Joey is Dougal from Father Ted ... without the likeability.

After commenting on another post last night, it struck me that Idiot-Boy is the dead-ringer (intellectually) for Dougal from Father Ted!

Maybe he's been coaching himself with DVDs from the series at home. :D

I hasten to add that he has none of the wit/humour/likeability of the character.

If you don't agree, just check out this classic "far away" clip, and tell me you can't see Steve/Kian/Amy sitting in front of the campfire with him, doing the same routine with toy cows!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5kZ4uIUC0

Comments

• lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: Hw could you even mention the genius that is Fr Dougal in the same breath as that fakebaked comedy gnashered fool? :eek:

For shame!! :mad::D

The prob with Joey Essex is that he is utterly charmless whereas the genius that is Dougal has charm in lorryloads. And Dougal has whimsy whereas all Joey has is fakebaked 'thick'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    :eek: Hw could you even mention the genius that is Fr Dougal in the same breath as that fakebaked comedy gnashered fool? :eek:

The prob with Joey Essex is that he is utterly charmless whereas the genius that is Dougal has charm in lorryloads. And Dougal has whimsy whereas all Joey has is fakebaked 'thick'.

ha ha ha!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely agree.
    I was just pointing out that Budgie-Boy is trying so hard to be the "lovable thicko", that he comes across as a fictional character.

You're right though. Nobody really compares to the majesty of Dougal. :cool:
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Linehan and Matthews wrote a charcater as tedious as Joey I think they'd have the good sense to apogise to eachother and retire as they would realise their talent has gone forever :cool:
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Down with this sort of thing
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wulfster wrote: »
    Absolutely agree.
    I was just pointing out that Budgie-Boy is trying so hard to be the "lovable thicko", that he comes across as a fictional character.

You're right though. Nobody really compares to the majesty of Dougal. :cool:

^ Oh I knew, and I know exactly what you meant. :D
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree totally with the OP. The character in Father Ted WAS loveable and charming.

Joey Essex, IMO, is the exact opposite. He is utterly charmless, has a massive ego, is hugely immature for his age and is attention seeking.

Nothing remotely loveable about him whatsoever.
  • Wise BadgerWise Badger Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Father Dougal was actually really funny

Joey is not, I've not laughed at anything he has done plus his stupid act is fake

big difference
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Down with this sort of thing

Careful now
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Father Dougal was actually really funny

Joey is not, I've not laughed at anything he has done plus his stupid act is fake

big difference

Yes I agree. Joey whoever he is has NO sense of humour whatsoever.:eek:
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    If Linehan and Matthews wrote a charcater as tedious as Joey I think they'd have the good sense to apogise to eachother and retire as they would realise their talent has gone forever :cool:

:D:D:D
  • ladyloulouladyloulou Posts: 7,932
    Forum Member
    :eek: Hw could you even mention the genius that is Fr Dougal in the same breath as that fakebaked comedy gnashered Tool? :eek:

have corrected your original post;););):D:D:D