#390 Hong Kong

Wow he's doing well!
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow!!:D:cool:
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,965
    Forum Member
    I will conclude that James will be the most successful winner ever with those sales. Who'd have thought his style of singing will be so popular?
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    I will conclude that James will be the most successful winner ever with those sales. Who'd have thought his style of singing will be so popular?

He's had one single out... Keep your predictions for when the album gets released as people said the same about Matt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn that good going Topping above 100 in 26 countries and charted in 48 countries all together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    Damn that good going Topping above 100 in 26 countries and charted in 48 countries all together.

Most of whom barely have a record buying public judging from the list. I mean how many people in Laos can afford to buy records??? Malta has barely got a population!!
  • *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Syco must be regretting the fact that they made this a charity single. They really expected last year's winner to do even worse or just as worse as Little Mix did....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    Most of whom barely have a record buying public judging from the list. I mean how many people in Laos can afford to buy records??? Malta has barely got a population!!

Yes but the song was only Release in the UK therefore it is good going for them to even have heard of it. :p

But hey dont let that little info get in the way of your constant need to put down the song and what its done. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    Syco must be regretting the fact that they made this a charity single. They really expected last year's winner to do even worse or just as worse as Little Mix did....

I think you could be right. I could just see Simon sat there thinking oh crap look at all that money I.ve just lost. :D
    Forum Member

Well, at least you've changed the record from the usual "it's only doing well because it's a charity single" :D....

I think you could be right. I could just see Simon sat there thinking oh crap look at all that money I.ve just lost. :D

I think it also may have helped James secure better investment for his first album campaign...though, i'm sure he's still a priority for the label.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but the song was only Release in the UK therefore it is good going for them to even have heard of it. :p

But hey dont let that little info get in the way of your constant need to put down the song and what its done. :p

I suspect all these countries have heard of X Factor given that it was a show that originated in one of the biggest music markets in the world that has probably been sold to a great number of these places. Remember too, it is an X Factor record chosen for the winner.

I am not slagging the record, but I would be more impressed if this was his first single proper - just my OPINION OF COURSE.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Liya* wrote: »
    Well, at least you've changed the record from the usual "it's only doing well because it's a charity single" :D....

lol dont you just love it when some posters are so predictable. :)

I think it also may have helped James secure better investment for his first album campaign...though, i'm sure he's still a priority for the label.

I hope so as out of all the winners on the James is the only sort of music I would buy. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's had one single out... Keep your predictions for when the album gets released as people said the same about Matt

Totally agree.

I personally think some forget that the X Factor show and what it throws out is, first and foremost, to make money and commercial pop music, because it sells. To me, if you are after something original and different dont look for it in X Factor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect all these countries have heard of X Factor given that it was a show that originated in one of the biggest music markets in the world that has probably been sold to a great number of these places. Remember too, it is an X Factor record chosen for the winner.

I am not slagging the record, but I would be more impressed if this was his first single proper - just my OPINION OF COURSE.

LOL watch out for your contradictions as one minutes your saying they wouldnt be able to afford the records, in the next your implying that they will have seen/heard of the show therefore will have maybe a TV, Radio or PC. :p.

Also on that note if you think its because they heard/seen the show then tell me why didnt the other winners do so well in these places.
    Maybe the answer is because they didnt like the songs but do like James song. So therefore makes that excuse of your void. :p

Yes it your opinion and you have a right to say them but dont expect us not to believe that you dont hate James and how well the song is doing. As your actions scream out that you do.. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree.

I personally think some forget that the X Factor show and what it throws out is, first and foremost, to make money and commercial pop music, because it sells. To me, if you are after something original and different dont look for it in X Factor.

You could say that about most of the stuff in the charts as well.

Also you do understand that your on the XF forum and therefore people who are here are not here looking for something original and different, but are here because they like the show. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could say that about most of the stuff in the charts as well.

Also you do understand that your on the XF forum and therefore people who are here are not here looking for something original and different, but are here because they like the show. :)

Agree totally - re chart music.

I did originally watch X Factor a lot and I do look at the finalists each year, but, if I was being honest, I think the standard is dropping and I am finding I am liking less and less of the artists each year. I did like Misha B from last year and I think Jennifer Hudson is a truly talented singer!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree totally - re chart music.

I did originally watch X Factor a lot and I do look at the finalists each year, but, if I was being honest, I think the standard is dropping and I am finding I am liking less and less of the artists each year. I did like Misha B from last year and I think Jennifer Hudson is a truly talented singer!!

I think the standard has never been there as its always been about bubble gum pop, Yes they will be the odd ones I like eg Brenda XF3, Jamie Archer, Misha and James Arther, But I have never seen the show as a place to find something original and different. For me its just a fun TV show where I just may see something I like enough to buy their album/single.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member

Really? REALLY? :rolleyes:

Sorry Michelle but your logic = flawed (an opinion built on a fallacious premise). Do you even realise no winners' singles (including Leona's) have been released outside? Yes other countries may acknowledge X Factor UK acts...but seriously would it go to no.1 just because of that? If that was the case...every X Factor alum would be topping the charts right now and they're not truth be told (except 1D, Leona and maybe LM). People in foreign countries wouldn't buy a record just because it originated from X Factor UK! :rolleyes:

Do you realize by even suggesting that you're saying that they're buying James Arthur's records because they actually like him. So he's actually much more popular than you have given him credit for.

Also re Matt, I have told you countless times that James has already beaten Matt by miles now! He's going global whereas other countries haven't even heard of Matt (forget even his winner's single, did Matt ever go global??? James has with his first single). The comparison is just being said to annoy...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member

Seriously bitter. It is becoming quite comical actually.
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "impossible" is now a Top 10 hit in Australia! After 3 weeks, it reaches #10.

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/chart/singles/800
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hermanazo wrote: »

great news!!:cool:
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hermanazo wrote: »

Fantastic news.:cool:
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,965
    Forum Member
    So it's almost two months since it was released, and look how well its done.

Would be great if it could win the BRIT award but what are the chances?
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    So it's almost two months since it was released, and look how well its done.

Would be great if it could win the BRIT award but what are the chances?

James was bookies favourite to win but has been overtaken by Adele once it was announced she'd perform at the Oscars. I still Olly will win that one, though.

Only the younger demographic of mainly teens will be bothered to register & vote..

http://www.oddschecker.com/awards/brit-awards/best-single