JKRowling admits she made a mistake with Ron and Hermione.

13»

Comments

• Mr Alex TMr Alex T Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Thank you for this thread! I have enjoyed reading all the comments and different views. I really don't have a strong opinion on this but I am going to seek out another Potter thread! I may even comment!

I really want to read the book over again now!
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why she needs to do so much reflection, the books should be left as they are
  • Dean_FranceDean_France Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    I never cared who fancied who, I wasn't even aware of this match until the book were they started kissing. It really is much more than just a wizarding story. It is a story about teens growing up as well.

Ron is a full blood unlike the other two, of course his views would be different to theirs. Hernione did mention he needed to grow up and get a girlfriend as he seemed to mature much later then the other 2. No one wanted to kill him and his experiences would seem different to Hermione who was like Harry a muggle bred witch.

Ron had humor and I cheered when he found Harry after being away for so long in the final book.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry should definitely have ended up with Luna. Having him fancying Ginny and going out with her was one thing, but for him to be with her long term was a bit naff. Luna was a much better character, if not the best female character in the books.
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Ron and Hermione together, their banter and relationship was one of my favourite things about the books :blush: