albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meteorology! My job :D
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the new Chaser is still under wraps! makes you wonder if the reveal the other day was a slip up in editing?
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Shame he doesn't live up to the name of the character whose glasses he's wearing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the new Chaser is still under wraps! makes you wonder if the reveal the other day was a slip up in editing?

I'm thinking the same. We haven't heard a peep about it since!
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    300 pairs of shoes? Why....?

You're a fella. You wouldn't understand. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're a fella. You wouldn't understand. ;-)

Too bloody right I don't! :D
  • Options
    ScrumperScrumper Posts: 3,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No mention of the new chaser... I assume that confirms that the shows are not shown in the order they're shot.
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too bloody right I don't! :D

Let's just say that I don't see the fascination of watching twenty grown men chasing a lump of leather around a field while two others stand about, watching them. But I know that it takes all sorts. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Waltons :o here Igor :D
  • Options
    lost_one1990lost_one1990 Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I am in love with Matthew, he's super cute :blush:

He likes Eurovision too! :blush:
  • Options
    Daniel DareDaniel Dare Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What type of stinging insect is a [forgotten name]?
    Answer: a monkey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was The Beatles too!!
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was The Beatles too!!

I think they did a version in the 60s.
  • Options
    GameshowGeekGameshowGeek Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I am in love with Matthew, he's super cute :blush:

He likes Eurovision too! :blush:

Been stalking forums for years, thought I'd join when I saw this comment.

Hi I'm Matthew. You're much more polite and kinder than the people on Twitter :)
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi I'm Matthew. You're much more polite and kinder than the people on Twitter :)

Did you call Shaun gorgeous? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did you call Shaun gorgeous? :D

Yerp, that was me :D
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yerp, that was me :D

lol :D That was hilarious.
  • Options
    Forum Member

:o Oh wow, hello!!! Not in a million years did I think you would see that haha! :blush:

I thought you were awesome on the show tonight! :D You're super cute!

Also- the Eurovision forum on here is fantastic to follow if you haven't been browsing already! xD I really want to go to the contest haha!

What are people on Twitter saying?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :o Oh wow, hello!!! Not in a million years did I think you would see that haha! :blush:

I thought you were awesome on the show tonight! :D You're super cute!

Also- the Eurovision forum on here is fantastic to follow if you haven't been browsing already! xD I really want to go to the contest haha!

What are people on Twitter saying?

Haha thanks. Yer I cant really say what everyone was saying on twitter, but if you type in "Matthew The Chase" you get a good idea, but I dont mind it, its funny. My favourite one was someone saying 'He wants a deposit on a house with £2,000? Wheres he buying it? Albania?'

Ive had a look at the Eurovision forums also, im sure I'll be posting in there eventually!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haha thanks. Yer I cant really say what everyone was saying on twitter, but if you type in "Matthew The Chase" you get a good idea, but I dont mind it, its funny. My favourite one was someone saying 'He wants a deposit on a house with £2,000? Wheres he buying it? Albania?'

Ive had a look at the Eurovision forums also, im sure I'll be posting in there eventually!

Just had a look and wow, what absolute idiots! I thought you were brilliant and it makes a change to see cute guys on the chase! :P You especially did really well in the last round! Just ignore the people on twitter, they are just jealous. :P

I've never seen a Eurovision fan on there before either so woo! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sorry, new laptop lead to double post
  • Options
    Boz_LowdownlBoz_Lowdownl Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a look and wow, what absolute idiots! I thought you were brilliant and it makes a change to see cute guys on the chase! :P You especially did really well in the last round! Just ignore the people on twitter, they are just jealous. :P

I've never seen a Eurovision fan on there before either so woo! :D

A bit OTT, he did take the minus offer and could easily have got through with his cash builder amount. And though he did get some right in the final chase he also got quite a few wrong which others in the team may have known. (Sorry Matthew, :) )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A bit OTT, he did take the minus offer and could easily have got through with his cash builder amount. And though he did get some right in the final chase he also got quite a few wrong which others in the team may have known. (Sorry Matthew, :) )

It's a gamble though isn't it? :P You don't know what the questions are going to be like before you accept the offer, and I agree with Shaun- he made the right decision really because having three of them in the final chase rather than two will have given them a stronger chance in the long run.

In hindsight it was obviously the wrong decision, but when you have no idea what the questions are going to be, I think it was quite sensible in this case to take the lower offer to increase the chance of getting through to the final chase.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thats completely fair comment to make, my confidence on shows is still shattered after I appeared on 15 to 1 last year and got 1 question right in 3 shows, I just wanted to make the final chase, and my plan was to always take the minus offer, as horrible as it sounds.

But I just wanted to get there, you dont win any money if youre not in the final chase. I do also admit I was eager, however the only time I buzzed in and got it wrong and Tim knew it was right at the end with the final question when I answered Tracy Emin. The other two were lovely about it, and told me they didnt mind me taking the -£1,000. But wanted to give me the confidence to go for the 3k, when asked their opinion.
This discussion has been closed.