Where I think Tulisa went wrong in series 9

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Getting a number one means you have to appeal to the lowest common denominator and Young was by-numbers song cynically made to a formally and tied in with marketing and a dire video.

Sexiest woman - well FHM readers are hardly a great group of people. Give them a cheap and easy bit of bird and they'll vote with a drool.

Don't be so naive about the relationship between z listers and the tabloids - they need each other.

Still a number one is a number one, and it hasn't been Tulisa's first hit, so she is popular.

Agree about the Sexiest woman view about some winners, but Tulisa did well to come out of nowhere and be the crowned the most attractive woman in the UK.

Tulisa doesn't need the press, judging by her Tweets she's more annoyed with the press than she is a fan of them.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    Still a number one is a number one, and it hasn't been Tulisa's first hit, so she is popular.

Agree about the Sexiest woman view about some winners, but Tulisa did well to come out of nowhere and be the crowned the most attractive woman in the UK.

Tulisa doesn't need the press, judging by her Tweets she's more annoyed with the press than she is a fan of them.

And by Tweeting, she knows it'll make the tabloids - duh :o She's desperate for attention, otherwise she'd just ignore the jibes about her weight.

Popular? Don't make me laugh :D
  • Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes its amazing how these women suddenly get jobs on syco tv shows and are suddenly winning sexiest women type awards ... *cough*

:o
    Forum Member
    Yes its amazing how these women suddenly get jobs on syco tv shows and are suddenly winning sexiest women type awards ... *cough*

:o

With some winners yes. They get on TV in skimpy outfits, do a few dodgy cover shoots and suddenly they are FHM's sexiest. But Tulisa didn't really do that, and she is naturally good looking.
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Tulisa was a great judge on Series 8 but last year she didn't have the star quality X Factor needed compared with Nicole. I was always excited to see what Nicole Said.

She obviously made the right choices as all of her acts made the final 5. An X Factor record and also she had The Winner and Runner Up as her acts.
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looked really bored and pissed off in the last series. I don't think she had as much freedom of choice as people think. I don't think she chose the acts or the songs and she looked defeated from the start.
  • Say_My_NameSay_My_Name Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    The only good thing about her last series was when she saved Rylan over Kye, it was beautiful.
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    She said the words urban and roots far far far too much!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She also bragged to Louis about having a number one on the show in an argument about Westlife. How things change ....
  • CinnamonBrickCinnamonBrick Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    I honestly never saw the issue with Tulisa last year, I saw the same Tulisa in both of her years. Kelly was brilliant during the auditions but terrible in the live shows, whilst Nicole was terrible in the auditions and brilliant in the live shows. Tulisa just ended up flying under the radar and being in Nicole's shadow. The perception of her is almost certainly purely down to the sex tape, it turned her into a bit of a laughing stock. She also had some poorly thought and promoted singles, they were released and marketed on the basis that she was an X Factor judge and would do well regardless. They didn't, and that hasn't helped with the negative attitude towards her.

Finally, someone who speaks sense. I enjoy everyone else re-iterating the hype the media feeds them instead of using their own processes.
  • boundlesslife12boundlesslife12 Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    She had a sex tape and flop records ... not a good look when you are meant to be a judge on the biggest family talent show in the UK.

Exactly you can't be fronting a kids programme and be a low life hooker chave.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly you can't be fronting a kids programme and be a low life hooker chave.

Who are you on about?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a sex tape and flop records ... not a good look when you are meant to be a judge on the biggest family talent show in the UK.

The moral of that comment is
    `Think before putting a **** or a c**k in your mouth in public`
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She got lucky with Little Mix, but she handled the rest of her groups terribly, they all went out very quickly, and even to Little Mix she gave them dreadful song choices like Ke$ha in Rock Week...:confused:

She looked like she was laughing at her own joke which makes it look all the more embarrassing for her. :o

You clearly just don't like her.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly you can't be fronting a kids programmeand be a low life hooker chave.

my grandmother watches this show
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that sex tape messed it up for her. since then she never recovered. it seems people lost respect for her after that sadly for her...
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    that sex tape messed it up for her. since then she never recovered. it seems people lost respect for her after that sadly for her...

I think her general grumpiness messed it up for her - she looked (and often sounded) like she didn't want to be there.
  • AUNACAUNAC Posts: 191
    Forum Member

Mr Blobby had a number 1 .. where is he now?:p
    Forum Member
    AUNAC wrote: »
    Mr Blobby had a number 1 .. where is he now?:p

You can call Tulisa a success story, she's a chart-topping X Factor judge :rolleyes:
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this has been mentioned but I think her and Louis' behaviour also put people off her. The show where they laughed at Chris' performance was particularly unpleasant viewing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    I don't think this has been mentioned but I think her and Louis' behaviour also put people off her. The show where they laughed at Chris' performance was particularly unpleasant viewing.

So was Christopher. Every week. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I do like Tulisa to some extend, however I think the tape played a big part in her getting FHM sexiest woman.
    Forum Member
    I do like Tulisa to some extend, however I think the tape played a big part in her getting FHM sexiest woman.

Really? some people have been saying the tape wasn't that good....Tape aside Tulisa is a very pretty girl.
  • James_LavertyJames_Laverty Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basically she is a talentless chav who didn;t deserve her place on the panel