Strictly V: EastEnders vs Emmerdale vs Coronation Street

I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
Forum Member
✭✭
After a rather long hiatus from the forums and with the increased activity on here at present, I've decided to make another attempt at writing a fantasy series on here. However, this time there's a twist.

Strictly V, despite sounding like a fashion line, is a new series which pits sixteen celebrities from the same field against one another. For series one, the theme is soapstars (sorry, Danny!) and the season will see sixteen of the most loved actors and actresses from across the soaps compete against one another in what looks to be one of the most competitive seasons in Strictly history.

However, I want your input. I have chosen twelve celebrities for the show, all of whom are currently appearing on one of EastEnders, Emmerdale or Coronation Street, but as I said before, sixteen celebrities will be taking to the floor this series. From the list below, you will be able to vote for four wildcards: who have all (at the time of writing) departed their respective shows. So without further ado; here are your wildcards.

Wildcards
Charlie Brooks | 34 | Janine Butcher on EastEnders
Martine McCutcheon | 39 | Tiffany Mitchell on EastEnders
John Partridge | 43 | Christian Clarke on EastEnders
David Witts | 23 | Joey Branning on EastEnders
Sammy Winward | 29 | Katie Sugden on Emmerdale
Verity Rushworth | 29 | Donna Windsor on Emmerdale
Tom Lister | 37 | Carl King on Emmerdale
Jason Merrells | 46 | Declan Macey on Emmerdale
Shobna Gulati | 48 | Sunita Alahan on Coronation Street
Sacha Parkinson | 23 | Sian Powers on Coronation Street
Chris Fountain | 27 | Tommy Duckworth on Coronation Street
Adam Rickitt | 37 | Nick Tilsley on Coronation Street

Please rank the above from 12-1 with (12 - favourite, 1 - least) by 11PM tonight. I will then announce which four wildcards have secured enough votes to make it into the final line-up of Strictly V and whom will therefore join the twelve other soap stars who shall be unveiled over the course of the next few days.

Comments

• DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone pass the gin... Then just pour it...
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Someone pass the gin... Then just pour it...

Straight into your mouth? ;-)
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    Straight into your mouth? ;-)

...through a funnel! XD

I'll follow but not sure I'll vote since I can't vote them all bottom... ;)
  • I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's hoping the Strictly bosses take note of such an iconic idea and have a 'soap star' special series this year.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see you back Jess. I'll send my vote in shortly (although I did say this for Danny's game and I haven't voted in that yet either). :p

I hope a certain Miss Turner is in the cast. Hint to Danny: If she is, vote her top.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see you back Jess. I'll send my vote in shortly (although I did say this for Danny's game and I haven't voted in that yet either). :p

I hope a certain Miss Turner is in the cast. Hint to Danny: If she is, vote her top.

If I confirm the identity of #TeamEastEnders now, which may or may not include Lacey Turner, would that encourage you to vote quicker? ;-)
  • AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team Emmerdale! Looking forward to this Jess. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lines are now closed. Results tomorrow. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lines are now closed. Results tomorrow. :)

Hoping and praying my hotties are through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contestant clues

Female
    We've seen this lady before... and she's quite a fox.
    This woman definitely has a huge fan on this forum: will she be a dancing queen?
    She certainly sounds familiar... will her dancing be up to scratch?
    This babe has been down under, we hope that she's not down at the bottom of the leaderboard though!
    You'll find this beauty in the underworld; although she's yet to find her king.
    The price was right for this woman; but how soon will she be making a return to her day job?

Male
    He might be the new boy in his soap, but he's definitely a cut above the rest.
    His on-screen son may be a rude boy, but this man is far from it: some may say he's the Ballroom prince.
    This man may be used to bare-knuckle fighting, although we wonder if that means his dancing will be on par with the competition.
    He's quite handy around the farm, this one. But will he watch his chances of victory go down in flames?
    Clearly a fan of Family Fortunes, this man would do anything if it meant he was accepted.
    This man will be hoping that his scores go North, rather than south...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Contestant clues

Female
    We've seen this lady before... and she's quite a fox. TAMEKA EMPSON
    This woman definitely has a huge fan on this forum: will she be a dancing queen? LACEY TURNER
    She certainly sounds familiar... will her dancing be up to scratch?
    This babe has been down under, we hope that she's not down at the bottom of the leaderboard though!
    You'll find this beauty in the underworld; although she's yet to find her king. ALISON KING
    The price was right for this woman; but how soon will she be making a return to her day job? CATHERINE TYLDESLEY

Male
    He might be the new boy in his soap, but he's definitely a cut above the rest.
    His on-screen son may be a rude boy, but this man is far from it: some may say he's the Ballroom prince. NITIN GANATRA
    This man may be used to bare-knuckle fighting, although we wonder if that means his dancing will be on par with the competition. MICHAEL PARR
    He's quite handy around the farm, this one. But will he watch his chances of victory go down in flames? KELVIN FLETCHER
    Clearly a fan of Family Fortunes, this man would do anything if it meant he was accepted. LES DENNIS
    This man will be hoping that his scores go North, rather than south... MIKEY NORTH

Guesses!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guesses!

8/9 right. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and the one who sounds familiar is Natalie Anderson and the new boy is Jonny Labey. ;)

A very youthful cast so far Jess. I'm sure Danny was hoping that Barbara Windsor would be taking part.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and the one who sounds familiar is Natalie Anderson and the new boy is Jonny Labey. ;)

A very youthful cast so far Jess. I'm sure Danny was hoping that Barbara Windsor would be taking part.

All of this season's cast is under 50 (that's right, Arlene V Alesha ageism row has got nothing on this!) as I wanted a genuinely competitive series where there were no obvious duffers/first eliminees.

*looks at Gregg Wallace*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wildcard results
    1st. Tom Lister - 12.18%
    2nd. Verity Rushworth - 11.54%
    3rd. Charlie Brooks - 10.68%
    =4th. Chris Fountain - 9.62%
    =4th. David Witts - 9.62%
    6th. Sammy Winward - 8.12%
    7th. Jason Merrells - 7.69%
    8th. John Partridge - 7.48%
    9th. Martine McCutcheon - 7.26%
    10th. Sacha Parkinson - 6.20%
    11th. Shobna Gulati - 4.91%
    12th. Adam Rickitt - 4.70%

As you can see, the original plan of the two highest scoring males/females going through has been disgruntled by the fact that Chris Fountain and David Witts were tied with 9.62% of the vote. Therefore, I've made the decision to allow them both through so that the total number of contestants will instead be taken up to seventeen. Congratualtions to Tom Lister, Verity Rushworth, Charlie Brooks, Chris Fountain and David Witts who are your Strictly V wildcards!

The rest of the cast will be announced in due course - and the cast announcement will see the unveling of each celebrities official cast portrait!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleased to see Tom and Verity there! Chris though :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cast announcement
    Alison King | 42 | Carla Connor on Coronation Street
    Catherine Tyldesley | 31 | Eva Price on Coronation Street
    Charlie Brooks | 34 | Janine Butcher on EastEnders
    Chris Fountain | 27 | Tommy Duckworth on Coronation Street
    David Witts | 23 | Joey Branning on EastEnders
    Gemma Atkinson | 30 | Carly Hope on Emmerdale
    Jonny Labey | 22 | Paul Coker on EastEnders
    Kelvin Fletcher | 31 | Andy Sugden on Emmerdale
    Lacey Turner | 27 | Stacey Branning on EastEnders
    Michael Parr | 28 | Ross Barton on Emmerdale
    Mikey North | 27 | Gary Windass on Coronation Street
    Natalie Anderson | 33 | Alicia Metcalfe on Emmerdale
    Nitin Ganatra | 47 | Masood Ahmed on EastEnders
    Oliver Farnworth | 32 | Andy Carver on Coronation Street
    Tameka Empson | 38 | Kim Fox-Hubbard on EastEnders
    Tom Lister | 37 | Carl King on Emmerdale
    Verity Rushworth | 29 | Donna Windsor on Emmerdale
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am in the awkward predicament now where I want to support Lacey and all of the hotties well. WHO AM I SUPPOSED TO VOTE TOP!? :(

Great cast though Jess, and I love the cast portraits. Even if Lacey does look miserable in hers. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queen Alison and Tom are my early favs. I'm still not over that **** killing off Carl King. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Queen Alison and Tom are my early favs. I'm still not over that **** killing off Carl King. :cry:

That's Stuart Blackburn for you. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dennisboy wrote: »
    That's Stuart Blackburn for you. >:(

I'd happily stick his hat where the sun doesn't shine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lacey is third though, right? ;) I was actually more pissed off the way the killed of Carl. He went from attempted rapist to panto villain 'I AM INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!!!' in the space of 20 minutes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lacey is third though, right? ;) I was actually more pissed off the way the killed of Carl. He went from attempted rapist to panto villain 'I AM INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!!!' in the space of 20 minutes.

Don't! At least when Carl killed his Dad (and the, err, others) you could actually root for him - they hadn't been intentional and he was ultimately a very flawed, but decent person. It was one of the rare cases in Soaps where they'd made a murderer layered and allowed the audience to still be invested in him.

Then suddenly, because *** *** wanted to be the one to kill him off, Carl was so obsessed with Chas that he was willing to rape her and just...I'm still not over it. :cry:

(Oh, and, of course Lacey is third. Firmly behind the two Kings though.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't! At least when Carl killed his Dad (and the, err, others) you could actually root for him - they hadn't been intentional and he was ultimately a very flawed, but decent person. It was one of the rare cases in Soaps where they'd made a murderer layered and allowed the audience to still be invested in him.

Then suddenly, because *** *** wanted to be the one to kill him off, he was so obsessed with Chas that he was willing to rape her and just...I'm still not over it. :cry:

Neither am I. :cry: It was just so out of character.

The ******** Blackburn ruined Emmerdale when he ran it, and I quit Corrie after watching for 20 years because of him. >:(

Even his face irritates me. >:( His general refusal to realise how shit he is at running a soap does too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Danny gets the fright of his life when he opens this thread with such highly worded soap opinions and thinks he has ventured into what must be his idea of hell.