2 years to Euro 2016. Will England learn anything by then?

feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Two years to go till Euro 2016.
Enough time to learn the lessons of this WC and get a young fit team to play together and stick with them without changing the players too much. I still think we could do well in France 2016.

Comments

• Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    England have learned sod all since I watched my first World Cup at the age of 9. When I was 17 they got into the semis and went out on penalties to Germany, I suppose I could let them off there. Since then there has been fiasco after fiasco when they actually did qualify, from David Seaman's ponytail to Phil Jagielka cocking up last night. How the managers don't learn is beyond me it really is.
  • nevadanevada Posts: 1,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big man up front with long balls pumped into the box.
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    No I seriously don't think we will be any better in the Euro's. We are not learning from history. It is simply too late to do anything about it. The EPL is destroying the national game.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    I'd simply say "no", but I need three more characters.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Will we learn?

Will we bollocks!
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd simply say "no", but I need three more characters.

Simple answer is..............

Wait for it......

NO
    Forum Member
    If a business or a company made the same mistakes over and over and over and over again, they would be bankrupt.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, we will qualify without much trouble, but disappoint on the big stage as we always do.

I've given up any hope on England winning a major tournament in my lifetime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    First they need to get rid of their useless manager and bring in someone with more of a clue tactically. Then they have to tell the new manager he isn't allowed to call up the same old players who have let England down again and again for the last 10 or more years (especially Rooney and Gerrard).
    Forum Member
    No, we will qualify without much trouble, but disappoint on the big stage as we always do.

I've given up any hope on England winning a major tournament in my lifetime.

As Danny Baker said on his Twitter account:

In my lifetime: Can we WIN the WC? to Can we make semi finals? to Can we make quarter finals? to Can we get out of group? to Can we qualify?

Sums it up.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Peter_Lamy wrote: »
    First they need to get rid of their useless manager and bring in someone with more of a clue tactically. Then they have to tell the new manager he isn't allowed to call up the same old players who have let England down again and again for the last 10 or more years (especially Rooney and Gerrard).

"Hi Jose. Welcome to the England job. Now first things first - we've decided that we're going to stop you from selecting a few players...."

".....yes, of course you're the boss Jose!"

"....no, we aren't trying to step on your toes it's just that we, the bigwigs at the FA, have decided that we know better than you and old players are out...everyone's saying so!"

I can't really see that one working out, to be honest. :p
  • B_Bowler27B_Bowler27 Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Players come and go, tournaments come and go but it always seems to be the same old story.