn't earn much in those days so very much enjoyed the rest of my holiday with an extra £133 in my pocket!

Haven't really bet on football since :D
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member

not that its possible to be a single bet on two different scores for the same match , but even if it was you would then be getting nothing as one half of the bet was wrong
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    TheSloth wrote: »
    1988 European Championships - first bet on football as I was on holiday and my brother talked me into it. Semi Finals. Bet a whole pound :o on the underdogs winning 2-1 and 2-0 or 2-0 and 2-1 (two accumulator bets). I think the odds were 11-1 and 12-1...

First one came in. The next evening, I started watching the second semi as my family rightly went down the pub. Before the hour was up, the Soviet Union went 2-0 up which is what I wanted. Got nervous and turned the telly off. Turned back on half an hour later and saw fans on the pitch and it seemed like an age before they showed the full time score. Which was still 2-0.

I didn't earn much in those days so very much enjoyed the rest of my holiday with an extra £133 in my pocket!

Haven't really bet on football since :D

You were diddled - a £1 double on odds of 11s and 12s pays £156
  • LION8TIGERLION8TIGER Posts: 8,484
    Forum Member
    This your first time betting?

No my first bet ever was while working in a local bookies in 1969.
    I put on a 4/- (20p) tote treble and won more than £25. Beginners luck for sure.
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JBO wrote: »
    You were diddled - a £1 double on odds of 11s and 12s pays £156

It could well have been that much. - I can't remember the exact amount so re-calculated - I can remember the look on the bookie's face though (it was a very small Devon office) :)