Options

Who remembers these books

Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
Forum Member
Good evening,

When I was a kid many many years ago I used to read role playing books that played out on my decision.

So if I decided to stop a night in an inn I had to turn to page 73 but if I wanted to continue my journey I had to turn to page 96 and the story carried on.

Can anyone remember these?

Comments

• Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Gosh, there were dozens of these type of books: Endless Quest, Choose Your Own
    Adventure, Fighting Fantasy, Lone Wolf...
  • Options
    MissCharleyPMissCharleyP Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes! I also remember similar ones where you were the detective: "The Case of the Midnight Chess Game" or similar. There was a series of these books spun off from the TV show 'Knightmare' as well.
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a Famous Five version as well with dice and, I believe, cards. It was quite convoluted.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I liked Grailquest.
  • Options
    ShomofoShomofo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the "choose your own adventure" books I remember reading most.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were some Goosebumps books that were like this too.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    Good evening,

When I was a kid many many years ago I used to read role playing books that played out on my decision.

So if I decided to stop a night in an inn I had to turn to page 73 but if I wanted to continue my journey I had to turn to page 96 and the story carried on.

Can anyone remember these?
    I don't know if you're aware but there's a load of these type of books (Fighting Fantasy and the like) available in a digitised interactive format in the Apple App Store and probably the Play and Amazon stores. Basically the computer keeps track of the stats but most hide the world requiring you to map It out with pen and paper.