Options

Gavin Henson Sacked!!

Comments

• Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rednell wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, now I'm looking deeper into it.

Two players get arrested for assault and keep their jobs, yet Henson who did not receive any official cautions or arrested loses his job. There's a rumour that he had a bust up with one of the coaches, though unconfirmed, it might well be a reason why he's been got rid of.

They weren't even suspended pending further investigation?
  • Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    They weren't even suspended pending further investigation?

It doesn't look like it. I'm not really a Cardiff fan so I've not been kept up to date with who's done what, but i've just done a search and I can't find anything, unless anyone else knows? They were cautioned and released, but I don't know what action the club took. Seemingly nothing as the silence is deafening.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firewalker wrote: »
    I think its quite sad....seems like his rugby career is pretty much over now.He was an immense talent for Wales but since he started courting fame on reality tv shows his rugby has suffered.He seems a bit misguided.

And since when do sportsmen and women have to behave like saints? Throwing icecubes and getting a bit lairy seems fair enough every now and then....

No its not acceptable for anyone to be throwing ice cubes or anything else for that matter and certainly not nice for other passengers on the jet; shame they didn't return to Glasgow and have the idiot arrested.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another spoilt, over-indulged sport brat gets p*ssed on a regular basis and acts like a tool. Doesn't anyone else feel there's a negative correlation between the ludicrous amounts of money they're paid and the respect for the game that made them? I know it's (money) less of an issue for rugby players than footballers but it's not okay to behave like idiots just because they are sportspeople/ celebs. Like others, I suspect there's more to it.
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are some people aware that throwing ice cubes is similar to throwing rocks?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Yes, they used to stone unbelievers to death with them in sun-baked Jerusalem. They said "let he who is without sin cast the first ice cube".
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Another spoilt, over-indulged sport brat gets p*ssed on a regular basis and acts like a tool. Doesn't anyone else feel there's a negative correlation between the ludicrous amounts of money they're paid and the respect for the game that made them? I know it's (money) less of an issue for rugby players than footballers but it's not okay to behave like idiots just because they are sportspeople/ celebs. Like others, I suspect there's more to it.

Charlotte is better without him. He is a plonker and is not welcome in quite a few pubs for his previous antics.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a professional sports man he is expected to behave in a manner befitting the club. Most rugby clubs I know have a no drinking policy during the season.. He admitted he went drinking until 5am and went to airport drunk and still drinking on the flight .. a 7am flight ... He then began throwing ice cubes which hurt when they hit you. As he has been in trouble at nearly every club he has been to through drink maybe it was in his contract any messing and he was out. I think when he was with Charlotte Church he enjoyed the trappings of celebrity and chased it.. Unfortunately his only talent is playing rugby .. He isn't a dazzling personality
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    cazzz wrote: »
    yup, more to this, they wont have to buy out his contract. I think that happened in his last club. I dont think clubs will be queuing up for him. He has had a lot of opportunities and stuffed them up...Big Brother is probably on the cards:yawn:

He's a very silly boy. If he just kept his head down and took the opportunities that were given to him he might have got his career back on track.
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    lynxmale wrote: »
    Yes, they used to stone unbelievers to death with them in sun-baked Jerusalem. They said "let he who is without sin cast the first ice cube".

Haaahaaahaaaahaaahaaaahaaa - that without a doubt is the funniest post i have seen in DS!!!!! I salute you!:D
  • Options
    1D♥1D♥ Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I will forever love Gavin Henson for what he did for Wales in the Grandslam 2005 (amazing kick) but he is an absolute plonker! (putting it politely) he blows every oppourtunity he gets! I've met him a few times and he seems very sweet, but a bit dumb! I guess he doesn't think before he acts :rolleyes:
    I hope he gets another chance to play for a different club, although its unlikely now as it seems he's more trouble than he's worth atm! I still believe he has some amazing talent but he's basically thrown it all away for the sake of what? A few drunken nights/bustups throughout the years. Silly boy Gavin!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Apparently a cardiff blues player tweeted "it wasn't bad at all. blown out of proportion. Club are just amateurs". The tweet has now been deleted.
  • Options
    JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I looked into his eyes. All I saw was a vacant space.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Isn't that a song line that rhymes with "...the human race"?
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Another predictably drunk heading towards Celebrity Big Brother? Or will it be the Jungle?

Said it before and will say it again............he'll be chewing kangaroo bollox by November......no crystal ball needed for that one !
  • Options
    dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's very strange because apparently he's on a low wage at Cardiff and they could have got rid of him at the end of the season anyway. Gavin isn't the only one to get into trouble lately 2 Cardiff players were arrested in Febuary you didn't see Cardiff suspending them. Where were the coaches when he was playing up on the plane didn't they have a word with him? I think there's more going on here that we don't know about.

Really?!! He's 30 not 12! Are they supposed to wipe his arse for him as well?

Isn't it about time he grew up?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fabala wrote: »
    Wasted his talent over the last few years and messed around clubs with contracts. I'd be surprised if another club took the risk with him.

Yep, seems more interested in being a z list celebrity and other ventures than having a successful rugby career. He's left three clubs this year now
  • Options
    Silent-loveSilent-love Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    Said it before and will say it again............he'll be chewing kangaroo bollox by November......no crystal ball needed for that one !

Your right it's a Given for Gavin.

He should look into this crystal ball.
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i've never liked the look at him - when he was on strictly come dancing he was very quiet - you'd never suspect he was one for getting drunk and causing problems. but i suppose it's the quiet ones you've gotta watch.

i imagine it's only when he's had a drink he's able to come out of his shell a bit.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    cazzz wrote: »
    yup, more to this, they wont have to buy out his contract. I think that happened in his last club. I dont think clubs will be queuing up for him. He has had a lot of opportunities and stuffed them up...Big Brother is probably on the cards:yawn:

He signed for 8 months in October so his contract was nearly up anyway, as I understand it
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does he have issues with drink?
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »

You may well be right- with no income he will have to do all sorts to contribute to his kids upbringing- :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    Think its a case of hes so crap they were delighted to have an excuse to sack him. If he had been a better team player or even just a better player they would have released the usual suspended hes sorry/apology stuff.
  • Options
    YULSTARYULSTAR Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom shanklin has said it's been totally blown out of proportion, but when you're a household name with a bit of previous the club can do nothing else but take a hard line and an example to others.

The dude clearly can't handle his drink, I think he has issues, but I also think, why did they serve him on the plane if he was that drunk? Why did none of his team mates tell him to shut the f##k up?
    Maybe because actually, he wasn't that bad and it's been blown out of proportion??

Who knows....none of us! He's been a doofus, but it's a shame to rugby, too famous too young I think and he's suffered since
  • Options
    Forum Member
    doffer wrote: »
    Really?!! He's 30 not 12! Are they supposed to wipe his arse for him as well?

Isn't it about time he grew up?

So it's acceptable that the coaches let him go out all night and let him carry on drinking on the plane when there's a huge game next week? The coaches should have had a word as soon as he turned up drunk for the flight.