Should Diana Dance?

sylsyl Posts: 1,373
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is Louis right, should she dance? I personally think as a would be pop star she has to attempt to give some sort of performance . I find the hand movements very odd and she needs to wear shoes. lol

Comments

• Over By Yer!Over By Yer! Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she shouldn't sing that's for sure!
  • suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen some pics in her friends bebo profile, where she pretends doing some pole dancing. Would that help ?
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope I don't understand where Louis is coming from on that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not after watching her move around on stage last night.

It was painfully calculated and unnatural
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    syl wrote: »
    Is Louis right, should she dance? I personally think as a would be pop star she has to attempt to give some sort of performance . I find the hand movements very odd and she needs to wear shoes. lol

Louis is wrong. Certainly not the first time that has been said. But the idea that every act should be able to dance is as annoyingly wrong as the idea that theme weeks show "versatility".

Some acts suit the person dancing around non-stop and some dont.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »

Same here. Time he retired.
  • SomebodytoLoveSomebodytoLove Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neelia wrote: »

I understand.
    She is the only contestant who has not moved in time to the music.
    She just stands there not unlike a spare part.
  • roguemarieroguemarie Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not this old chesnut, Diana is a singer not a peformer like Alex, people like Bob Dylan don't dance
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woodoak wrote: »
    Same here. Time he retired.

I agree. He has lost all sense of what people like in the Music Industry. An Industry which is very versatile btw Louis. :rolleyes: Even room for Westlife. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i like how diana just walks around it makes her different from everyone else, it gets boring when someone comes out and dances everyweek. I think its the type of songs Diana sings which means she cant dance, you can hardly dance to im not a girl not yet a woman. She sorta danced in call me though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    I understand.
    She just stands there not unlike a spare part.

I concur! She doesn't perform at all. For me, I don't see much personality on stage unlike Alex & JLS. Daniel even had a prescence on stage (I know I've spelt that wrong).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've to disagree with that, her hands moves in no connection with the music. Yesterday she tried to hold the mic stand with the left hand, but failed.

Bring back Dainel to make a perfect final with craps!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she can't be any worse at dancing then she is at singing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roguemarie wrote: »
    Not this old chesnut, Diana is a singer not a peformer like Alex, people like Bob Dylan don't dance

Can you imagine Pavarotti having danced, or Frank Sinatra, or Katy Meluia. The list is endless. Katy Meluia (sp) never dances, just strums a guitar and sings angst ridden songs and sells many many records. Definitely commercial. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    Can you imagine Pavarotti having danced, or Frank Sinatra, or Katy Meluia. The list is endless. Katy Meluia (sp) never dances, just strums a guitar and sings angst ridden songs and sells many many records. Definitely commercial. :rolleyes:

But Pavarotti didn't go on a show called X Factor. He had an amazing voice unlike Diana who is just average really. I just find it unfair that she's got so far when other talent such as Joelle and Hannah didn't get through.
  • Blue RainBlue Rain Posts: 1,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angell1995 wrote: »
    i like how diana just walks around it makes her different from everyone else, it gets boring when someone comes out and dances everyweek. I think its the type of songs Diana sings which means she cant dance, you can hardly dance to im not a girl not yet a woman. She sorta danced in call me though

You're right. It does make her different from everyone else. Everyone has had difficult choreography at least once yet all Diana does is walk around waving her hands about and screeching.

She didn't dance in "Call Me" unless you consider sitting on a couch for a minute and then standing up and shaking your knee dancing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres a difference between a singer and a performer, and diana isn't a performer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Well, I don't know about 'dance' exactly, she'd look pretty odd doing a big routine, but I think she needs to reign in in with all the sitting down - unless she's being sponsered by DFS!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

None of those people are taking part in a Saturday night entertainment programme.
    Surely you aren't comparing a wannabee to any of those truly talented people?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xmiffyx wrote: »
    But Pavarotti didn't go on a show called X Factor. He had an amazing voice unlike Diana who is just average really. I just find it unfair that she's got so far when other talent such as Joelle and Hannah didn't get through.

Whoever they were, they were judged fairly by four people not to be entertaining enough. Diana has been fairly voted for by the GBP, just has the other final 12 contestants were. Why is she still here? You clearly have different taste, which is fine, but please don't bring unfairness into it. That is really silly imo. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is a flaw in that argument...

Those people can actually sing.
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xmiffyx wrote: »
    But Pavarotti didn't go on a show called X Factor.

Dont many, many people in this forum whine and whine at how the X-Factor is a "singing" competition when their favourite doesnt progress and someone they view as less talented goes through?

So why should anyone care, beyond trying to use it as a criticism to beat someone they dont like with, if an act can dance or not?
    Forum Member
    Whoever they were, they were judged fairly by four people not to be entertaining enough. Diana has been fairly voted for by the GBP, just has the other final 12 contestants were. Why is she still here? You clearly have different taste, which is fine, but please don't bring unfairness into it. That is really silly imo. :confused:

I agree that people have different taste but I just feel that she wasn't talented enough to get through. I just feel there were better singers. I did feel she could sing but there was too much warbling to cloud it.
    I have to say I didn't start out as disliking Diana, I tried to like her but just feel she's not good enough. I must say that she has had an unfair deal with the press though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same GBP voted out laura & Ruth who were the best vocals in this xfactor series. all the craps are still there.

Anyways end of the day Simon is the winner / loser!
    Diana has been fairly voted for by the GBP, just has the other final 12 contestants were. Why is she still here?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frost wrote: »
    Dont many, many people in this forum whine and whine at how the X-Factor is a "singing" competition when their favourite doesnt progress and someone they view as less talented goes through?

So why should anyone care, beyond trying to use it as a criticism to beat someone they dont like with, if an act can dance or not?

Do you mean by that, that comments aren't necessary once someone you like goes?
    Should posters just leave the forum then?