Options

Once Upon a Time: Season 4 (US pace)

Comments

• Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have done the first two episodes as a 2hr premier as there seemed a lot more going on this week and would have gone together well, I did miss the lack or Gold/Regina tonight. A good episode though and we are starting to get a bit more of the story with the introduction of the Snow Queen, will be interesting to see who has Anna.
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evil Bo Peep, didn't expect that!!! (I didn't read the press release or synopsis for this episode)

Loved Snows meltdown after Grumpy, Grannie and Happy put her in the job of Mayor just because she created the new curse, I actually clapped when she blew up at them lol.

Say what you like about Frozen, but the writers have nailed their characters to me anyway. Elsa is good, but she is definitely the harder character as she isn't exactly welcoming. Ana on the other hand is pretty much perfect, even down to her speech patterns.

So final confirmation that Elizabeth Mitchell is the original Snow Queen then. It's looking likely she is either related to Elsa or the cause of her powers.
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer for next week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAiJ50SW3d0

Looks good!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching it and I did like Bo Peep and the whole channeling of her inner Ray Winstone :)
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    A bit gutted, the usual site I use to stream seems to of had the episode removed :(
    Looks like I'm gonna have to was wait until next week to watch on abc when they allow it available to watch without having to verify.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I liked this one. Okay the Snow plot was filler and Henry/Regina were dull but everything else worked well.

Liked the previous history with David and Anna and the idea of Bo Peep as a warlord/butcher was actually pretty inspired for the show.

Belle and Rumple just get one scene and the episode isn't hindered by that.

Still not bothered by Hook and Emma but I found Emma's scenes with Elsa a lot more interesting to watch actually.

Ice cream parlour lady is clearly the Snow Queen then. Loved the name of her shop, 8/10
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    A bit gutted, the usual site I use to stream seems to of had the episode removed :(
    Looks like I'm gonna have to was wait until next week to watch on abc when they allow it available to watch without having to verify.

Sent you a pm mate.
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I liked this one. Okay the Snow plot was filler and Henry/Regina were dull but everything else worked well.

Belle and Rumple just get one scene and the episode isn't hindered by that.

They all had more stuff but it was deleted, Snow had a good talk with Regina and ends up becoming mayor and Henry went to see Rumple before deciding to help Regina. You'll find them on youtube somewhere.

Not sure why they were cut, I did feel the some scenes with Charming and Elsa were extended a bit too long, maybe it was to have more of the enchanted forest story than Storybrooke.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rocky Road - epi 4x03

When an icy spell is cast on Marian, which will ultimately freeze her heart and kill her, the Storybrooke residents place the blame on Elsa. But unbeknownst to anyone, a mysterious woman who runs the town’s ice cream parlor has the same powers as Elsa and is trying to frame her. Emma and David find former Merry Men member Will Scarlet rummaging through Robin Hood’s tent, Regina teams up with Henry to try and discover who the author of the fairy tale book is, Mary Margaret is having trouble balancing her duties as leader of Storybrooke and mother to young Prince Neal, and Hook begins to suspect that Mr. Gold is still in control of the dagger that calls upon him to be the Dark One. Meanwhile, in Arendelle of the past, Elsa and Kristoff set off to stop Hans from attempting to take control of the kingdom.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That should be spoilered.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the casting of Hans. I also think the Snow Queen is Elsa's mum. I just have the feeling that she had an affair with her sisters husband. The king and queen were on the trip for some reason and I suppose it has to do with this character.

I hated Robin being in love with Regina: they just don't fit for me. I also don't like them messing with one of our heroes in this way. I did like we Will Scarlet. I think if a Bit goes to the US just keep saying 'bloody hell'' and they are putty in your hands. He never mentioned Wonderland so I wonder if they will pretend none of it happened.
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the casting of Hans. I also think the Snow Queen is Elsa's mum. I just have the feeling that she had an affair with her sisters husband. The king and queen were on the trip for some reason and I suppose it has to do with this character.

I hated Robin being in love with Regina: they just don't fit for me. I also don't like them messing with one of our heroes in this way. I did like we Will Scarlet. I think if a Bit goes to the US just keep saying 'bloody hell'' and they are putty in your hands. He never mentioned Wonderland so I wonder if they will pretend none of it happened.

Not sure I buy that theory tbh, almost everyone turns out to be the child of a villain in Once (Rumple - Neal, Regina - Cora, Pan - Rumple etc), being her aunt makes sense in ref to Elsa's powers without being a repeat (to a degree) but then I could be wrong.

Based on the Snow Queen's reaction to Emma and her conversation with Gold, I'm predicting that the Snow Queen was in charge of the Orphanage that Emma stayed at when she came across from the Enchanted Forest. Why? No idea tbh!

Loved Will, best bit of Wonderland. I can't see how they can't mention Wonderland as people will want to know how he crossed over and what happened between the end of Wonderland and Robins tent.
  • Options
    Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Lennie please spoiler tag your posts on this thread, that's the second time you've posted uncensored spoilers :)
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Lennie please spoiler tag your posts on this thread, that's the second time you've posted uncensored spoilers :)

No worries, i didnt think it was spoiler coz its a episode synopsis :)

I like this episode, i like this Frozen arc due to it being centered around Emma.
    I liked how Hook saw and realised Rumple was lying but all in all i liked that Hook used so called blackmail to help Elsa... and i liked how Elsa and Kristoff and Elsa and Hook were becoming friends and the parallels to that. And her telling Hook about Emma and what she is feeling and so on

I am glad to see there was a reason to why Snow constanly kept holding the baby

Will Scarlet made me laugh lol

I like Emma saving her two men - daddy and boyfriend, her magic seems to work full force when Hook is there and in danger.

Also i loved seeing Emma be vunerable and she is pulling away coz she doesnt want to lose him...

I think Snow Queen raised Emma well was meant to but couldnt or something
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Not sure I buy that theory tbh, almost everyone turns out to be the child of a villain in Once (Rumple - Neal, Regina - Cora, Pan - Rumple etc), being her aunt makes sense in ref to Elsa's powers without being a repeat (to a degree) but then I could be wrong.

Based on the Snow Queen's reaction to Emma and her conversation with Gold, I'm predicting that the Snow Queen was in charge of the Orphanage that Emma stayed at when she came across from the Enchanted Forest. Why? No idea tbh!

Loved Will, best bit of Wonderland. I can't see how they can't mention Wonderland as people will want to know how he crossed over and what happened between the end of Wonderland and Robins tent.

If you think about it she could be her aunt ( sister to her mother) an her mother ( having an affair with the king) I just felt it when she looked at the portrait. It makes sense in that they are so blonde whereas Anna and her mother are brunettes. I always wondered in the animation why the sisters are so different. It may be history repeating itself between sisters. A way this is far more interesting than the Pan episodes although the ratings at falling.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming that the Snow Queen is really Elsa's mother, not aunt. I bet that her sister (Elsa's mother/aunt) put her in the bottle, and that it was later the Snow Queen who put Elsa in it.

How does Elsa know Emma?...

Easy way around that - Will's current appearance could be *before* he went off to Wonderland with Alice.
  • Options
    Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Anna did put Elsa in the urn/jar/bottle, but at Elsa's own request because of some kind of dire situation etc.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Maybe Anna did put Elsa in the urn/jar/bottle, but at Elsa's own request because of some kind of dire situation etc.

I think it will be something like that. OUAT is very good at hinting one thing then surprising us with another. Like Regina, at first she's just pure evil but then you find she just wants to be happy, just wants love. Or with Rumple, he's the Dark One, but did everything just to get his son back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Elizabeth Mitchell. Boobs. That is all :)
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elizabeth Mitchell. Boobs. That is all :)

Ha, yes - that was a nice dress ;)
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will has a place in Storybrooke so the fact he's back there doesn't phase me because he had some sort of life there. So if it's set before Wonderland then it makes sense but they'll explain it if it's set after too.

The writers said Storybrooke is currently in early 2013 in their timeline which is why no one has commented on Frozen as it isn't out yet to them and that could easily mean if Wonderland was set in late 2013 Storybrooke time, when Alice and Cyrus arrived there, this is Will's story before he goes off on that adventure to save Cyrus.
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought the exact same thing :D
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After three meh episodes, i decided to stop watching all together. The show has been borrowed time for me since season 2. Season 3 had elements of greatness but even the amazing world of Frozen is still not enlighten me this time around. It's a show that uses that it's core cast incredibly well but fails miserably with continuous adding of new characters who are these characters we know and love from other stories that just fall flat into a television series spread out among many episodes. The peter pan arc in early season 3, the wicked arc in late season 3 and now the early beginnings of Frozen just do not translate well to a television series at all. The writers for me show how much they struggle to do this.

Shame
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    After three meh episodes, i decided to stop watching all together. The show has been borrowed time for me since season 2. Season 3 had elements of greatness but even the amazing world of Frozen is still not enlighten me this time around. It's a show that uses that it's core cast incredibly well but fails miserably with continuous adding of new characters who are these characters we know and love from other stories that just fall flat into a television series spread out among many episodes. The peter pan arc in early season 3, the wicked arc in late season 3 and now the early beginnings of Frozen just do not translate well to a television series at all. The writers for me show how much they struggle to do this.

Shame

THIS ^^ is what BUGS me entirely about "fans" you know exactly what you're getting with this show. And I mean exactly. It's got no pretenses about what it is or where it's going. If you're not on board with that after THREE full seasons then you really should be watching another show.

That said, hate watching OUAT seems to be insanely popular (I do it with Doctor Who - I wish I could quit you!)

Ultimately, OUAT is crap. We all know it, but that doesn't make their tiny little story book lives any less brilliant / silly / stupid / compelling.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dubgaz wrote: »
    I thought the exact same thing :D

It's a good theory and obviously since it's OUAT nothing can be ruled out.

But if she was at the orphanage with Emma they'll have to explain a few things.

A) The original curse. If she was included in that she would have both had no memories and be unable to leave the town (the only person able to leave the town during the original curse was Regina and later Henry as he wasn't part of the curse). So if she came across with the original curse how did she get around those?

B) if she wasn't part of the original curse how did she get to storybrook then to Emma's orphanage then back to storybrook (with nobody noticing the stranger because everyone seemingly knows everyone) set up a life open a shop etc.

I do love this show but will admit I'm getting very bored of them using the old 'my memories have been wiped' option. We've had two entire series based on this. The first and the second half of he third. Now Elsa has had hers tampered with and Emma can't remember where she knows the snow queen from. Again, her memories of that have been wiped (that's what I assume from the snow queens reactions to her). It's getting very old now.