Cancelling a Blackberry Contract with Virgin

douknowotimean?douknowotimean? Posts: 1,799
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,
I'm not sure if I posting this in the right part of the forum or not but I wonder if someone can help.

I signed up for a 2 year Blackberry Contract with Virgin in November last year but I'm considering cancelling the contract. What fees would I need to pay and would I have to return the phone?

Many Thanks

Comments

• johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only way to know for sure is to phone them, although i suspect you would have to pay the remainder of the contract and you'd keep the phone then.

Unless they have broken the contract in some way and you could just send the phone back and get it cancelled
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    From previous threads, I believe you buy out the remainder of your contract. For example if you are on £10 a month, with 12 months left it would be £120. However there's something about not paying all the VAT as you are terminating early and usually you get to keep the phone.

As it is Virgin you are better checking with them. Good luck on cancelling, I've had personal experience and so have tŵo work colleagues and found them to be hopeless when it comes to cancelling.

If you do get it cancelled, once you have paid everything you owe them, cancel the direct debit asap as they may still take money from your account even though you owe them nothing.