why the joey love?

adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why does everyone like joey Essex?
He doesn't have one redeeming feature and if the public cant see through this fake "joeyism" crap then there no hope for anyone!

Comments

• Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "We're doomed!" :)

It was the same last year with that Helen Flanagan.
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all know he's living up to his fake persona but at least he's not being a nasty spiteful bitch about anyone else in there ,like a couple of them were towards him tonight that are years older than him and should know better
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It also annoys me that there editing him into nearly every scence and not allowing anyone to have a chance to shine :mad:
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think it's pretty split none of my friend like him and plenty on here don't but some people I know do like him as well as some on here...will be same everywhere it expect - I've never liked him from the little I've seen of TOWIE as it is but I give people a fair chance I was the same about mark wright but his IAC stint was great I can't as yet see my opinion change on Joey and neither do I think I'm the only person to feel that way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it either.
    TBH, I think there's going to be a backlash against the blanket coverage. People aren't voting for him for the trials because they like him or find him funny. They want to see him suffer... :p

One thing about Celebrity is that it has a higher number of "older" viewers than BB or X-Factor does, and they aren't the demographic that budgie-boy appeals to..
    The initial DS polls and comments back this up.

My favourite so far is Lucy, but I can see Kian (who's come across as a nice genuine guy) storm it at the end.

Personally I'm currently happy for anyone to win so far, as long as their name doesn't start with "J" and end with "..oey Essex".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Wulfster wrote: »
    I don't get it either.
    TBH, I think there's going to be a backlash against the blanket coverage. People aren't voting for him for the trials because they like him or find him funny. They want to see him suffer... :p

One thing about Celebrity is that it has a higher number of "older" viewers than BB or X-Factor does, and they aren't the demographic that budgie-boy appeals to..

My favourite so far is Lucy, but I can see Kian (who's come across as a nice genuine guy) storm it at the end.

Personally I'm currently happy for anyone to win so far, as long as their name doesn't start with "J" and end with "..oey Essex".

Ooh I do hope you are right Wulfster! I am in total agreement with your views regarding Lucy and Kian, who are hardly being shown at all at the moment :(
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind him and he's been lovely, I just find the 'Joey Essex show' annoying, I want to see the other campmates (preferably the yellow team who we haven't seen as much of compared to the red team). I'd like to see everyone getting decent airtime.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've nothing against him. While I agree he's being shown an awful lot at the expense of other campmates, that's hardly his fault - he's not producing the show. He could be a lot worse after all, there doesn't seem to be any malice in him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is a dick, a total pratt, a muppet, a thick brick of shit, I am sick to death of him already, Gillian McKeith was more bearable than this complete idiot.
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's fashionable to be thick these days...brain by passes will soon be as popular as botox and boob jobs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I can see on this forum there is no Joey love.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamski94 wrote: »
    Why does everyone like joey Essex?
    He doesn't have one redeeming feature and if the public cant see through this fake "joeyism" crap then there no hope for anyone!

I quite agree, we hardly see anyone but him, why do the producers not realise the "older" viewers would like to see everyone get their fair share of camera tims.?
  • Daisy LoooDaisy Looo Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Starting to loose interest already, none of the others have had much of a look in, Joeys harmless enough, but its all an act, hopefully there will be some friction now the camps have joined, as I cant see Alphonso, Kian & Matthew putting up with him 24/7.....
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks are everything; girls fancy him, older women want to mother him.

In a sane world he would be collecting trolleys from a Tesco car park.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bellamina wrote: »
    He is a dick, a total pratt, a muppet, a thick brick of shit, I am sick to death of him already, Gillian McKeith was more bearable than this complete idiot.

What makes you think that? Specifically?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bellamina wrote: »

this

No Joey love here.
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    The main show is all about Joey, the spinoff on ITV2 is all about Joey, the panel are Joeys friends,even the people who phone in are friends of Joeys friends on the panel WTF is going on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »
    The main show is all about Joey, the spinoff on ITV2 is all about Joey, the panel are Joeys friends,even the people who phone in are friends of Joeys friends on the panel WTF is going on?

The TOWIE show, for some unfathomable reason, has gripped the a large part of the nation and stupidity is something fashionable to be emulated? I think that about sums it up.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TBH I hadn't really noticed. If people keep voting him for trials though, it will be the Joey show. I'd say Matthew has had as much airtime too.
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    Looks are everything; girls fancy him, older women want to smother him.

In a sane world he would be collecting trolleys from a Tesco car park.

Fixed it for you
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Fixed it for you

:D:D

I'm first in line.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wulfster wrote: »

You are correct but judging from twitter, a lot of TOWIE and Joey fans who don't normally watch it, are watching it because he is on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    You are correct but judging from twitter, a lot of TOWIE and Joey fans who don't normally watch it, are watching it because he is on it.

Similar to Charlotte's appearance on CBB then - a lot of Geordie Shore viewers who didn't watch Big Brother otherwise tuned in to see her and vote.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really feel they need two reality show people in these type of shows to make it a more level playing field.

There were rumours of vicky of Geordie shore from going in then it was Sam from TOWIE.

Both of these people would have diluted the Joey voting demographic a bit and maybe made it more open.

ITV not wanting this as Joey is clearly the pre determined winner as they will have plans for him
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Similar to Charlotte's appearance on CBB then - a lot of Geordie Shore viewers who didn't watch Big Brother otherwise tuned in to see her and vote.

Exactly, which is why they are chosen.