Jeremy Irons on the One Show - a right miserable,dreary git.

13»

Comments

• ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I saw that. it was hilarious! :D

Alex called his wife Joan Cusack (an American actress) when his wife's name is acually Sinead Cusack. Told her off for it as well and she didn't even apologise for the blunder! She really is clueless! She's made several mistakes like this in the past! Do your research woman! :D

It was a bad mistake by someone who allegedly spends hours researching her interviews and she should have apologised. The more I see of this woman the more I think TOS may have acquired the next airhead.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    She wouldn't make mistakes if she did research on her guests which is what a presenter should do! It comes with the job! Or is she meant to be a dummy who's fed answers through her earpiece?

Getting the wife's name wrong suggests that she is not simply ready from the teleprompter as some suggest, unless that was wrong. It was mentioned on one programme after the Today error over Jeremy Hunt's name (showed also that anyone can get a name wrong) that sometimes concentrating too hard that you must get it right can end up with the wrong one being said. In the Today case the person laughed it off and the fuss happened more because the interviewer himself tried to make it out he never made a mistake. Irons could have quickly corrected the name and carried on but he decided to make a big deal out of it.

Another factor could be that Alex Jones is bilingual so would quite likely know that the Irish Gaelic Sinéad is Jane, Janet, Joanna so could have inadvertently translated it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He came across as arrogant and pompous when he was featured on "Who Do You Think You Are."
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    He came across as arrogant and pompous when he was featured on "Who Do You Think You Are."

Yes, I immediately thought of that when I saw this thread title. He's a real pompous luvvie type and it made for a very dreary episode of WDYTYA.
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    I thought he was dull and not that bothered to be on the show. I got the feeling he was a bit peeved when Matt Whatshisname said he had a great voice in the Lion King (or words to that effect) and they showed a clip. You can imagine Irons thinking, "I've done more acting than just being a cartoon lion!"

;)
  • masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    floopy123 wrote: »
    I thought he was dull and not that bothered to be on the show. I got the feeling he was a bit peeved when Matt Whatshisname said he had a great voice in the Lion King (or words to that effect) and they showed a clip. You can imagine Irons thinking, "I've done more acting than just being a cartoon lion!"

;)

Great in Die Hard 3
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Well i must be pathetic also because thats all i remember him doing, from looking at his IMDB guff he has bumbled along in some shite, the only notable exception being the Lion King. :D

He is just another luvvie asshole looking for a Knighthood.

Lion King being an exception? Is ignorance of a performer's extensive filmography really an excuse to lay into them?

Try watching some of his old "shite" like the Mission, Reversal of Fortune (won his best actor Oscar) and Dead Ringers. Lion King, jeez..
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Lion King being an exception? Is ignorance of a performer's extensive filmography really an excuse to lay into them?

Try watching some of his old "shite" like the Mission, Reversal of Fortune (won his best actor Oscar) and Dead Ringers. Lion King, jeez..

Brideshead Revisted

I also enjoyed him as the first Lord Vetinari in Colour of Magic although he was replaced by Charles Dance in Going Postal
  • King of BlotsKing of Blots Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    Dai13371 wrote: »

I can lay into his filmography as much as want, its called having an opinion so deal with it, i have no desire to view the shite you have mentioned after viewing his rubbish acting that detracted from the very bad plot of Die Hard 3.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Flashy Vic wrote: »
    The horse faced old scrote went on Who Do You Think You Are desperate to find some Oirish ancestery to play with himself about & ended up finding that he was about as Irish as Shaka Zulu or Pol Pot.

I found that very amusing. He was really caught up in the whole romance of the thing, riding about on his bike with his dogs on the back in a milk crate. He looked absolutely crumpled when it turned out he had no Irish blood.
    Forum Member
    I have such little respect for the female presenter of this programme I can't be bothered to research her name. But she is dire; what qualifications does she have to be a prime time TV presenter. She shrieks, shouts and giggles her way through all interviews. My only motivation to put myself through this tripe if I were a guest would be if I had something to plug.

Agree. She is awful and comes across very rude when she cuts across people to a link. I don't think she's even aware how she comes across - she's just frightened about missing the link it seems. Inexperienced.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone see tonights?

Chris Evans just seems to be acting like a bit of a prat every night he is on now. Wonder if hes getting bored already of being on it?

I thought it was funny that when Chris dropped in the 'oh you started at reception' comment to Bob Geldof he brought up the fact they'd been talking about **** all night and not one smirk. You could hear a pin drop.

Oh also when Chris said something like "What's this with the Chinese and years and animals" the Chinese guest they had in looked gobsmacked. She answered him but for a moment she looked like she was offended.
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I've noticed he can be quite off-hand with the guests; he was the same with the guy who was promoting Red Nose Day yesterday.
  • culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since I've never understood the supposed appeal of Chris Evans, I find it difficult to comment on whether he's getting more painful or not. To me he seems pretty much the same as he's ever been, and it's just that other people are starting to notice it a bit more now.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I think Evans thinks he's on a late night chat show where he can be more liberal and expects the guests to be also. He's not though.
    Forum Member
    Flashy Vic wrote: »
    The horse faced old scrote went on Who Do You Think You Are desperate to find some Oirish ancestery to play with himself about & ended up finding that he was about as Irish as Shaka Zulu or Pol Pot.

This has just made me chuckle out loud!! :D:D