Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• kelvokelvo Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura was supposed to be doing an OB from Dagenham I think but they had problems with the satellite truck so she had to return back to the studio - she made it back for the 6:50 broadcast.
  • simon_geraldsimon_gerald Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many thanks kelvo
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bushmills must be on holidays

Evenin' all.

598,000 on Friday.

All that chopping and changing of the line-up is really working, eh?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many thank bushmills
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    598k is an awful figure for this time of year, bet advertisers are kicking down the door,they should have broken 600k
    On a positive note that's a good figure for GMB on a Friday.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They really need to settle down the presenters now, although I prefer this to having a 'B' team present on Fridays. It's good that some of the main presenters are usually working on a Friday.

Anything that steers away from GMTV can only be a good thing IMO.

I think they should try and concentrate on Ben and Susanna more though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    They really need to settle down the presenters now, although I prefer this to having a 'B' team present on Fridays. It's good that some of the main presenters are usually working on a Friday.

Anything that steers away from GMTV can only be a good thing IMO.

I think they should try and concentrate on Ben and Susanna more though.

No, not SR, she really is the big turn-off if you read reports she really not liked by a lot of female viewers since the days of SCD, and she got all big-headed.
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it back to Susanna, Ben and Charlotte this week?
  • Bob_KnoobbBob_Knoobb Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    598k is an awful figure for this time of year, bet advertisers are kicking down the door,they should have broken 600k
    On a positive note that's a good figure for GMB on a Friday.

That's what I was thinking, maybe not good for the time of year but for a Friday that's more than they usually get. Without the audience share % it is hard to put the figure into context.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it back to Susanna, Ben and Charlotte this week?

Who knows...

It probably won't be all three all this week, if Charlotte and Susanna have their normal days off and I think because Charlotte worked last Thursday when she might not have been rostered then she's probably going to have another day off this week.

If Ranvir is off sick then that leaves Kate and John as stand-ins, if as looks increasingly likely Sean is now just doing the sport rather than forming one of the main team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susanna is in,as she's tweeted shes interviewing xf winner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Sean been on today? I went in the shower during his usual slot so I don't know
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean was in at about 06:30 this morning for the sport so earlier than usual :confused:

I wonder if there was a conscious decision to re-arrange the presenters on the desk - Charlotte and Susanna with Ben on the end - seems to be a break from the norm of F-M-F format when there is three presenters last week as well. Susanna handed over to Charlotte for the headlines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does GMB actually need a third person just to read the headlines,doesn't happen on breakfast or sunrise,when Charlotte goes on maternity don't see why they don't try just having just Ben and Susanna presenting mon-thurs and John with kate/ranvir on Friday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We'll probably see ranvir sometime this week on gmb as she returns to ITN today with the 1.30pm news
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Impressive coverage by bbc and sky in regards to the Sydney hostage situation,guessind Susanna and Charlotte probably wondering why did we leave our respective roles on BBC and Sky.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive coverage by bbc and sky in regards to the Sydney hostage situation,guessind Susanna and Charlotte probably wondering why did we leave our respective roles on BBC and Sky.

If you want news you don't watch GMB in the morning (I thought ITN were now supposed to be running their news in any case ?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monday 1st- Sean Fletcher, Susanna Reid, Ben Shepard, Charlotte Hawkins
    Tuesday 2nd- Phillip Schofield/Sean, Susanna, Ben, Charlotte
    Wednesday 3rd- Sean, Susanna, John Stapleton, Charlotte
    Thursday 4th- Sean, Susanna, Ben, Kate Garraway/Louisa James
    Friday 5th- Sean, Charlotte, Ben, Ranvir Singh
    Monday 8th- Charlotte, Susanna, Ben, Sean (temporarily)
    Tuesday 9th- Charlotte, Susanna, Ben, Sean (temporarily)
    Wednesday 10th- Kate, Charlotte, John, Sean (temporarily)
    Thursday 11th- Kate, Charlotte, John, Sean (temporarily)
    Friday 12th- Kate, Charlotte, John, Sean (temporarily)
    Monday 15th- Charlotte, Susanna, Ben, Sean (temporarily)
  • daicolldaicoll Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    3900 odd postings. Does the drivel that is Good Morning Britain deserve this much attention
  • ohglobbitsohglobbits Posts: 4,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daicoll wrote: »
    3900 odd postings. Does the drivel that is Good Morning Britain deserve this much attention
    Is there even a thread about Breakfast? This thread's success is probably due to a bit of Schadenfreude coupled with something new and in constant flux being more interesting to talk about than stable reliable Breakfast.

The constantly changing presenter line-up recalls the phrase, re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure there are people enjoying seeing GMB fail,but the majority I hope want GMB to succeed, its just annoying when the programme makers don't listen and constantly repeat the mistakes of past ITV breakfast shows.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure there are people enjoying seeing GMB fail,but the majority I hope want GMB to succeed, its just annoying when the programme makers don't listen and constantly repeat the mistakes of past ITV breakfast shows.

The programme makers know far better than the viewers what the viewers want, first rule of television.
  • zak_gzak_g Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    daicoll wrote: »
    Sorry, but if you don't like the show, you are not forced to watch or post here! Go and watch BBC Breakfast which, imo, is a load of s**t!
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,988
    Forum Member
    myscimitar wrote: »
    No, not SR, she really is the big turn-off if you read reports she really not liked by a lot of female viewers since the days of SCD, and she got all big-headed.

Well you would say that because you're obsessed with the woman in a quite unhealthy way.