BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Good afternoon folks, empty of pocket and one tooth less!:(
    She has saved the one next to it though. The little beggar took 30 minutes to extract and I fear that my neck and jaw are dislocated, but I am being brave while the anaesthetic is still working...

Celeste will be at the vets until tomorrow evening and it feels really weird to be walking around the house without a kitten in attendance, wanting to know what I am doing and getting herself shut into cupboards....:p
    I like a Brave Woman.:D
    And all Gummy.:D
    I've always wanted to try durian, the one they put in the food trials on I'm a Celebrity. I'm sure I could eat it. Hicky could, for sure: the only way Hicky'd lose a trial would be if he was up against Freddie Starr--or a gannet. But Hicky would not be collapsing in the forest afterwards and needing airlifting out.
    I admit some of the stuff they eat on IAC is horrific, it's not cooked.:eek:

I love all Fruit though.
  • dancing ledgedancing ledge Posts: 13,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nowahalla wrote: »
    Morning Flora:D
    I'm just back from IKEA, I love IKEA... I like to pretend I'm not in Thailand when I'm in there 'cos they are all the same, it's fun:D ..(oh, dear, perhaps I need to get out more....:eek:;))
    I bought candles.....I always buy candles, dunno why, can't use 'em here much as the AC/fans either blow them out or scatter wax everywhere...but I like candles:D

What's Thailand like for power cuts?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Fenners, out in the car park.There was a referee called Gallagher so he used to referee the pens in the character of Noel Gallagher and he would always say 'here I am, out here in the sunshiiiiiiiine'....:D

It went downhill when Lovejoy left taking three of the lads with him...
    whoo i remember it all now. Noel G was actually there once or twice.

Deffo agree on Lovejoy and how it went downhill. It lost all the brilliant banter. I like Lovejot* though theoretically he's the type of bloke I should dislike, a loud cockney Chelsea fan.

I watch his show now on a Sunday morning with Louise Rednapp and loads of cooking:D

Or even Lovejoy:D

There's a terrific show on Radio 5 called Fighting Talk, where sports banter is still alive and well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boo :( Yay :D in that order.

I have been giving it some thought also but thats as far as its gone :D

For me Spring cleaning has to come after spring gardening, for obvious reasons.
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always wanted to try durian, the one they put in the food trials on I'm a Celebrity. I'm sure I could eat it. Hicky could, for sure: the only way Hicky'd lose a trial would be if he was up against Freddie Starr--or a gannet. But Hicky would not be collapsing in the forest afterwards and needing airlifting out.
    They have Durian here, it stinks :( particularly unpleasant combi of sweaty socks and decaying things, at certain times of year it's everywhere and every shop smells really bad..yuk
    I haven't tried it as I can't get past the smell, apparently it also has an enzyme in it which reacts with alcohol and can be fatal:eek: (according to my Thai teacher)
    What's Thailand like for power cuts?
    OK most of the time to be fair but if we have big rain storms it can go out for a while...:)
    She has saved the one next to it though. The little beggar took 30 minutes to extract and I fear that my neck and jaw are dislocated, but I am being brave while the anaesthetic is still working...

Celeste will be at the vets until tomorrow evening and it feels really weird to be walking around the house without a kitten in attendance, wanting to know what I am doing and getting herself shut into cupboards....:p
    Hello missus, hope it's not too bad when the anaesthetic wears off... ((((hugs)))) have the other kitties noticed madam Celeste's absence yet? Cosmo will be pleased:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »

Got some lovely goodies from the shop.
    Apple Turnovers, Scotch pies, Plaice, Angoustines, Ray Wings, Bacon, Tripe, Macaroni Cheese & Lardons.

Will you be eating them separately or all at once?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You won't miss it. The only trouble I have is when a hazelnut gets stuck in the gap.

Kittens are irresistible. I've vowed never to have another cat, but if someone brings me round a kitten, I know I won't be able to help myself. Some kids actually did bring round a puppy not so long ago, and someone else offered me a greyhound, but I'm not a dog person--was bitten four times as a kid.
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

30 mins :confused::eek: oooh owwwwwwww i bet it felt a lot longer than that!

You've gotten so used to having Celeste around no wonder you miss her !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have Durian here, it stinks :( particularly unpleasant combi of sweaty socks and decaying things, at certain times of year it's everywhere and every shop smells really bad..yuk
    I haven't tried it as I can't get past the smell, apparently it also has an enzyme in it which reacts with alcohol and can be fatal:eek: (according to my Thai teacher)

It must be an acquired taste, or the Thais wouldn't eat it so much. Maybe the sweaty-sock flavour cooks out. The one fruit I cannot stick is avocado--to me it tastes like soap.
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member

OK most of the time to be fair but if we have big rain storms it can go out for a while...:)

Hello missus, hope it's not too bad when the anaesthetic wears off... ((((hugs)))) have the other kitties noticed madam Celeste's absence yet? Cosmo will be pleased:D

Cosmo is fast asleep in her basket - no sentiment there!:D
    Not the little basket on my desk, I hasten to add, he would never fit in there, being the size of a small pony, but her padded sleeping basket.He will be most relieved not to be jumped on I imagine.:p
    Forum Member
    You won't miss it. The only trouble I have is when a hazelnut gets stuck in the gap.

Kittens are irresistible
    . I've vowed never to have another cat, but if someone brings me round a kitten, I know I won't be able to help myself. Some kids actually did bring round a puppy not so long ago, and someone else offered me a greyhound, but I'm not a dog person--was bitten four times as a kid.

We left her in the charge of the receptionist and nurse at the vets. They were cooing over her and she was playing to the gallery, doing her meercat stance and opening her eyes very wide. They get very few cats there as Greeks don't value them enough to spend money on.
    I shall be sure to avoid hazlenuts...:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be an acquired taste, or the Thais wouldn't eat it so much. Maybe the sweaty-sock flavour cooks out. The one fruit I cannot stick is avocado--to me it tastes like soap.

Yup, I suspect it is! maybe I'll get brave one day and try it...and I'll let you know what it's like then :) Quite a lot of the Thai fruit and veg seems to be an acquired taste, unusual to say the least! My Thai teacher quite often brings me things to try out, so far i'd say I liked about half of them....
    Agree with you about avocado, though for me it's the texture I hate, can just about stomach it in guacamole but only if accompanied by several large margaritas:D

Dinner is ready here, some kind of Thai noodley stir fry thing, yum, so I'll catch you all later:)
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    30 mins :confused::eek: oooh owwwwwwww i bet it felt a lot longer than that!

You've gotten so used to having Celeste around no wonder you miss her !

** Nods bravely **:p

Ditto, I really dislike avocados, nasty slimy things...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also don't like grapefruit, so I'm glad to hear there's something similar but sweeter.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Hiya Jojo, hope your daughter has a fun weekend here, it's ridiculously humid at the moment so sweating without even moving (yuk) although the only weight she may lose if her weekend is spent in the glacial malls will be from her wallet;):D

Morning all:D

She'll spend like it;'s an Olympic sport!
    Morning Flora:D
    I'm just back from IKEA, I love IKEA... I like to pretend I'm not in Thailand when I'm in there 'cos they are all the same, it's fun:D ..(oh, dear, perhaps I need to get out more....:eek:;))
    I bought candles.....I always buy candles, dunno why, can't use 'em here much as the AC/fans either blow them out or scatter wax everywhere...but I like candles:D

I love candles too but I can only go to IKEA mid week when it might be less manic:cool:
    acker wrote: »
    Morning Flora :)...struggly day yesterday :(....better today :) . Spring cleaning is ongoing , ive thought about it a lot :)

I had a very fruitful day yesterday - cleared out 2 full bin bags of assorted tat and useless stuff I'd held on to, plus I shredded loads of documents and invoices:D

I Freecycled 3 items, 2 of which have been taken this morning - the 3rd one should go this afternoon.

Woke up with sore throat and itchy ears - not impressed, it's this virus OH keeps re-cycling I'm sure it is:rolleyes:
    Forum Member

Hi Arte - good grief - half an hour to get it out, sounds dreadful - I fear I might have knocked her out and left:o

It's weird h ow you get used to them following around so quickly isn't it? I bet they'll spoil her at the vets, she'll be too good for you lot when she returns:D
    Forum Member
    Will you be eating them separately or all at once?

:D Hicky will probably do a running buffet for himself and 50 of his closest friends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote: »
    :D Hicky will probably do a running buffet for himself and 50 of his closest friends.

The reason Hicky's just a little-known car-systems designer from Merseyside, while Jesus was a world famous prophet and divine being, is that if Hicky had been giving the Sermon on the Mount, he'd've fed the five thousand with 300 fishes and a bootload of German cooked meat. And he'd probably have had to wake them up first.
  • LittsisLittsis Posts: 11,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hicky wrote: »
    Remember the winner of The Apprentice 'Tom' well his invention with partner Lord Sugar is out today.

His new Nail File.
    Pretty cheap as well, considering it lasts for 12 months.

http://www.stylfile.com/index.php
    Well thank you, at last, a linky that is of interest to me. I am pleased to see the outcome.
    I am a bit worried about Mary Portas, I think she is making a right tit or cock of herself with the latest programme, judging by the trailer.
    Bit added to my worries about the economic future when captains of industry such as Lord S and Mary P are focussing on nail files and knickers. Still fresh shoots have to start somewhere,.

Kittens are irresistible. I've vowed never to have another cat, but if someone brings me round a kitten, I know I won't be able to help myself. Some kids actually did bring round a puppy not so long ago, and someone else offered me a greyhound, but I'm not a dog person--was bitten four times as a kid.
    Bang! There goes another nail in the coffin of your manhood.:D
    ** Nods bravely **:p
    Ditto, I really dislike avocados, nasty slimy things...
    Which reminds me, honey, how many weeks did you attend Weightwatchers meetings?
    I love avocados, but they are so difficult to peel and separate from their skins when really ripe and ready to eat.
    I wish I had a servant or a wife willing to prepare my food for me, it would be the only way nowadays that I can see me sticking to a diet. Almost glad that Mootle is here no more, otherwise she would give me a good talking to.

Anybody been watching that series about people who transport very over weight people for medical treatment. The fatties (Over 25 stone) are so poor me about it all. I am very angered about them and the money being wasted by the NHS. Yet here am I an allegedly intelligent person making no attempt to control myself. Massive tuts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason Hicky's just a little-known car-systems designer from Merseyside, while Jesus was a world famous prophet and divine being, is that if Hicky had been giving the Sermon on the Mount, he'd've fed the five thousand with 300 fishes and a bootload of German cooked meat. And he'd probably have to wake them up first.

That's the difference between most men and women, men are able to josh in a way that is much less likely to cause offence, or appear snide, even if being somewhat caustic. Love it.:eek::D.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acker wrote: »
    Morning Eddy :)

Morning sr :)...gas fire AND sunshine :D

Afternoon acker *huuuugs* :D

It doesn't feel particularly warm here today. Going for my Vit B12 jab this afternoon, thank goodness, I'm knackered! I think I'll have to have it more often than once every 3 months. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I make sure I get outside every day, even in winter; it definitely perks up the whole system. I think something in the daylight (as well as the fresh air) is good for us--more than the Vit D, which apparently isn't available at these latitudes till spring. Also, I find if I don't go out, I can't get to sleep at the usual time. The position of the sun has something to do with it, I suspect, influencing our circadian rhythm.

I agree. I think being outside is very beneficial. Sitting and walking and pottering whether in town or countryside or seaside is imo equally good physically and mentally.
    Forum Member
    Littsis wrote: »
    Well thank you, at last, a linky that is of interest to me. I am pleased to see the outcome.
    I am a bit worried about Mary Portas, I think she is making a right tit or cock of herself with the latest programme, judging by the trailer.
    Bit added to my worries about the economic future when captains of industry such as Lord S and Mary P are focussing on nail files and knickers. Still fresh shoots have to start somewhere,.

Bang! There goes another nail in the coffin of your manhood.:D

Which reminds me, honey, how many weeks did you attend Weightwatchers meetings?

I love avocados, but they are so difficult to peel and separate from their skins when really ripe and ready to eat.
    I wish I had a servant or a wife willing to prepare my food for me, it would be the only way nowadays that I can see me sticking to a diet. Almost glad that Mootle is here no more, otherwise she would give me a good talking to.

Anybody been watching that series about people who transport very over weight people for medical treatment. The fatties (Over 25 stone) are so poor me about it all. I am very angered about them and the money being wasted by the NHS. Yet here am I an allegedly intelligent person making no attempt to control myself. Massive tuts.

I'm confused, Litts -( no change there, mind,) are you asking me about WW, or Honey, or referring to me as honey........?:p
    I have watched that programme and it is tragic to see people with such an addiction to food. I don't see any of them getting addicted to broccoli though, just the frankenfoods that blight life these days...:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Littsis wrote: »
    That's the difference between most men and women, men are able to josh in a way that is much less likely to cause offence, or appear snide, even if being somewhat caustic. Love it.:eek::D.

We're just as snide as women, but I think we're more likely to ignore, or walk away from, any bad fallout. Also, being a male involves being slagged off remorselessly from a young age, so we get used to it. I wouldn't tease Hicky so much if I didn't think he has the hide of a rhinoceros.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dinner was yummy, loads of veg in it and the kids ate it too, and it was spicy and they still ate it! I'm really pleased that they're willing to try stuff like this and enjoy it:)

Just been browsing, found this hyper-realism drawing.....apologies for the Daily Heil link but wow at the skill....

EDIT top of the page...aaaaaccckkkkerrrrr, this is your spot, come back.......:D
This discussion has been closed.